Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

18 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Probably not. Having Rangnik in the league makes things a lot harder now though.

Forget about it. We aren't even in that league right now and we might not literally be in it come June.

We need to concentrate on ourselves. The big clubs at the top are always slitting each others throats. Every time one side wins the league 3 others sides are deemed to have failed and react accordingly.

Man Utd are in turmoil. I can't see Fergie and Rangnick seeing eye to eye. 

Pretty sure I heard some Irish fella who is a Russian football ‘expert’ on TalkShite this afternoon saying categorically that Ragnick would not be going to Man U :lol:

1 hour ago, STM said:

Forget about it. We aren't even in that league right now and we might not literally be in it come June.

We need to concentrate on ourselves. The big clubs at the top are always slitting each others throats. Every time one side wins the league 3 others sides are deemed to have failed and react accordingly.

Man Utd are in turmoil. I can't see Fergie and Rangnick seeing eye to eye. 

You are right, we aren't anywhere near those clubs yet. Even those that are deemed to be failing like Man U and Spurs have the pulling power to bring in top coaches like Pochettino and Conte. For us it will take a few years, but in the meantime at least we can enjoy raising standards from where we are now, whether it's hiring backroom staff or buying players. Exciting times in their own way. 

Guest neesy111
2 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Had a dream/nightmare last night that they appointed Alex Hurst into the DoF role :lol: 

Not sure what is more disturbing, the thought of that happening or the fact I was dreaming about Alex.

I'd stay off the cheese if that's your type of dreams.  :lol:

55 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Had a dream/nightmare last night that they appointed Alex Hurst into the DoF role :lol: 

Not sure what is more disturbing, the thought of that happening or the fact I was dreaming about Alex.

Major Partridge vibes about this.

Hopefully they'll allowing Howe to choose his own targets for this first window, which gives us a few months after to bed someone into the DOF role, earn Howe's trust and build up a list of the kind of players that might suit the team long term.

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Says it’s down to the owners wanting to carry out a thorough process.

Apparently also Overmars is no longer being considered because he wants to stay at Ajax.

Emanalo still in the running and he has even sent the club his plan for the Jan transfer window and beyond and has indicated he is ready and available now.

And it’s Howe and Steve Nickson along with Amanda who are planning for the Jan window right now. 

Edited by LV

6 minutes ago, LV said:

Apparently also Overmars is no longer being considered because he wants to stay at Ajax.

Emanalo still in the running and he has even sent the club his plan for the Jan transfer window and beyond and has indicated he is ready and available now.

And it’s Howe and Steve Nickson along with Amanda who are planning for the Jan window right now. 

This is exactly how you get your pants pulled down and ripped off over transfers 

The fact that we can't even get a DOF in place, doesn't bode well for getting the players we need for January like. You can be thorough as you like, but the chances are it'll be the same candidates after January as it is now. 

Football moves quick. Howe and Nickson planning the most important January window surely isn't what anyone had in mind?