Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

He needs to stop listening to Jones. playing kraft is never a good idea and he only started playing when jones joined the club.  we need proper full backs playing. manquillo and Lewis. if he brings in Clark instead of Fernandez then we are in bigger trouble

Watching players in training is different from watching them in matches. I'd imagine that Howe will give every a run out at some point to see how they perform under his system until he settles on what he sees as his best team

9 hours ago, toon25 said:

This is the crux of it, really. They've been left to get on with it whilst the previous incumbent sat on his fat fucking arse and got his brain-dead lackeys to oversee a few shuttle runs and five-a-side games twice a week.

It will always remain an utter fucking travesty that that sort of incompetence was tolerated.

Exactly this. National League level coaching will inevitably lead to a drop down the divisions 

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The only thing I find weird is some of the selections. If he’s been watching and preparing for the job, you’d think he would know that people like Krafth are massive liabilities. And that Shelvey and Willock don’t have the legs for a two-man midfield. 

Early days though obviously, maybe he just believed he could improve them with coaching. Maybe he can. 

It's infuriating. By the time he cottons on that some of these players are great on the training ground, but bottlers when the pressure is on, we might be too far gone to avoid relegation. I'm sure he's no one's fool, but we can't afford more mistakes like choosing Darlow over Dubravka. If he's watched us extensively you'd think he'd have got that one right. 

That said, Jones has been here for a year and he was still picking Clark. I hope he's not having too much say because his interim spell was hardly inspiring. 

3 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

The only thing I find weird is some of the selections. If he’s been watching and preparing for the job, you’d think he would know that people like Krafth are massive liabilities. And that Shelvey and Willock don’t have the legs for a two-man midfield. 

Early days though obviously, maybe he just believed he could improve them with coaching. Maybe he can. 

Willock does. I’m nowhere near as down on him based on the last two games as others. I think his fitness and pace for a centre mid are great. But he certainly needs to learn to tackle. Not just press and then stop, or bottle it. Also seems on at tracking back and then just gives away pointless fouls. Not quite Colback levels. But still well annoying.  

I don't want or expect Eddie to go full dyche but a couple of s**thouse type players like Fernandez and Haydn who may not be the best on the ball but can put a little strength into the team wouldn't go amiss - just my opinion but maybe in Haydn's case it might create a platform for the more creative players to get on the ball.

Ultimately though if a blend of the existing players can't be cobbled together  in the defensive line we will continue to struggle.

Maybe these suspensions might prove to be a blessing as he will have to shuffle the pack and hopefully he might hit on a combo that works

20 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Fede isn't bad on the ball, far better than Lascelles. Probably smarter with it than Clark too. 

Agreed.  Clark loves the big boom to nobody in particular, clearing it off the pitch or passing it behind players and with not enough weight on it.  He's ok on the ball, I just think his passing is crap. 

23 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

He does tackle though. 

We need someone in midfield to win the ball. Jonjo doesnt so that, Willock doesn't do that. Hayden is most likely set up for that. He should be there while Shelvey does the passing. Willock does mothing right now so bench him.

6 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

We need someone in midfield to win the ball. Jonjo doesnt so that, Willock doesn't do that. Hayden is most likely set up for that. He should be there while Shelvey does the passing. Willock does mothing right now so bench him.

Tend to agree. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Hayden is soft as shit man, goes down constantly and stays down.

I get that there's a running joke about Hayden going down every game, but that's partly because he's getting in the mix in the first place. He's not a particularly good footballer, but at least you know he's playing. Right now he's the closest we've got to a combative midfielder. 

3 hours ago, TRon said:

I get that there's a running joke about Hayden going down every game, but that's partly because he's getting in the mix in the first place. He's not a particularly good footballer, but at least you know he's playing. Right now he's the closest we've got to a combative midfielder. 

He gets stuck in and he is one of the best tacklers in the squad. 

But someone that chucks his weight around and plays like more of an old fashioned enforcer type. He certainly goes down and feigns injury far too easily. Seems like he is about to be stretchered off every other week. Only to make a miraculous recovery.  

We’ll struggle to win most PL games with a midfield duo of Willock and Shelvey.

It relies on opposition midfields being completely off the boil, because not many (if any) have a lack of tenacity like us.

There’s a reason most decent midfields are built on at least one good passer/flair player and the other a combative tackler.

I believe it’s the most important part of the pitch.

Hayden should be one of the first names on the teamsheet for this reason. Not because he’s the best player in the world, but the role he fulfils is essential.

Just now, Fantail Breeze said:

We’ll struggle to win most PL games with a midfield duo of Willock and Shelvey.

It relies on opposition midfields being completely off the boil, because not many (if any) have a lack of tenacity like us.

There’s a reason most decent midfields are built on at least one good passer/flair player and the other a combative tackler.

I believe it’s the most important part of the pitch.

Hayden should be one of the first names on the teamsheet for this reason. Not because he’s the best player in the world, but the role he fulfils is essential.

Got to play 433 or 442 with Hayden in either formation. Not a massive Hayden fan, but he is the only defensive midfielder we have currently. 

18 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A lot of Hayden’s tackling is due to being out of position in the first place I’ve always felt:

I agree, I think he is bang average (unfortunately like most of our squad), but he is still the only defensive midfielder we have until January anyway.

Before you post having a wee pop at EH just remember this , with Bruce we would definitely be going down, we all knew this yes? No doubt about it , we had FCB , Charnley, the Steve’s and no hope, PIF was a million to one shot , we had Keith, Wraith, Holly and Zebras .

Now , the lot of them are GONE , the lot .

We are no worse off than we expected and would have been , now would you have taken this 2 months ago, answer yes ? If it is yes then just have a think to yourself and ask are you really a NUFC fan when you post fucking shite about EH after 2 games , let that sink in .

HWTL get behind the fuckers no mater what as we could all be stuck with the cunts in the first paragraph, in the same state. O0