Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

PpThe more I think about it I think us buying out Rafa's contract is a situation where everyone wins. 

I think he's the safest option to come in and secure our safety for this season and progress us in the next couple of years whilst improving the whole infrastructure of the club.

He'll get a good project to work on as well as proper backing for what might be his final gig whist being worshipped here. 

Everton get a canny payout and some money they can spend in the window whilst making their fans happy. 

I don’t see why Rafa would want to come into the club again mid season with so much pressure straightaway on stopping us spiralling down. I know there’s a bigger picture here and he would be able to see that, but I just don’t see him wanting the job right now 

9 hours ago, Mr Raspberry Jam said:

So Geremi was the surprise name! 

He’s put himself forward for the DoF role, as he doesn’t have any coaching badges for the managers position. I think Ando was referring to a surprise name for the manager?

I love the way the bookies don't have a clue what's going on. Fonseca now up to 6/1. Best price for Favre is 4/1.

Whoever is running this recruitment drive is keeping it impressively watertight. 

No managers have been interviewed, we've gone from the UK's cheapest billionaire to the world's cheapest investment fund.

The reason for the complete guesswork and silence is that there's absolutely nothing to report.

Still suffering from the Ashley years here, expecting the worst. :lol:

In reality though I do think that they're taking their time. Once we get a team in place for the football side of things decisions and deals will be much quicker than this.

A super important decision that will help form the club for the future would always take time once the takeover was approved in the middle of the season.

Fingers crossed we get something really special, that the fans can get behind. 

This is moving from a thorough process to indecisiveness.

I genuinely don't understand the delay. They've been in over 3 weeks and this is THE decision they have to make!

This is what the process should be:

1) you compile your list

2) You go after your no.1 targets (DoF and Manager) and you ask if they're interested. If they are great, offer them the deal. 

3) If person above doesn't want it go to next on list and so on and so on.

All the pissing about speaking to all and sundry looks amateurish to me!

Just now, New Beginnings said:

I genuinely don't understand the delay. They've been in over 3 weeks and this is THE decision they have to make!

1) you compile your list

2) You go after your no.1 targets (DoF and Manager) and you ask if they're interested. If they are great, offer them the deal. 

You realise they have to be interviewed? Several times? And we probably have a list of around 5 or more names? Potentially double that if we’re looking at DoF also? The ‘delay’ is neither amateur or indecisive- it’s the opposite, being thorough and professional, and doing what’s correct for the club. 

Just now, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

The delay is likely due to having different tiers of targets. 

Fonseca seems to be the back up choice but other options who they feel will be a better fit are also being explored. I’d expect someone to be appointed either next week or during the international break. 

5 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

I agree it's taking time and can't buy in to this blind faith of "trust the process". Until they earn our trust, we as fans have every right to ask questions of them and their "decisions".

However, they're coming in to this blind. A DoF is a huge appointment, they will decide the football ethos of the club, how are they supposed to have a preferred candidate without numerous interviews with numerous candidates? Unfortunately it will take time. If there is no news by the time the next international break is here I'd then be asking what the hold up is.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

I suppose if the delay points to one thing it might be that they're looking at getting a medium-long term appointment in rather than a stop-gap just to keep us up.  That being the case you're probably talking a lot of discussions about plans, targets for January and budgets and whatnot so it's natural it would take time.

I'll be worried if we end up with fucking Wilder or something at the end of it all.

EDIT: may be a lot of discussions going on with other teams about approaches and such as well.

Edited by mrmojorisin75

6 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

What a nacker. 

8 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

New pair of knickers needed over here!

7 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

1) you compile your list

Get this guy on the board, I'm sure they'll offer him DOF as well once he explains how simple this actually is!

Everyone want's this done as soon as possible, this includes the new owner's! Unfortunately like it or not these things take time.

Even if there was only 2 manager's in the frame, they both would have to be interviewed a number of time's and then a proposal would need to be signed off by the owner's/board. 

It's such a key thing to get right at this point and overly complicated by the prospect of relegation.  Quite a balance as they won't want to sign a load of shite they'll need to get rid of immediately (inc. manager) but will also need to bring in players that can successfully keep us up and contribute down the line.

I'll be very disappointed if we don't hear something before Brighton personally, however, that really feels like enough time.

2 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Why does the surname ten Hag have the ten in lower case?

The dutch have some great names - anyone remember Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink? and the back of his shirt?? [emoji38]

Prefixes and their meanings

The most common prefixes are:

de – the

van – from

van de, van der, van den – from the

te, ter, ten – on

didn't know this