Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

3 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

The fact that we can't even get a DOF in place, doesn't bode well for getting the players we need for January like. You can be thorough as you like, but the chances are it'll be the same candidates after January as it is now. 

Football moves quick. Howe and Nickson planning the most important January window surely isn't what anyone had in mind?

A DoF would be there to implement our transfer strategy for the way the club wants to progress in the future. It’s not necessary to have one just to purchase players, as seen previously. This year is about survival, pure and simple, and once that is achieved, THEN a DoF can start to make plans for transfers to move us forward. I don’t understand why people are getting hung up that we won’t be able to make purchases just because this position hasn’t been filled yet?

24 minutes ago, Manxst said:

A DoF would be there to implement our transfer strategy for the way the club wants to progress in the future. It’s not necessary to have one just to purchase players, as seen previously. This year is about survival, pure and simple, and once that is achieved, THEN a DoF can start to make plans for transfers to move us forward. I don’t understand why people are getting hung up that we won’t be able to make purchases just because this position hasn’t been filled yet?

I don't think people are fearing signings flat out won't happen because we don't have a DoF to make them. More that the length of time it took to make a Head Coach decision and now a DoF and/or CEO decision doesn't bode well for how long it could take the same hierarchy to get transfers done.

I'm trying to maintain positivity wherever possible as it's early days but I'd be lying if I said I didn't have a similar nagging feeling at the back of my mind. We as fans have been conditioned to expect the worst for 13 years and I don't blame anyone that hasn't been able to shake that yet.

Can’t bring someone in for that kind of planning when we’re staring relegation down the barrel of a gun.

If our fortunes are better by then (January) they’ll have people lined up.

If not they’ll have to put that off until after we get promoted from the champo.

The thing I worry about is do they have anyone around them that knows how to actually go about conducting transfers? 

Hopefully they do have football advisors who have some experience of this. 

It may be really easy and any idiot (see Charnley, Lee) can do it but it may also be really complex and need people with some experience of it. 

Just hope they’ve got a bit of help is all. 

14 years of poor decisions and Ashley bringing in his drinking buddies to run the club has made us all very impatient and suspicious of any appointment, I'm happy they are doing due diligence on every hire it proves to me that they are in it for the long haul, I'm very much in the trust the process frame of mind with everything they are doing.

I hope this is not how it will be in January. Took ages to sack Bruce, ages to eventually get Howe. Taking ages to settle this.  If we take an age to make signings, we'll be in the Championship before they actually put in offers for the players. Sorry, I hate to say it but just had to.

With virtually no football staff structure at the club they're on a hiding to nothing....

Appoint someone quick and it doesn't work out, it was a rushed panic decision, take their time and they're too slow.....wasn't Rangick linked as DOF for a fair bit of time?

Until we've got a few people in who understand how football works, things are going to seem very slow and there will be painful costly mistakes along the way.

May well have to ride out a season or two in the championship till there's a structure experienced enough to know how to operate.

20 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I hope this is not how it will be in January. Took ages to sack Bruce, ages to eventually get Howe. Taking ages to settle this.  If we take an age to make signings, we'll be in the Championship before they actually put in offers for the players. Sorry, I hate to say it but just had to.

Ages?

35 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

One month man if that [emoji38]

1 hour ago, gjohnson said:

With virtually no football staff structure at the club they're on a hiding to nothing....

Appoint someone quick and it doesn't work out, it was a rushed panic decision, take their time and they're too slow.....wasn't Rangick linked as DOF for a fair bit of time?

Until we've got a few people in who understand how football works, things are going to seem very slow and there will be painful costly mistakes along the way.

May well have to ride out a season or two in the championship till there's a structure experienced enough to know how to operate.

Media and agent links mean nothing though let’s be honest

Its not looking that slick at the moment is it? Like, I think it's ok to say that. They've made one appointment so far which seemed to take a while and patently wasn't the first choice. I don't know it just feels a little bit like they are still caught on the hop from the takeover getting announced and that perhaps the corportate structure doesn't lend itself to quick decision making. 

Now there may well be good reasons for all of the delays and I have no doubt they are trying their best it just doesn't scream well executed plan. 

I suppose that’s exactly it, it hasn't been well executed because one minute the takeover was off and it was all going through the courts and the next minute it was approved by the PL out of nowhere.

The consortium probably thought they were months or even years away from having to come in and start everything  if they even thought it was going to happen at all.

They had been planning on Rafa and likely him telling them everything they needed to sort for the club and suddenly he’s no longer available.

I think they are literally starting from scratch and having to do it all on the fly. Imagine being given the shell of a PL club and being told ‘all yours, off you go. Oh and by the way everything is out of date (including your team manager) and you’re in the relegation zone. Enjoy!’ 

:lol:

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I suppose that’s exactly it, it hasn't been well executed because one minute the takeover was off and it was all going through the courts and the next minute it was approved by the PL out of nowhere.

The consortium probably thought they were months or even years away from having to come in and start everything  if they even thought it was going to happen at all.

They had been planning on Rafa and likely him telling them everything they needed to sort for the club and suddenly he’s no longer available.

I think they are literally starting from scratch and having to do it all on the fly. Imagine being given the shell of a PL club and being told ‘all yours, off you go. Oh and by the way everything is out of date (including your team manager) and you’re in the relegation zone. Enjoy!’ 

:lol:

It's kind of ironic that at the rate things are going, Rafa could likely be available before we play Burnley. I wonder if they'd consider him as a potential candidate?

Personally I'd prefer Emenalo at this point but it's food for thought I suppose.

Just now, Carlito said:

It's kind of ironic that at the rate things are going, Rafa could likely be available before we play Burnley. I wonder if they'd consider him as a potential candidate?

Personally I'd prefer Emenalo at this point but it's food for thought I suppose.

Consider Benitez as a candidate for DoF?

1 minute ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

Consider Benitez as a candidate for DoF?

Yup. May be a bit of a stretch, especially if he'd prefer to stay in management but it may be something that interests him at the same time. It wouldn't surprise me if they at least made some kind of approach should be leave Everton.

I was annoyed about the delay in sacking Bruce as I was with the delay in appointing Howe, which has ultimately cost us momentum and points.

The delay in appointing to these key roles can’t affect our business in January, that’s the key point here.

If we sign players in January, as early on as possible, fine. But we cannot be pissing around with transfers. Get one or two in as soon as possible and give much needed strength to the squad.

Even if they are loans to the end of the season just to get us through, I’m not bothered. Survival should be the sole aim right now. 

15 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I was annoyed about the delay in sacking Bruce as I was with the delay in appointing Howe, which has ultimately cost us momentum and points.

The delay in appointing to these key roles can’t affect our business in January, that’s the key point here.

If we sign players in January, as early on as possible, fine. But we cannot be pissing around with transfers. Get one or two in as soon as possible and give much needed strength to the squad.

Even if they are loans to the end of the season just to get us through, I’m not bothered. Survival should be the sole aim right now. 

Only allowed two (not enough) so will need permanent signings also (maybe relegation clause inserted), but you're right we can't fuck on as the difference between staying up and down could be 1 point (i.e. 1 game). They need to get players agreed and internally signed off (with PIF) in December. They have made a few errors (delays, leaks) so far, but AS did say they will learn, so hopefully they will.