The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

3 hours ago, Khalidao said:

As far as I know, Hatice Cengiz is not Jamal's wife. She claim that she's his fiancee and there are no official documents proving that. Either way, fact is, she's a Turkish supporter/lobbyist for Erdogan and the justice and development party. Erdogan has clearly capitalized on her friendship with Jamal after his death to target MBS.

What was/is still reported in the media is one side of the story published by Qatar's Al Jazeera network and its many subsidiaries in Europe and the US (including Middle East Eye based in London). Reading these stories, you have to factor the enmity between Qatar and Saudi, Erdogan and MBS.

I'm not condoning what happened to Jamal, but Hatice Cengiz should not be involved way more than his actual family.

Who gives a shit what her relationship with him was. Guy was chopped to pieces in an embassy. Should anyone really care who the person wanting to keep this in the spotlight for good is?

54 minutes ago, Abacus said:

Aren't McLaren owned by Bahrain?

I don't really know why any of it is either here nor there mind, as I don't see any of it as being my problem in the first place [emoji38]

One of the major shareholders of Mclaren is PIF, £550M investment.

https://news.sky.com/story/saudi-state-fund-buys-mclaren-stake-in-550m-deal-12356905

Edited by relámpago blanco

11 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Who gives a shit what her relationship with him was. Guy was chopped to pieces in an embassy. Should anyone really care who the person wanting to keep this in the spotlight for good is?

I heard they were on a break.

2 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Fair enough. I guess this weirdly-looking Turkish woman who definitely doesn't want spotlight deserves to know who killed her "friend"... Oh wait, the perpetrators are already in jail serving life sentences and Jamal's actual family has welcomed the verdict.

34 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

Fair enough. I guess this weirdly-looking Turkish woman who definitely doesn't want spotlight deserves to know who killed her "friend"... Oh wait, the perpetrators are already in jail serving life sentences and Jamal's actual family has welcomed the verdict.

:lol: Ok buddy. Whatever you say bot.

59 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Why was he even in an embassy of a country he knew was out to get him?

Whole khashoggi situation has never sat right for me. Feels like we're missing a huge chunk of information of what actually happened and where Hatice comes in to this. 

I do find it quite amusing that someone can see a picture of Prince Andrew next to a teenager and believe he's been involved in a global peedo network yet people will look at a picture of khashoggi next to Bin Laden with an AK47 and say he was just a journalist. This is a man who led multiple lives, had a wife in KSA, one in US and a fiancée in Turkey and told lies to everyone around him.

Also makes me think that the only way he'd go in to the embassy was for love and obviously the man has a reputation for falling for women left, right and centre so seems an easy target to honey-trap. How do we get him to the embassy, he'd never set foot in there. Well what if he falls in love and needs a divorce? 

I trust absolutely nothing about him, his situation and of course the 3 month fling who has thrusted herself in to the spotlight sponsored by Qatar. Whole thing is fishy as fuck and its sad its now associated with our club when in all honesty the big issue is the very much innocent civilians in Yemen dying at the hands of several states and their proxy war. Doesn't seem to get a look in, probably because they use UK made weapons to kill them with.

2 hours ago, Stifler said:

I wish people would just ignore it.

Those questions aren’t going to stop, at least not for a long time and you are never going to be able to win the argument. Just ignore it. You have people like that Keith lad on Twitter making 20 tweets a day pointing the finger elsewhere and trying to deflect blame.

It’s not our job to do that, we are football fans, not Human rights activists or politicians.

If anyone still has any doubts that sportswashing exists as a concept, I'd point you in the direction of that doylem and a creepy video he did a couple of weeks ago. Horrific stuff.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Whole khashoggi situation has never sat right for me. Feels like we're missing a huge chunk of information of what actually happened and where Hatice comes in to this. 

I do find it quite amusing that someone can see a picture of Prince Andrew next to a teenager and believe he's been involved in a global peedo network yet people will look at a picture of khashoggi next to Bin Laden with an AK47 and say he was just a journalist. This is a man who led multiple lives, had a wife in KSA, one in US and a fiancée in Turkey and told lies to everyone around him.

Also makes me think that the only way he'd go in to the embassy was for love and obviously the man has a reputation for falling for women left, right and centre so seems an easy target to honey-trap. How do we get him to the embassy, he'd never set foot in there. Well what if he falls in love and needs a divorce? 

I trust absolutely nothing about him, his situation and of course the 3 month fling who has thrusted herself in to the spotlight sponsored by Qatar. Whole thing is fishy as fuck and its sad its now associated with our club when in all honesty the big issue is the very much innocent civilians in Yemen dying at the hands of several states and their proxy war. Doesn't seem to get a look in, probably because they use UK made weapons to kill them with.

Being a bit of a suspected sleaze and philanderer and having photos taken with bin laden whilst he was part of the mujadeen bankrolled by the US and it’s allies fighting the USSR doesn’t warrant him being butchered. biggest issue is in Yemen with civilian mass killing yes but both these things are being carried out by Saudi - neither cancelling out the other.

20 minutes ago, Darth Crooks said:

Being a bit of a suspected sleaze and philanderer and having photos taken with bin laden whilst he was part of the mujadeen bankrolled by the US and it’s allies fighting the USSR doesn’t warrant him being butchered. biggest issue is in Yemen with civilian mass killing yes but both these things are being carried out by Saudi - neither cancelling out the other.

If you lie with dogs expect to wake up with fleas. His public character is not what it seems, while his private one is ropy at best. Yet its the hidden one which got him killed and we know nothing about it. It's why I cannot trust he was just a journalist, too much evidence for me at least to say otherwise. Did he deserve to die? No, and certainly not in the manner. I think that does make it more unsettling, probably not as unsettling as slowly dying from radiation or poisoning like other states who classed specific individuals terrorists but still, they aren't linked to NUFC.  

KSA & Co are quite happy to bomb Yemen for simple points scoring. How far will both sides go to politically attack each other and discredit, get one up or destroy a pawn in their murderous game? 

Edited by Dokko

1 hour ago, Kasper said:

:lol: Ok buddy. Whatever you say bot.

Oh bot... of course lol

That's the way to run away from a topic you absolutely know nothing about. I advise you to go educate yourself on Middle East politics the gulf region before commenting.

2 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

Oh bot... of course lol

That's the way to run away from a topic you absolutely know nothing about. I advise you to go educate yourself on Middle East politics the gulf region before commenting.

Just go away now.

1 minute ago, Khalidao said:

Oh bot... of course lol

Point is though, we shouldn't have too. We're just football fans wanting to support our club again yet we have to face the reality of the situation and its not simple. Football should be, it should be as simple as supporting the club you love without question or shame. That's not something we're able to do freely. 

33 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Now that's someone who actually spent some time researching.

If I may add, Hatice Cengiz who claim to be Jamal's fiancee has only ONE photo with Jamal in a public park. I guess a random Newcastle fan could take one photo with Amanda Stavely and then claim to be her fiancee. It's enough evidence.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Point is though, we shouldn't have too. We're just football fans wanting to support our club again yet we have to face the reality of the situation and its not simple. Football should be, it should be as simple as supporting the club you love without question or shame. That's not something we're able to do freely. 

Agreed we should all stick to football. Otherwise, just go and do your research before commenting on such topics. It's a free forum and I came here to talk football, but it pains me to see people blindly go along with the Turkish and Qatari narrative and then call anyone who has a different insight a "bot".

19 minutes ago, Dokko said:

If you lie with dogs expect to wake up with fleas. His public character is not what it seems, while his private one is ropy at best. Yet its the hidden one which got him killed and we know nothing about it. It's why I cannot trust he was just a journalist, too much evidence for me at least to say otherwise. Did he deserve to die? No, and certainly not in the manner. I think that does make it more unsettling, probably not as unsettling as slowly dying from radiation or poisoning like other states who classed specific individuals terrorists but still, they aren't linked to NUFC.  

KSA & Co are quite happy to bomb Yemen for simple points scoring. How far will both sides go to politically attack each other and discredit, get one up or destroy a pawn in their murderous game? 

What evidence is that then? The bin laden photo isn’t the smoking gun some portray it as given the historical context. Just seems like a lot of conjecture whereas it seems more or less accepted fact he was butchered at the behest of MBS. Whether or not the evidence is there for what is said - fact remains he was dismembered ffs. Fucking dismembered.

14 minutes ago, Khalidao said:

Oh bot... of course lol

The bloke got chopped up mate. I feel fairly confident in my belief of that being unacceptable, regardless of whether or not I have your vast array of political knowledge. 

15 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

Well they are definitely getting their sports washing from a couple of posters over the last half a dozen pages or so. Pretty disappointing stuff. 

I don’t think it’s sports washing, those posters are probably just thick and held these weird beliefs way before.

They’ve just never had a platform to air them.