The "delighted Ashley has gone, but uncomfortable with Saudi ownership" thread

UncleBingo

13 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Oh wow, that’s absolutely fucking disgraceful, wow, I’m shocked, what a cunt. Seriously this does us no favours, I’m absolutely flabbergasted… Hillsborough is one of - if not the biggest - miscarriages of justice in English criminal case law period! The Mag needs deleted, such an awful bog paper shit rag of a shit show. 

Edited by HTT II

1 minute ago, Collage said:

They’ve changed it now (deleted the stuff about Hillsborough)

Cowardly cunts, they shouldn’t have published it in the first place, how anyone reads/find The Mag respectable is beyond me, I wouldn’t wipe my arse with that shite!

14 minutes ago, Joey Linton said:

All about getting clicks. 

Since The Mag went online the criteria for getting published seems to be "doea it have words in."

Shame because when it was in print it was the best fanzine by far.

As for the Palace banner, the mask slips in the accompanying statement referencing "deluded geordies." It's not motivated by moral outrage, more the desire to score a few hundred "virtue points" before they all get in their Saudi-funded ubers and go home. Not worth getting too riled by.

1 minute ago, Rafalove said:

What did it say?

Screenshots on RTG who are gleefully spreading the article.

It compares the press treatment of Liverpool fans to our recent coverage. Unbelievably crass and just wrong.

7 hours ago, Smal said:

So to any away match goers, did Palace have charity or donation boxes on all turnstiles on the way in and out in support of amnesty international?  Surely if you go to those lengths, you'd back your protest up with support? 

Bet they didn't......

Edited by mighty__mag
I can't spell bet

Guest neesy111
33 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

So to any away match goers, did Palace have charity or donation boxes on all turnstiles on the way in and out in support of amnesty international?  Surely if you go to those lengths, you'd back your protest up with support? 

Bet they didn't......

The fans showed that banner not the club.

34 minutes ago, mighty__mag said:

Bet they didn't......

So they can't show their opposition to the takeover or the Saudi Arabian regime without collecting money for Amnesty International? How does that work?

5 minutes ago, Rompe said:

So they can't show their opposition to the takeover or the Saudi Arabian regime without collecting money for Amnesty International? How does that work?

They can, but they can also practice what they preach, It would surprise me if half these people who put that effort in to making these banners in protest,even put a pound in a charity or donation for the same cause.

Just makes me think it's about the football, the envy, and fuck all to do with human rights.

The club allowed that to be held up, Do you not have to run it by the club to bring in banners?, so likely they will have known. Did they contact stewards to ask for it to be taken down? 

The right thing to do would have been what I suggested, a collection for human rights in all turnstiles would have had a stronger message.

Just now, Rompe said:

You can show opposition towards this takeover and the Saudi-Arabian government without donating to Amnesty.

Would have been more fitting to do something for the cause, than put a day or so effort into producing that banner. The few behind it could have even stood with buckets asking for donations. 

Instead it just looks like an attack on our fanbase, from another fanbase.

Dunno if this is whataboutery, but is protesting or holding banners up at Premier League matches v Newcastle United for the good of Saudi Arabian human rights not similar to Insulate Britain inconveniencing everyday people in their protest against climate change? Are they not focusing on the wrong people here, like Insulate Britain? And should be protesting at Premier League HQ, Downing Street or Westminster? Instead of indirectly antagonising Newcastle United supporters? I dunno.

I do find it funny though when people are saying we 'sold our soul'. Mate, Mike Ashley ripped that out years ago. :lol:

Guest neesy111
6 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Dunno if this is whataboutery, but is protesting or holding banners up at Premier League matches v Newcastle United for the good of Saudi Arabian human rights not similar to Insulate Britain inconveniencing everyday people in their protest against climate change? Are they not focusing on the wrong people here, like Insulate Britain? And should be protesting at Premier League HQ, Downing Street or Westminster? Instead of indirectly antagonising Newcastle United supporters? I dunno.

I do find it funny though when people are saying we 'sold our soul'. Mate, Mike Ashley ripped that out years ago. :lol:

This is bollocks about insulate Britain if you read up on them.