Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

I think the ideal scenario is to let Eddie Howe take the major role in the January transfer window and pick the players he wants to help him avoid relegation. Shortly before the end of the season, a new DoF comes and start planning for the summer and beyond.

15 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Michael edwards isn’t available till the summer, I think he may be the top target.

I think this is the most likely scenario, it wouldn't surprise me if he's suggesting ideas now.

10 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

It's class that these guys are aware of what is being said. No nonsense rebuttal to bullshit.

Clearly Emelano is on a PR exercise.

Hopefully we have someone better lined up.

tbh its not who we want if he goes running to the press every time things aren't going his way. I think the new board are starting to realise this isn't the best way of doing things (they've done it in the past and have been stung each time) and want someone in with a supreme aura of confidence & professionalism.

You can also count him out going forward from our side. That's a huge public rebuttal from our side clearly saying we're not interested.

Edited by Dokko

wonder if the process is progressing and they have let Michael E know he is out of the running and so he puts out a story with Matt L?

Looks like our owners have got savvy very quickly about how the football press work after the Emery experience.  Leaks have also stopped.   Charnley likely the source, hence his quick removal after Howe was appointed.

Need to get it sorted though, if were relying on it for Jan.

Really need to start hearing deals all but done in the next few weeks for players coming in, can't afford to waste one game and countdown to the deadline.

Edited by Wolfcastle

The Emenalo noise always felt identical to Fonseca. If they wanted Emenalo he would have already been in. Imo.

The Mehrdad tweet seems like he is confirming Emelano is out of the running and snapping back at any PR spin he turned it down.

I can understand whispers about clear vision, if they aren't just press mischief making. The vision is success and restructuring the entire club in the best way to get there, but they aren't football people. They have been very open with looking at every level and taking time with finding the right people. The practical pathway is going to come from the footballing experts they hire.

It's a bit damned if they do damned if they don't. They have said they want to learn from previous takeovers and owner mistakes. We all wish they could get these positions sorted but I trust the time being taken is neccesary to explore all avenues to pick the best fit altogether at the club. Quarters of the press are going to be finding any way to undermine at every avenue regardless.

53 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

Why didn't Law mention this in his original piece 

Its really good for your credibility as a journalist if you write a story, get called out on it, and then change the details of said story. 

Not really bothered about the likes of Emery and Emenalo not finding their way here. This is going to be a special club to be at over the next few years, when the chance comes along you better grab it with both hands, otherwise get a big L tattoo on your forehead to signify Loser. 

I’m happier for them to take their time over this than they were apparently in appointing a manager as having the manager in place already is the most important person at the club to have and always should be. I’d let Howe draw up a list of potential players come January without a DOF in place if need be and hope the new owners have enough business savvy if not football savvy to get some of them in, I’m sure Howe and his people can multi-task on that front too…