Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

The shit is going to continue to be thrown from all angles whatever the decision or outcomes are. Win match? Look at this. Lose? Of course they'd lose. Buy player? How dare they. Don't buy player? They don't know what they're doing.

One thing is for certain, we definitely need a DoF with Howe here. His transfer business was appalling at Bournemouth which probably contributed to their downfall.

Shocking signings that never improved them. 

Think he’s a great manager but we need to have the right people around him.

Tactically astute - yes

Adaptable - yes

Improves players - yes

Creates teams that are better than the sum of their parts (one of the most telling attributes of a good manager) - yes

Acts with dignity and diplomacy - yes

Could we have appointed someone more high profile? Yes of course.  But Howe is a monumental upgrade on Bruce in every capacity so we’re moving forward. I think he’ll surprise a few people

At this point in time, after the dust has settled from the Emery fall-out (who I don’t particularly ‘like’ anyway but have respect for his record), I’m actually quite happy if it is Howe. Been watching a few interviews and reading a few articles and it’s an obvious step-up from most of the managers over the last 14 years.

He seems like a really switched-on guy who lives and breathes football and always looks to better himself and learn more about being a manager. He is also evidently a highly articulate guy with a great football philosophy.

He’s not the big name most of us would have wanted at the start of this process but looking at it from a different point of view it seems like he really wants a project and he has loads of potential to grow with the club.

My first reaction was disappointment but after reading up on him I’ve got a better feeling about this. 100% behind him and it will be so nice just to not have our manager embarrass and belittle us in the press and on the pitch anymore. Howe actually strives for betterment through positive football as well, how about that? 

Just now, Holmesy said:

Tactically astute - yes

Adaptable - yes

Improves players - yes

Creates teams that are better than the sum of their parts (one of the most telling attributes of a good manager) - yes

Acts with dignity and diplomacy - yes

Could we have appointed someone more high profile? Yes of course.  But Howe is a monumental upgrade on Bruce in every capacity so we’re moving forward. I think he’ll surprise a few people

Pretty much how I feel 👍

Just now, Danh1 said:

Bournemouth forum, some dopey cunt saying that we won’t accept Howe because he isn’t a Geordie.

Thick fuckers still trotting this utter bull shit?

Cunts will be saying that till the end of time

1 minute ago, ManDoon said:

I also wouldn’t hold up agents and “people in football” as any arbiters of intelligence or remotely good standing. 

Quite the opposite actually :lol:

It was such a ridiculous thing to tweet, honestly.

Think it's a good sign that we're not going to be a soft touch.

1 minute ago, clintdempsey said:

At this point in time, after the dust has settled from the Emery fall-out (who I don’t particularly ‘like’ anyway but have respect for his record), I’m actually quite happy if it is Howe. Been watching a few interviews and reading a few articles and it’s an obvious step-up from most of the managers over the last 14 years.

He seems like a really switched-on guy who lives and breathes football and always looks to better himself and learn more about being a manager. He is also evidently a highly articulate guy with a great football philosophy.

He’s not the big name most of us would have wanted at the start of this process but looking at it from a different point of view it seems like he really wants a project and he has loads of potential to grow with the club.

My first reaction was disappointment but after reading up on him I’ve got a better feeling about this. 100% behind him and it will be so nice just to not have our manager embarrass and belittle us in the press and on the pitch anymore. Howe actually strives for betterment through positive football as well, how about that? 

Great post, come on everybody let's all jump aboard the Hooooooowe train!

1 minute ago, Danh1 said:

Bournemouth forum, some dopey cunt saying that we won’t accept Howe because he isn’t a Geordie.

We’d except someone from Isis if they improved us and had passion, heart and desire to play entertaining football. So misinformed 💩👉🏻 Way over there they can go. I really hope Eddie gets to feel the love ❤️ 

One thing I learned in documentaries is that sometimes seemingly stupid questions actually show a willingness to let go of certain axioms, and can open the doors in surprising and revelatory ways. I wouldn't trust many of these axioms in the fucking paleolithic ethos that many of these English football people adopt. 

Underwhelming, never got the hype around him and how in gods name the media was linking him with Arsenal Spurs etc while he was at Bournemouth but as with anyone let's see how he does. One thing of major concern in the short term is he's likes to play a possession game and our squad is incapable of that so god knows how that will work 

4 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Rafa's thick Geordie accent was what did it for me. Glad he wasn't a southern or forrin

4 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

"people in football" [emoji38]

Aye like those people who thought sacking Bruce was some kind of cardinal sin 

It's such a transparent attempt to stir the pot, but at the same time he's bottled it. Give us some specifics Miguel.

Just gonna get this out of my system right now as I will be supporting him 100% until he gives me a reason to do otherwise…he sounds a LOT like Pardew. I don’t mean what he’s saying, I mean the timbre of his voice and his accent. Listen to him talk without looking at him. 

I swear, Pardew will haunt me until I’m in my grave :lol:

Just now, Vinny Green Balls said:

One thing I learned in documentaries is that sometimes seemingly stupid questions actually show a willingness to let go of certain axioms, and can open the doors in surprising and revelatory ways. I wouldn't trust many of these axioms in the fucking paleolithic ethos that many of these English football people adopt. 

Yes, thank you.

'They've been shocked by some of the questions being asked' for goodness sake ... only because they were questions they weren't used to being asked and didn't want being asked! 

I like the fact the new bunch aren't typical football people and aren't just going to accept things because that's what's done. It's ridiculous.