Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

1 hour ago, triggs said:

In terms of finding players I think even if they came in now January wouldn't be enough time for a DOF to make a massive difference but a bit concerning maybe about who is going to be doing the negotiating in January if nobody does come in

Most likely Howe since he basically runs everything at Bournemouth. Would be bad if new owners without knowledge in this area manage the negotiations.

Think Staveley desperately needs support in CEO/ DOF helping to run the club though.

It’s not implausible that the people they want in key roles are already attached to  someone else. If that’s the case they wouldn’t be in a position to share until they have a signed contract. 

it’s not smoke and mirrors like the previous clown. They just want to make the right decisions for long term success. Timings etc probably have caught them out but I have faith they’ll get it right. 

You don't need a DoF to sign players or negotiate. It's an important role for the future but as long as Howe identifies who he needs then there will be people available to open talks.

In a way, it might be beneficial in the short term not to have an extra person in the decision making as we'll need additions in quickly. Last thing we need is a DoF and Howe disagreeing on targets and getting bogged down!

Edited by Hhtoon

I think our situation going into January will depend a lot on the timing, if we’re out of bottom 3 and things are looking better, it’s a case of forging ahead with long term plans.

If it’s not looking good they may well defer things until the summer. Eddie Howe will have a list of players he thinks would get us safe.

I imagine we'll be looking at loan signings not getting game time at other clubs (perhaps with option to convert to permanent deal providing we stay up) and a few dependable players Howe trusts will do a job for him for the most part anyway in January. Building for the longer term will start after January and for that it really doesn't matter all that much whether we finish in the bottom three or not.

4 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I imagine we'll be looking at loan signings not getting game time at other clubs (perhaps with option to convert to permanent deal providing we stay up) and a few dependable players Howe trusts will do a job for him for the most part anyway in January. Building for the longer term will start after January and for that it really doesn't matter all that much whether we finish in the bottom three or not.

Loans player numbers are restricted by the league, we’ll still have to buy players, that’s if we’re talking about bringing in 4-5 new faces.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

5 hours ago, Awaymag said:

Silence is golden.........wonder if Lee was leaking to the press as his termination did come rather quick, considering papers were suggesting he wanted to stay only a few days before the NUFC statement?

That's the strange part about all this, why sack Charnley if there's no director ready to come in? It doesn't make sense unless the club thought he was doing more harm than good. 

11 minutes ago, TRon said:

That's the strange part about all this, why sack Charnley if there's no director ready to come in? It doesn't make sense unless the club thought he was doing more harm than good. 

He's completed the spreadsheet of passwords. What else does he bring to the table?

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

Charnley will be replaced by a CEO in due course (I think Mandy may fancy that one).

The "Director of Football" post, has nothing to do with the CEO post. Different jobs, completely different functions within the organisation.

Just now, manorpark said:

Charnley will be replaced by a CEO in due course (I think Mandy may fancy that one).

The "Director of Football" post, has nothing to do with the CEO post. Different jobs, completely different functions within the organisation.

Ordinarily yes, but Charners was doing all of them previously, and janitorial duties as well as far as I know. 

7 minutes ago, TRon said:

Ordinarily yes, but Charners was doing all of them previously, and janitorial duties as well as far as I know. 

Yes, but the singular post of "Mr St James' Park, do-it-all" will not ever be filled again !!