Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Didn't realise he actually orchestrated a 22 game unbeaten run early in his first year at Arsenal.

Sounds organised and meticulous with detail - basically exactly what we need. I was all in on Fonseca, and yes I'm probably blinded by the fact he isn't coming now, but I did touch on in an earlier post in this thread, not sure Fonseca would be a good fit *right now* due to having to basically change a team that's designed to sit deep into an attacking, possession based team.

Emery seems perfect for our current predicament and really good statement from the owners. Happy fucking days.

Only concern is how effectively he can communicate his ideas. Big part of his struggles at Arsenal were his ability to get across tactical ideas to the players, older professionals like Xhaka, Mustafi, Ozil downing tools then losing the dressing room, and a disorganised mess on the pitch come the end of his tenure. He did blood Willock, Smith Rowe and Saka though...

Just now, Rich said:

Just a nod of appreciation to the boy Craig Hope, who posted this back on 14th October. I think this was the first official link:

Will be good for all parties if Hope is the one with the inside line to the club. 

it’s a shame he works for the mail. 

Just now, dabe said:

Only concern is how effectively he can communicate his ideas. Big part of his struggles at Arsenal were his ability to get across tactical ideas to the players, older professionals like Xhaka, Mustafi, Ozil downing tools then losing the dressing room, and a disorganised mess on the pitch come the end of his tenure. He did blood Willock, Smith Rowe and Saka though...

I think the squad as it stands are probably absolutely craving and dying for some detail, organisation and semblance of a proper plan. Two years of "let's play" and getting slapped on the back and fired up before kickoff probably does that.

Just now, dabe said:

Got to be better than Bruce throwing the ball in the middle and saying 'let's play'  the pissing off for a kebab 

5 minutes ago, neesy111 said:

He spoke English throughout his time at arsenal.

People took the piss out of his accent with the lisp that a lot Spanish speakers get with speaking English.

The northern-Spanish accent uses the 'S' sound we have in English a lot less, and the majority of the time is pronounced how we pronounce 'th' in 'thistle' for example. The rest of Spain and the Americas tend to pronounce it the other way and is more common. That's not to say they don't use the 'S' sound, but they will almost never lead a word with that sound so it's hard for them to form the 'S' at the start of a word like 'snake' and will end up saying 'esnake'. Spinach gets interesting, I'm always asking my wife when she's cooking it why is she spying on us when making dinner when she say she's cooking espionage (spinach) :lol:

Just now, Pilko said:

I think the squad as it stands are probably absolutely craving and dying for some detail, organisation and semblance of a proper plan. Two years of "let's play" and getting slapped on the back and fired up before kickoff probably does that.

Oh for sure, it's a massive upgrade and he's a proven winner. Just hope some of our less professional elements don't have too much sway in undermining him.

Just now, The Prophet said:

Despite it meaning absolutely nothing, I look forward to the Twitter meltdown when he's in the dugout tonight and denies any knowledge of our interest.

There will be, I actually expect he will be, as his last swansong. Our fans love anything to put a negative stance on things, this after 14 years of Ashley though tbf.

2 minutes ago, Pilko said:

Shelvey disagrees :)