Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

8 minutes ago, LV said:

I’ve not heard the Ghodoussi cold calling one.

But so what? Asking for agents, managers and peoples numbers and then giving them a call isn’t unusual.

What do you want them to do? Send them a letter? 

I cold call leads at least 2-5 times a week mate, I understand both the need and value in cold calls. You don’t have to get all defensive, when I was simply surprised by hearing that, and expressing a very mild reaction. 

This forum is sprouting some serious cult-like mentality around the new owners and manager. Any criticism or perceived negative remark is met with Mao’s Cultural Revolution. 

Edited by DJ_NUFC
Spelling

1 minute ago, TBG said:

It's honestly baffling how many people were Ashley enablers for 14 years under the guise of 'Support the team not the regime'. 

14 years worth of damage done and they throw their toys out because the new owners can't turn it round in 6 months. 

I was never an Ashley enabler. It’s like you can’t critique the ownership without “betwetting” or “throwing toys out of the pram” 

Just now, TBG said:

It's honestly baffling how many people were Ashley enablers for 14 years under the guise of 'Support the team not the regime'. 

14 years worth of damage done and they throw their toys out because the new owners can't turn it round in 6 months. 

I absolutely cannot get my head round it. Hardly a peep of dissent under Ashley and people are behaving like spoilt kids who can’t get a new toy NOW! 

And also the jumping on every piece of news like everything’s a drama, everything’s a sensation. Looking to apportion blame without any real insight or knowledge of the actual situation. Bit of a reflection of the internet driven society of today unfortunately but come on people let’s get some perspective. 

1 minute ago, CFlan said:

I was never an Ashley enabler. It’s like you can’t critique the ownership without “betwetting” or “throwing toys out of the pram” 

There’s critiquing and there’s saying the consortium are responsible for our pending relegation.

3 minutes ago, DJ_NUFC said:

I cold call leads at least 2-5 times a week mate, I understand both the need and value in cold calls. You don’t have to get all defensive, when I was simply surprised by hearing that, and expressing a very mild reaction. 

This forum is sprouting some serious cult-like mentally around the new owners and manager. Any criticism or perceived negative remark is met with Mao’s Cultural Revolution. 

Im not the one getting defensive here :lol:

Just now, LV said:

Im not the one getting defensive here :lol:

You seem to spend a large portion of your time on here tone policing, making wild accusations and public judgments about anyone who dares question the new owners and manager. Just above, you mentioned “hardly a peep when Ashley was here,” get to fuck. You know nothing about many of us on here, if you actually believe that. 

1 minute ago, DJ_NUFC said:

You seem to spend a large portion of your time on here tone policing, making wild accusations and public judgments about anyone who dares question the new owners and manager. Just above, you mentioned “hardly a peep when Ashley was here,” get to fuck. You know nothing about many of us on here, if you actually believe that. 

What wild accusations have I made?? 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

I absolutely cannot get my head round it. Hardly a peep of dissent under Ashley and people are behaving like spoilt kids who can’t get a new toy NOW! 

And also the jumping on every piece of news like everything’s a drama, everything’s a sensation. Looking to apportion blame without any real insight or knowledge of the actual situation. Bit of a reflection of the internet driven society of today unfortunately but come on people let’s get some perspective. 

wat 

Just now, LV said:

What wild accusations have I made?? 

Look, I get that you absolve the new ownership and management of any and all blame. And that is your wont, and you’re entitled to your opinion, and even broadcast it 24/7 on here. But you’ve been pushing this narrative, creating an environment, where any opposing opinion, however mild, is treated as ignorant at best, or enabling the Ashley regime at the worst. 

Do CEO's and DoF's have extra special powers of persuasion that would have made selling clubs sell the players we want for less than we have already bid ?

Selling clubs know we are desperate and have time on their side, either buyer or seller will have to blink before the window shuts.

A DoF would still face the same problem that we do now. Anyone seeing us coming will try and drag it out as long as possible to see how desperate we get towards the end of the window. If you were in charge of another club with a player we wanted, why would you you sell now? They're only really going to sell if they're desperate for the money and we can show them that we won't go back at a later date if they don't accept now.

Watford seem to be getting a lot of players in, but clubs know they don't have unlimited money. If we'd went in for the same players it would probably still be dragging on, with far higher offers needed than Watford paid. 

This was always going to be a problem in January. Meeting release clauses or hoping a player would take a huff to come is probably our only way in most cases.

Just now, madras said:

Do CEO's and DoF's have extra special powers of persuasion that would have made selling clubs sell the players we want for less than we have already bid ?

Selling clubs know we are desperate and have time on their side, either buyer or seller will have to blink before the window shuts.

No but they have contacts and experience of dealing in the transfer window.

1 minute ago, madras said:

That would have made clubs sell the players we want ?

A director of football knows how to get a signing done better then what we have now that’s surely just common sense ? And maybe not but we would have a better chance certainly.

2 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

A director of football knows how to get a signing done better then what we have now that’s surely just common sense ? And maybe not but we would have a better chance certainly.

In general yes but I think we are in pretty unique circumstances which makes things very different.

11 minutes ago, madras said:

I've just watched 'Greedy' and apparently those type of people exist.

We definitely need a DOF to create a football structure which is something we don’t have. 

We are crying out for a philosophy which can run throughout the entire club (think Ajax or Barca). 

it’s totally crucial to have someone who can ensure the continuity between all levels of football at the club as well as between different managers. 

45 minutes ago, JJ7 said:

A DoF would still face the same problem that we do now. Anyone seeing us coming will try and drag it out as long as possible to see how desperate we get towards the end of the window. If you were in charge of another club with a player we wanted, why would you you sell now? They're only really going to sell if they're desperate for the money and we can show them that we won't go back at a later date if they don't accept now.

Watford seem to be getting a lot of players in, but clubs know they don't have unlimited money. If we'd went in for the same players it would probably still be dragging on, with far higher offers needed than Watford paid. 

This was always going to be a problem in January. Meeting release clauses or hoping a player would take a huff to come is probably our only way in most cases.

How much would we sell Wilson to Southampton for? And how much to Man City?

I'd say he is that important to us that we would set a ridiculous price no matter who the buyer is. If they don't want to pay near to that, they can walk away.

See, I think the value a club sets on their player is FAR more complicated than quadrupling the price because it's NUFC. Sure, they might up the price a bit, but clubs have been doing that to Man City for years. They still get the deals done they need to somehow though. That's where negotiating comes into play. It remains to be seen how well we are doing in that regard but it doesn't look great at the minute..