Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, Shearergol said:

See this was my thought too. However I've now decided that the club is bigger than any one man. 

He's the best man for the job right now. If it goes to shit in the future so be it.

That thought doesn’t enter my mind personally. He’s a class act even if it doesn’t work out I will have all the respect in the world for him. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

We've probably got more chance of getting ten Hag than Benitez methinks.

naa, both under contract but one wants to be here and hate by the fans and  the other is loved where he is with bigger offers coming his way. 

9 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

My worry with Rafa would be failure and it to ruin everything we love about him currently.

If he gets sacked he gets sacked. If he leaves on his own accord then so be it. 

No matter which way he leaves people will complain. 

In the unlikely event he becomes available anytime soon, then get him in.

The more I think about Rafa, the more it makes sense for all parties.

Would be really exctited to see what he could do with some actually cash to spend as well, imagine there's a load of players he's kept tabs on over the years.

Get him in.

With Rafa, for me, we need don't need a DoF. The reason why Rafa should be considered for the job apart from his history with us is that he had a vision and plans for the development of the club even when he was penniless under Ashley. He basically had ideas and plans like a DoF back then.

Obviously PIF might want a real DoF and a manager running the club moving forward. We had people suggesting Ragnick to be manager now and moving DoF a week back. Could see Rafa managing both responsibilities too.

Only thing holding Rafa back is his word, his contract and family there. I don't see him lasting more than 2 seasons there but he'd have a bigger project here for a longer period.

Benitez is bottom of my list, it would really take the gloss off the takeover if he came back.  Wasn't keen on him when he was here and to turn his back on the fans that did love him and pleaded with him to stay for China/money, enough said.

1 minute ago, TorchyTBB said:

Benitez is bottom of my list, it would really take the gloss off the takeover if he came back.  Wasn't keen on him when he was here and to turn his back on the fans that did love him and pleaded with him to stay for China/money, enough said.

:tino:

2 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

Wow

3 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

:dowie:

2 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

:lol: can't believe this is actually a Newcastle fan's take. 

9 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines! WUMWUM Wum

11 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

Thats-bait-young-sir.gif

15 minutes ago, TorchyTBB said:

wedding-crashers-will-ferrell.gif

But seriously, that's a strange take mate.

I think the lack of rumours has maybe lead people to have  too much time on their hands to overthink the whole Rafa coming back thing. He'd be absolutely ideal, particularly considering the lack of any stand out alternatives. Part of why he's so respected though is because he's not someone who's going to walk away from a contract. Can only really see it happening if there's a combination of us getting desperate, Everton having a few more bad results and their fans turning, and the Everton owners being tempted by some extra FFP money to use. 

Edited by kisearch