Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Very clever appointment I feel. Much rather him than someone like Emenalo who seems very egotistical and would probably want to just come in and spend daft money. Be exciting to see us grow and fulfill our potential and Ashworth would help with that. 

9 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Not going to pretend I know much about him but far too many people who do say it's a sound appointment for it not to be. Good stuff.

Aye my position as well, sounds like an excellent appointment. 

20 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Does anybody know much about him? :lol: No idea whether to get excited by this or not.

At least we look like a real football club now, which can only be a good thing.

As with you I know little about him as an individual but looking at the last two projects he's been involved in with England and Brighton it makes me optimistic about having a clear plan for the future. 

21 minutes ago, Klaus said:

Does anybody know much about him? :lol: No idea whether to get excited by this or not.

At least we look like a real football club now, which can only be a good thing.

His last two jobs have been successful with the FA and Brighton, that's about it.

On 31/01/2022 at 01:02, UTASeagull said:

It would be a massive loss for our club and a phenomenal signing for you. He is considered the best in the country at what he does, and has been personally involved in all our recent successful signings, including Lamptey. He has an outstanding knowledge of club's academies and has put together a leading international scouting network, which is seeing us pick up several "wonderkids" from South America and beyond for relative pennies. We are competing with some of the biggest clubs in the world for signatures, which is mental as a Brighton fan.

Tony Bloom, our chairman and lifelong supporter is the money man. His CEO Paul Barber does the commercial stuff. Everything football is Ashworth. 

He is absolutely irreplaceable and would be the best possible signing you could make. Pay whatever it costs. That said, I really, really don't want to lose him. 

For anyone looking to know a bit more about Ashworth, this Brighton fan offers some good insight.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Still a bit meh for me. 

Brighton signings and such has been good but not great. 

He hired Potter. He’s been good, not great.  A lot of solid signings. Again, good not great.  

If you listen to the interview above, he does explain a lot of that.

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Still a bit meh for me. 

He hired Potter. He’s been good, not great.  A lot of solid signings. Again, good not great.  

He'll improve us, I don't know how anyone could come to any other conclusion. That's where we are as a club right now, lots of potential but little else. Appointments like Howe and Ashworth are about right IMO.

3 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Still a bit meh for me. 

He’s been pivotal in the recruitment that has turned bha into an established PL team. Superb appointment for us and our ambition.  

Potter is a manager who will only get better with time imo. His style of football isn't really suited to a midtable side, he needs players who are comfortable dominating games. If Brighton's player quality continues upwards I think he'll flourish.

If Pep took over a side like Brighton you'd probably be seeing a lot of high possession stats and draws.

Edited by Hanshithispantz

The fact Brighton are not a big club is part of the problem.  If we are looking to break into the top 8 in the next couple of seasons, why are we signing a TD with zero experience of the top 8? 

it looks to me like we are setting up to become a solid mid table side. Which is an improvement and perhaps a necessary step.  But I would like someone at the club with some experience of the level above If that’s our end goal.