Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

5 minutes ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Now the leak has left, things will be done quietly I would suspect.

I'm surprised it hasn't been wrapped up a bit sooner though, we were hearing stuff about this Emenalo fella three weeks ago. 

10 minutes ago, relámpago blanco said:

Not really, but its not really urgent like a manager is it?  This is a long term appointment that should outlast any manager in theory unless the new sporting director turns out to be gash.

You say not urgent, however we are about 6 weeks away from the window opening, I’d have thought a DOF would have been in post identifying targets etc between now and January. Any new deals need to be done as quickly as possible.

29 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

You say not urgent, however we are about 6 weeks away from the window opening, I’d have thought a DOF would have been in post identifying targets etc between now and January. Any new deals need to be done as quickly as possible.

Got to agree with this in all honesty. With January just over a month away, ideally we could get at least a few targets sorted before the window opens instead of scrambling around and wasting valuable time throughout the month. With the fixtures we have in January and February I think it's vital we get some players in ahead of time as those games are very much winnable.

We still have a recruitment team in place and Howe apparently already had targets in mind for January, specifically for staving off relegation, and so I really don't think the DOF needs to come in for transfers to be done.

The DOF is more important for the restructuring of the club's whole footballing setup, and then for the longer term recruitment of players once staying up has been achieved.

I must admit, it's quite concerning that they haven't sorted this out. Assuming they were always going with this model, why haven't they appointed one? They've had enough time.

If they're going into January without an experienced DOF, it feels like amateur hour to me mind. Leaving transfers entirely in the hands of Howe could well be a disaster. Might be wrong, but feels like that to me.

We don't know the scale of the refurbishment at this point. They've had to put £38m in just to get the day-to-day up to scratch. Who's even working on things atm? They've joined a club with no apparent corporate structure whatsoever. There's no wonder it's taking time to get stuff nailed down. 

14 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We don't know the scale of the refurbishment at this point. They've had to put £38m in just to get the day-to-day up to scratch. Who's even working on things atm? They've joined a club with no apparent corporate structure whatsoever. There's no wonder it's taking time to get stuff nailed down. 

The problem is unfortunately is that they were caught out with the speed of things. They either were not expecting the takeover to be given the green light full stop, or were not expecting anything to proceed until January at the earliest and most probably next Summer.  

I think the most important appointment, that will probably shape the way the club grows the next decade, is going to be who they pick for CEO. That appointment will run everything from the business to the football side. These things take time of course but I'm looking forward to seeing some news about their search in the near future. I wonder if they will go for a Saudi, or something with close links to PIF, like City did with Khaldoon.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s not exactly a quick job. 

They took the club over on October 7th like. You'd think, given the importance of January that a DOF/Technical director would be priority.  I mean there's been no appointments (other than the manager, which if reports are to be believed especially, wasnt particularly smooth) at all.

Maybe it's teething problems, maybe I shouldn't be concerned at all but you'd hope they'll have a decent plan and are all set to go as soon as that window opens. Can't see how at least one senior appointment wouldn't be part of that. If that's the case they're leaving it late imo.

14 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

They took the club over on October 7th like. You'd think, given the importance of January that a DOF/Technical director would be priority.  I mean there's been no appointments (other than the manager, which if reports are to be believed especially, wasnt particularly smooth) at all.

Maybe it's teething problems, maybe I shouldn't be concerned at all but you'd hope they'll have a decent plan and are all set to go as soon as that window opens. Can't see how at least one senior appointment wouldn't be part of that. If that's the case they're leaving it late imo.

What exactly has given you the indication they're leaving it late? The January window closing in? That should not be the key motivator for hiring our executive staff. 

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

What exactly has given you the indication they're leaving it late? The January window closing in? That should not be the key motivator for hiring our executive staff. 

Well that is it, yeah. Especially considering that we seem to be hurtling towards relegation. However I do recognise that these appointments shouldnt be rushed. I just hope they're not rushing due to careful consideration and a clear vision amongst the controlling parties as opposed to incompetence or lack of know how. :dontknow:

In terms of finding players I think even if they came in now January wouldn't be enough time for a DOF to make a massive difference but a bit concerning maybe about who is going to be doing the negotiating in January if nobody does come in

41 minutes ago, Doctor Zaius said:

Well that is it, yeah. Especially considering that we seem to be hurtling towards relegation. However I do recognise that these appointments shouldnt be rushed. I just hope they're not rushing due to careful consideration and a clear vision amongst the controlling parties as opposed to incompetence or lack of know how. :dontknow:

Imagine we have enough contribution through Staveley's advisors, PIF, the Reuben's to guide us through until they're comfortable leaving an executive branch in place to run the day to day. 

We're all so conditioned to expect the worst from King Tat and his threadbare operation of our club the past 14 years.