Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

21 minutes ago, MagCA said:

What would be the general consensus of approaching Ed Woodward for the role of CEO?

I'd be open to it, if kept away from recruitment decisions.

interview Derek Llambias and Lee Charnley while we are at it

22 minutes ago, MagCA said:

What would be the general consensus of approaching Ed Woodward for the role of CEO?

If we require official noodle

partners in Vietnam or tyre providers to Nigeria I’m down with it. Otherwise he can fuck off.

Just now, Ben said:

TBF Woodward has done fantastically well with the commercial side of Man U

Couldn’t give a fuck, commercial side in a vacuum means nothing. We need people at this club who care about football 

29 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Couldn’t give a fuck, commercial side in a vacuum means nothing. We need people at this club who care about football 

If he was totally separate from the football decisions I'd be on board with him coming, Chelsea and Man City must have loads of suits who's job it is to grow them commercially but have no input to the football side 

55 minutes ago, MagCA said:

I get that the man is a walking disaster but I can't deny he was very good at maximising profits for the red scum further down the road. I'm aware it's a daft idea but just throwing something to talk about eh.

Would make some sense for commercial deals only. Like a modern day Freddie Fletcher.

38 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Tbf there should be a commercial side that needs dealing with that doesn't need that person to touch the footballing side itself, headed up by the sort of individuals we as fans shouldn't need to particularly know or care about.

I don't pay enough attention to know about Woodward other than his footballing decisions have been a mishmash at Man U, but if he was instrumental in their commercial side prior to being given the footballing reigns then I wouldn't be against it. Suppose there could be a worry though as to his ego now that he's had a taste of the footballing side and thinks he deserves another crack at that sort of role rather than fading back in to the background.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

We need both like, daft to think otherwise.

Commercial side can massively affect the Footballing side to state the obvious with FFP. I will say keep them away from each other on a day to day basis.

1 hour ago, MagCA said:

Worst suggestion since HTT suggested signing Wilshere

Edited by gdm