The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

2 minutes ago, Happinesstan said:

Depends what you mean by taking part. I mean you could just ask me.

Going to the games? Buying shirts? Or just generally supporting the team on forums, that sort of thing?

1 minute ago, STM said:

Going to the games? Buying shirts? Or just generally supporting the team on forums, that sort of thing?

I 'm not sure how contributing to a forum where free speech is encouraged can be defined as supporting them, but other than that your assumption would be correct.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

I 'm not sure how contributing to a forum where free speech is encouraged can be defined as supporting them, but other than that your assumption would be correct.

Do you support NUFC?

Just now, STM said:

[emoji38] same as every fucker else then. No better, no worse. Apart from being an incredibly virtuous guy obviously.

Have you been paying attention to the conversation? It's got fuck all to do with virtue, it's about being happy with the decisions I take. It's entirely selfish.

1 minute ago, Happinesstan said:

If you are just going to continue ignoring my answers and carry on regardless, then there is no point in continuing.

Cool. Will see you in a footballing thread, talking tactics about the murderous regime I'm supporting.

Other things people should walk away from for moral reasons:

Visiting the United States

Taking drugs

Using facebook

The Catholic Church

Islam

All religion

Betting companies

Using fossil fuels in cars

Eating meat

The list could go on

i mean i'm not sure about that, seems to me they've made a number of protests and displays against issues in football but unless palace have actually had some of the saudi money then surely it's not relevant to them (they may have i've not idea)?  all billionaire owners will be up their eyes in dodgy finance but they seem to be specifically focused on football which i think is fair enough

Fair point and while I’m sure most of those fanbases would be delighted with the Saudi’s i’m not quite sure a few Twitter accounts can be represented as entire fanbeses. Where as with us there are actual poles from NUST that show over 90% wanted the takeover.

On 24/10/2021 at 13:57, KaKa said:

Forget them even jumping on the opportunity.

They wake up one day and their current owner has just sold the club to the Saudis.

They had no say, they cannot stop it, and now they are a Saudi owned club. What do they do then? Are they insinuating that they stop supporting the club they have always supported because of the new ownership?

Well, as we seen with us, I guess a lot of them would be on twitter trying to find a way to explain why it's actually good to be owned by Saudi-Arabia, and that Saudi-Arabia isn't really that bad of a state anyway. Oh and they would also be pointing out that Saudi-Arabia also has a small ownership in several other companies as well, so it's all just hypocrisy and envy from other fans.

15 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Where as with us there are actual poles from NUST that show over 90% wanted the takeover

Very true.

Mind I'm sure I would have voted for whatever was put against mike Ashley's ownership at the time such was the apathy.