Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

Suppose it would make sense that any gardening leave would line up for him to officially start his role at the end of the season? Even if that's the case, you'd figure some unofficial prep will already be well under way by then.

Seems to be well rated so fingers crossed.

Just now, Gaztoon said:

Could newcastle buy him out this? 

Unlikely Brighton would agree to that, or that would have been included in their statement. The time period (probably 6 months) pretects them from IP being taken and targets they might have lined up.  I would have thought he will join in the summer.

That said, they could have agreed a non-compete but that would be hard to track/enforce.

"He will continue to report to deputy chairman and chief executive Paul Barber for any duties required during his notice period but, as is standard procedure with such occurrences, he will not be expected to attend the club’s premises or matches after his handover is completed later this week."

That Brighton statement did say the above fwiw.

On 31/01/2022 at 00:02, UTASeagull said:

It would be a massive loss for our club and a phenomenal signing for you. He is considered the best in the country at what he does, and has been personally involved in all our recent successful signings, including Lamptey. He has an outstanding knowledge of club's academies and has put together a leading international scouting network, which is seeing us pick up several "wonderkids" from South America and beyond for relative pennies. We are competing with some of the biggest clubs in the world for signatures, which is mental as a Brighton fan.

Tony Bloom, our chairman and lifelong supporter is the money man. His CEO Paul Barber does the commercial stuff. Everything football is Ashworth. 

He is absolutely irreplaceable and would be the best possible signing you could make. Pay whatever it costs. That said, I really, really don't want to lose him. 

I wouldn't worry about you losing him or anyone else at your club at this stage. The groundwork has been already well laid at your club.

I was reading that you have an ethos where you don't stand in anyone's way when they choose to leave because your whole framework is based on not just having great people in place but having the next man in line already in house and right behind them ready to step in and continue the work, already well versed and familiar with everything.

Think you guys are going to be around doing great things for a long time to come. 

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

He's going to be involved fairly soon, you would think. LOTS of preparation to do before the Summer.

Yep, those wheelie bin ice baths aren't going to clean themselves.

Edited by localshop

Really happy with this impending appointment. We haven't been a normal club for so long so others might thing it's an odd reaction but it's class to see us being ran like a proper club

I know some people wanted this to happen back in October but if the owners identified Ashworth as the key man and it meant waiting a few months then I'm glad they did that.

Decisions such as this as well as the CEO are to build a platform for this club to benefit us for decades so it's better to take your time and get right than to panic and balls it up.