Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

I think the bit about a presser outlining their plans would have been done if the takeover was done in the summer/pre season, however our position in the league means they have not done all of that yet.

Aye, and thats basically the cause of all of this, the sudden nature of it and in mid-season.

Think they just had to jump at it before Ashley could play silly buggers again and re-plan everything from where we are now.

2 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

When we get a manager and a director of football there will be no news until January and you lot will have to go to insane levels of depraved while you wait for the next sweet hit of information about things that might happen :lol:

TBH, I expect that we will see that we have agreed fee’s and terms with players ready to sign on January 1st between now and then 

Just switch off for a few days people.

Relax in the knowledge MA is no longer our owner and our new custodians have just fought tooth and nail for 18 months against a now obvious vendetta from all corners.

Good times will come, sure we can all be patient after that last 14 year stint we've had.

1 hour ago, Armchair Pundit said:

Was thinking that myself, I still don't think there's anything he can do at Everton that would ever endear him to their fans and now that he's had an iffy result it'll be even harder. Everton just need to be sure they can line someone up at short notice that will be good enough for their aspirations, then they could release Rafa to being bought in by us. 

A manager with 20 years of experience is available right now for Everton. He's never ran away from any job he's taken. Faces all kinds of challenges and abuse that his dead parents would have been sad hearing yet he fights them.off, literally. A man who is meticuluos at training and always rolls his sleeves up for the job at hand. He'd be perfect for Everton. Steve fucking Bruce.

Edited by nufcjb

14 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Can people stop calling Erik ten Hag "Hag" - you're missing the ten in his surname. 

*assuming I'm not worong here 

Shit, I've got a bonk on for him managing us and I thought his first name was Ten, I changed my Avatar and everything 

57 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

There's a vaccum I wasn't expecting that's causing some people a bit of anxiety. We effectively still don't know what their plans are beyond a few interviews when the takeover went through and I guess the managerial appointment is the first sign of that.

Was expecting training ground plans, stadium plans or just some presser about their plans which would sooth this situation.

but then if it was someone out of work it shouldn't take this long, certainly indicates there's no slam dunk of the unemployed managers because surely that'd be sorted by now and yet your right it would come out if we were approaching clubs.

I totally agree with your comments about an information vacuum, but if we think about it logically, it hasn't taken long at all.

The consortium have been in charge what, just over three weeks? Given how quickly the takeover was given the green light, its entirely plausible that they had no managerial plans what so ever and had to start from scratch.

Early on they had to make a decision what to do with Bruce, in an ideal world, they'd have kept him on for a few games to buy time, but the situation became so toxic they had to bin him.

Ignoring everything else, even if they're targeting unattached managers, they will have had to draw up a shortlist and sound out agents, they will have had to narrow that down based on availability. Assuming it isn't wildly different to any other interview process they will have then interviewed everyone on that shortlist. If the Fonseca reports are to believed they're interviewing everyone two to three times, to establish finances, philosophy, etc.

This is total guess work on my part, but if they're being thorough, it wouldn't even by that surprising if they narrow it down and conduct a second round of interviews with PIF, who ultimately sign it off.

If reports are to be believed, they've already interviewed Fonseca and Favre. If so they're making decent progress all things considered.

Edited by The Prophet

IMO, Fonseca is likely signed, sealed and just waiting for delivery.  If Everton put up another (semi) stinker, Rafa may get pushed out.

I also think the Board are pretty sure that we will not go down, that there will sufficient investment in January and a proper coach in place.

But think even beyond that...this deal came together very quickly and was uproarious.  Nineteen PL clubs met about it and Charnley was sent to the PL with a very clear message. We stood at a very awkward point in time.  Rumors firing fast and furious about DoFs, managers, players so the Board decide to let the dust settle a bit.  Maybe it was time to reduce some animosity and take the spotlight off NUFC.

Tell the PL you understand their concerns and then show them that your not going to shoot first and ask questions later.  Continue your searches but keep them buttoned down to the max.  Keep your names out of the headlines.  Schmooze the other clubs a bit.

And then get back to business.

Edited by Consortium of one

2 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Relax everyone, they're just taking their time. Jones has been told he's got two games, we're still well within their time frame. 

I echo this - I'm amazed how people got through 14 years of Ashley and 2 relegations but can't let brand new owners who want to win things, invest and do it properly have a few weeks to get it setup right. We just need to relax.

5 minutes ago, hakka said:

I echo this - I'm amazed how people got through 14 years of Ashley and 2 relegations but can't let brand new owners who want to win things, invest and do it properly have a few weeks to get it setup right. We just need to relax.

People have spent 14 years constantly eating shit sandwiches, hard not to expect the same flavour again 💩 

11 minutes ago, hakka said:

Agree, the key here is that they told Jones he had two games. They know this is a huge decision, they are making sure they get it right.

People have to learn to start trusting the owners, a new concept at this club I agree but just sit back and trust them. 

5 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

People have spent 14 years constantly eating shit sandwiches, hard not to expect the same flavour again 💩 

I'd be amazed if people really think we are in for another Ashley era already. 

Rafa will never go to Everton and say he wants to break contract. Now if, we approach Everton and they accept an offer, that’s different. That absolves him.

The fans may not be happy with him but am fairly sure the board are pleased enough though. Comfortably in the top half of table, close to top 4 and with loads of injuries. They can only improve.

Why would they accept an offer for him when there’s literally nobody better at that job with the constraints they have now.

42 minutes ago, mouldy_uk said:

I can understand that some of us are finding it difficult to understand, but things have completely changed for our club, they have changed by 100%.

The way I do it is every time that I think (like I have been trained to do over the lst 14 years) that we cannot do something, then I say to myself ONE word.

That word is O P P O S I T E.

For example, every time I think that something cannot happen that I want to happen to NUFC . . . I just think "opposite".

If you do that then you are pretty close to understanding what will actually happen every single time from now on. This is a new planet, in a new universe, and it HAS happened (to us . . . ) 

If it was just a manager appointment then you would ordinarily hope a decision would be close if not made already.

However a DOF role as well makes it more complicated, it's not a role we currently have so understandably it will take time. 

If we haven't announced anyone just after the Brighton game then I would be a little concerned. 

If Steve Bruce was half the manager these expert pundits would have us believe then we might have a few more points than we do, which in turn would have us relaxed knowing we have plenty time to get the right set-up in place. In reality though, we have 4 points in the league and already needing our first win asap. So I can understand some posters concerns. Saying that we have only played 9 games, leaving us with 29 left to play with the January window coming up. 

So any manager worth his salt could look at this and think 'no problem'. I think Rafa would be my first choice as he already knows most of the squad, as do they know him and I think we'd pick up points a lot quicker once Rafa got them up to speed again.

If the consortium are wanting to bring in a DOF then things are different. I don't know how Rafa would feel about that and it could be a stumbling block. Also it would make more sense to bring in the DOF first and let them make the manager choice as they'll have to work together and it would be better if they've worked together before.

It's pretty obvious that Rafa was their first choice and with him being at Everton it's thrown a spanner in the works. So it might take a bit more time than they'd have liked, but at the same time, they have to get it right first time or it just sets us back years. So we obviously will have to have a bit of patience and hope they get it right at the first attempt

6 minutes ago, Bishops Finger said:

If Steve Bruce was half the manager these expert pundits would have us believe then we might have a few more points than we do, which in turn would have us relaxed knowing we have plenty time to get the right set-up in place. In reality though, we have 4 points in the league and already needing our first win asap. So I can understand some posters concerns. Saying that we have only played 9 games, leaving us with 29 left to play with the January window coming up. 

So any manager worth his salt could look at this and think 'no problem'. I think Rafa would be my first choice as he already knows most of the squad, as do they know him and I think we'd pick up points a lot quicker once Rafa got them up to speed again.

If the consortium are wanting to bring in a DOF then things are different. I don't know how Rafa would feel about that and it could be a stumbling block. Also it would make more sense to bring in the DOF first and let them make the manager choice as they'll have to work together and it would be better if they've worked together before.

It's pretty obvious that Rafa was their first choice and with him being at Everton it's thrown a spanner in the works. So it might take a bit more time than they'd have liked, but at the same time, they have to get it right first time or it just sets us back years. So we obviously will have to have a bit of patience and hope they get it right at the first attempt

There's a very good chance that we could be in the shit by the window comes around after the brutal set of games we've got in December.