Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Dr Venkman said:

Just gonna get this out of my system right now as I will be supporting him 100% until he gives me a reason to do otherwise…he sounds a LOT like Pardew. I don’t mean what he’s saying, I mean the timbre of his voice and his accent. Listen to him talk without looking at him. 

I swear, Pardew will haunt me until I’m in my grave :lol:

:pardsgrin:

1 minute ago, jdckelly said:

Underwhelming, never got the hype around him and how in gods name the media was linking him with Arsenal Spurs etc while he was at Bournemouth but as with anyone let's see how he does. One thing of major concern in the short term is he's likes to play a possession game and our squad is incapable of that so god knows how that will work 

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out a few of our players are actually decent with the ball. 

Remember when Mo Diame kept it under wraps for like a year that he was actually the best midfielder in Europe?

4 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

Underwhelming, never got the hype around him and how in gods name the media was linking him with Arsenal Spurs etc while he was at Bournemouth but as with anyone let's see how he does. One thing of major concern in the short term is he's likes to play a possession game and our squad is incapable of that so god knows how that will work 

Currently incapable of it because of the work shy mess that was in charge previously.

Hope Howe gets in there and starts off with daily double sessions like Vieira has been doing at Palace.

1 hour ago, GWN said:

GIVE IT TIME FFS 

give what time ? clearly state that I will get behind the manager/board/team... just stated that his record the year Bournemouth went down was really really bad and maybe a cause for concern ? no doubt a step up from our previous manager, but 48 hours after it was thought a serial winner like emery was coming i do feel slightly underwhelmed.... do not want to come across as negative at all and sorry if I do. As I stated twice now fully 100 percent behind the manager, board and every one else involved with the football club

Edited by GavMcEl

Just now, Hanshithispantz said:

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out a few of our players are actually decent with the ball. 

Remember when Mo Diame kept it under wraps for like a year that he was actually the best midfielder in Europe?

Diame's PED era was amazing, like. 

1 minute ago, Hanshithispantz said:

:lol:

I've warmed up to Howe now after watching some interviews with him, he seems to know his stuff and is definitely more forward thinking than most English managers. Tactically astute and he seems to be as obsessed with every aspect of the game, much like Rafa is but maybe not to the same extent.

As for the Delany piece, our owners are new to the sport so they're having to learn on the run. This is why you build a team of upper management to trust to make the correct choices, they don't have to know everything they just have to make the right appointments and seem to be getting the right advice so far. I'm sure it'll not all be plain sailing but so long as they learn from their mistakes, unlike their predecessor, then we have to allow them that.

Feels like our foot has finally found the first rung on the ladder now and the only way is up, genuinely excited for the future.

Am I the only one who doubts he'll be here 2.5 years? Still, should easily keep you guys up, replacing Bruce is probably the equivalent of eating anything not rubbish after eating from a trash can for 2 years.

Edited by TopSnagger

Pre-takeover Howe was the kind of person I'd have loved us to go for, someone young, attacking, with a good football brain. We're not there yet in terms of competing for top managers and players, so tbh I'm very happy with this signing, get someone young in who can build the club and grow with it. Could end up being a match made in heaven if he makes a real success of it, and if not we can part ways ideally in a better position than we are now.

1 minute ago, LiquidAK said:

Pre-takeover Howe was the kind of person I'd have loved us to go for, someone young, attacking, with a good football brain. We're not there yet in terms of competing for top managers and players, so tbh I'm very happy with this signing, get someone young in who can build the club and grow with it. Could end up being a match made in heaven if he makes a real success of it, and if not we can part ways ideally in a better position than we are now.

Hopefully the former 👍🏻 

4 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Currently incapable of it because of the work shy mess that was in charge previously.

Hope Howe gets in there and starts off with daily double sessions like Vieira has been doing at Palace.

love the optimism but we've not been anything resembling a possession team at any point in recent history and he's either going to have to completely change the mentality of the squad very quickly or go with a style he's never used before. If there was more time than an international break to sort it out then I might be more hopeful but all Howe will have is the 2 weeks before we start going into the busiest part of the season and he'll have some players away too. If he doesn't hit the ground running and get wins we're going down 

4 weeks ago most people would have jumped at the chance for Howe to replace Bruce.

New owners or not, we are looking like we are heading for relegation, and no top manager wants to take it on.  Howe is a good as we realistically could have hoped for, still remains to be seen if it'll be enough, but i dont think Fonseca or Emery would have came in and suddenly we'd have pissed survival with the current squad.

Gives us a chance of survival.

10 minutes ago, 54 said:

Really good video this, tells you a lot about his mentality.

Excellent video, really gives you an insight into how he thinks. Really liked the bit 8 minutes in about getting the best out of the players he has. He’s going to need to do that for the next few months. 

11 minutes ago, cannybagoftudor said:

I have a good feeling about this appointment - always had a soft spot for his dad (Don) who was a very able coach - it is in his DNA - so hopefully like father like son and he will go from strength to strength and surprise us all.

In personal interviews, Eddie Howe regularly talks about growing up without a father in the house.  Don Howe's obits said that he left a wife but no mention of Eddie or any children.  Don't know what the story is there.  Coaching may be in Eddie's DNA but he didn't learn it from his dad.

17 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

love the optimism but we've not been anything resembling a possession team at any point in recent history and he's either going to have to completely change the mentality of the squad very quickly or go with a style he's never used before. If there was more time than an international break to sort it out then I might be more hopeful but all Howe will have is the 2 weeks before we start going into the busiest part of the season and he'll have some players away too. If he doesn't hit the ground running and get wins we're going down 

We're finally going to get to see if it is really such a gargantuan task to improve the way a team uses the ball, like Bruce had us all convinced it was. He never told us he was only having training 3 days a week and that he was off on holiday during international breaks though.

Having seen how much emphasis Howe places on hard work and how his training sessions emphasise using the ball well in game like situations, I'd bet we see a level of improvement good enough to see us improve and cause teams more problems. In January we will also be spending money to make improvements too, which will also be a massive boost.

I think Steve Bruce and his bunch of cronies are going to be exposed for the frauds they are, in convincing us all this team of players were completely useless and incapable of any kind of possession or attacking play.

Edited by KaKa