Backroom & executive staff

SweMag

30 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Like a proper spoiled git, I'll be disappointed if the owners' plan to sell young players on for profit. Gives me shivers down the spine hearing that phrase again.

I imagine we'd not be in a place where we'd have to sell if we didn't want to. But if we did there would be talent planned/in the wings instead of Charnley's frantic Gumtree search for a secondhand striker on deadline day.

Just getting to a point where we could reliably scout talent will be a task for anyone coming in. Nevermind getting the staff and facilities to actually develop and improve them afterwards.

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Have zero knowledge of Marwood, if he was appointed do people think that would be alongside a sporting director?

I think so, seems more like a CEO type. He's in charge of all of City Football Group, so not just Man City, which seems telling.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

Nowt wrong with selling for profit if you’re shrewd and know when to do it, for example shifting players who on their day are excellent and attract attention but also struggle to stay fit.

Ferguson was great at re-inventing the team by moving on players on the decline and bringing in new blood. Kept everyone hungary (insert Bruce joke here).

11 minutes ago, morpeth mag said:

Ferguson was great at re-inventing the team by moving on players on the decline and bringing in new blood. Kept everyone hungary (insert Bruce joke here).

Exactly. And if you can rinse clubs a level below you in the process, which we’ve been victim of many a time, even better.

Edited by WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Overmars Ajax XI?  

Marco Bizot

Sven Botman      Jurrien Timber     Matthijs de Ligt

Noussair Mazraoui                                                                 Sergiño Dest

Frenkie de Jong     Ryan Gravenberch    Donny van de Beek

Donyell Malen

Kasper Dolberg

Subs: Noa Lang, Justin Kluivert, Mitchel Bakker, Steven Bergwijn, Davy Klaassen, Pablo Rosario