The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

1 minute ago, UncleBingo said:

You started off accusing people of having predispositions, telling them to fuck off if they didn't like it, accused me of lecturing to people when I asked a question and now are accusing people of showing faux indignation. 

Tells me everything I need to know in all honesty.

It was a generalisation of a theme, no need to personalise it whatever your agenda is 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

for the most part it’s been a reasonable conversation with lots of thoughts and emotions on show. Only time it’s been let down is when you’ve posted. No one is even denying you yours, you’re just spouting off looking for a fight. Let this thread do it’s thing and keep all the politics here and out of the others. If it’s too much for you don’t come in and your life will be so much better with you being able to support the club unchallenged. I think that’s fair enough before you have a go. That’s what you want then so be it. 

sorry no, im not looking for a fight

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

5 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

My point is there is zero anyone can do about it, further to that (& please don't judge me ) I simply don't care who owns my club, if in anyones opinion im wrong in that then that's fine, I wont attack you or anyone else for your thoughts or beliefs so kindly allow me mine.

:lol: ye what? Cheeky fucker.

Just now, Tiresias said:

I am fine with you not caring, honestly, you're the one arguing with us who do have a few reservations

Fair does, I aint looking or want an argument, if im wrong airing my views & it offends anyone then clearly I apologise, that's not what im about at all 

1 minute ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

My point is there is zero anyone can do about it, further to that (& please don't judge me ) I simply don't care who owns my club, if in anyones opinion im wrong in that then that's fine, I wont attack you or anyone else for your thoughts or beliefs so kindly allow me mine.

I don't see anyone here doing that. I mean if you stand up and say "I actively support killing homosexuals," you're rightly going to be shouted down. But nobody here's saying you're doing that. I can't see why you'd give a shit if other supporters want to make it clear that their continued support of the club doesn't mean they're co-signing everything the KSA does.

I do think the last thing we need as fans is to be at each other and divided. We’ve had some many years of it. It would be nice to have a break from it and give ourselves time to get over it all.

4 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Fair does, I aint looking or want an argument, if im wrong airing my views & it offends anyone then clearly I apologise, that's not what im about at all 

You're more than allowed your views. You're welcome to talk about stuff in this thread even if you're not at all uncomfortable with the new owners, and just want to talk to people about it who may have varying levels of discomfort. Shouting at people who are expressing their opinions about faux indignation and nit picking at general conversation then yeah you'll offend them. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

6 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

Fair enough, happy to leave it there.

7 minutes ago, RUHRLYASLEEVESUP said:

No worries mate, emotions running high, its just arguments makes us seem poles apart when I am so excited for this takeover, just there are complications for me :)

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You're more than allowed your views. You're welcome to talk about stuff in this thread even if you're not at all uncomfortable with the new owners, and just want to talk to people about it who may have varying levels of discomfort. Shouting at people who are expressing their opinions about faux indignation and nit picking at general conversation then yeah you'll offend them. 

Just now, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Fair does, perhaps I may of been a little pointed, I didn't think I was shouting at people & at no point did I want to offend anyone, I may be brusque & uncouth but ive not set out to attack or call out anyone, if anyone does feel that way then I unreservedly apologise, that's not my bag at all

15 hours ago, Tomato Deuce said:

:lol: he was sniffing around the Bills a few years back. I’d have yeeted myself off a cliff Yao-meme style.

:lol: Would have been awkward as fuck storming the capital as a thank you for Josh Allen.

I'm concerned we're not going to see anything like this again, because of fan backlash at something that could annoy our owners.  If we don't ever have another similar display people will understandably think the Saudis have successfully sportwashed us into shutting up about prejudice, if Wor Flags or others suggest something similar in the near future then I'm sure fans will accuse them of just doing it to stir the pot and side with the takeover's detractors in the media.  One thing is for sure, anything like this would be edited out of coverage over there.

WZM1Iqs.jpeg

1 hour ago, BlueStar said:

That ending line is absolutely awful. He's just said it's not complicated but then only asked half the question. No, I don't like murder or torture... but what now?

This is apparently an assault on football, everyone's problem, but nobody seems willing to do 'something' about it. Outraged fans are only bothered enough to spam some tweets out calling us bastards. Where are their protests? Where is their action? Nobody seems to have answers but the expectation is on us to deal with it.

Doesn't he have ties to the area too? Fairly shocking, if so.