Jump to content

Energy prices


Dr.Spaceman
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Stifler said:

Just checked out Octopuses tariffs compared to the British Gas tariff we are on and I’m not sure it’s worth switching.

 

Worth moving to Octopus for the customer service alone. We fell into them when bulb went bust, and even her the penny pincher she is, who changes every year, said if its not a massive difference then she'll not move.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Anybody turned their electrical items off tonight?

 

From 5-6 we did. Just turbo trained in the dark watching Dahmer. Everything off bar the freezers & wifi, the very essentials. This is through Octopus though. We do their saving hours, which have given us back more credit than the hassle. In fact the bairn loves it cosying in the dark, candles on and ipad (just make sure your devices are charged beforehand) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Dokko said:

 

Worth moving to Octopus for the customer service alone. We fell into them when bulb went bust, and even her the penny pincher she is, who changes every year, said if its not a massive difference then she'll not move.


Current tariff is:

Electricity:

Standing Charge: 54.96p

Unit: 30.85p

 

Gas:

Standing charge: 37.506p

Unit: 10.720p

 

Octopus offer:

Electricity:

Standing Charge: 48.29p

Unit: 31.87p

 

Gas:

Standing Charge: 26.84

Unit: 10.2p

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ben said:

Is this true ? 


I don’t pretend to understand all this, but does that potentially mean lower prices than before these massive increases, or is that just a pleb dream?

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mouldy_uk said:


I don’t pretend to understand all this, but does that potentially mean lower prices than before these massive increases, or is that just a pleb dream?

I have no idea but if the prices have fallen by such an amount you'd think the media would be all over it 

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ben said:

I have no idea but if the prices have fallen by such an amount you'd think the media would be all over it 

 

If you see that guy tweeting anything, take whatever numbers he uses with a large pinch of salt.

 

I have no idea if IoM utilities capped prices, so using a price cut as a comparison is meaningless, their bills could have been far higher than in the UK.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...