Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, New Beginnings said:

Youre all entitled to your opinion

When Chelsea batter us at the weekend, I reckon a few more will tune in to my thought process.

Just you wait!

I guess it depends on the outcome of the manager search. If they take all this time and end up with howe or lampard then questions should be asked 

if they are holding out for a ten Hag or Rafa then it will probably be worth the wait.  

3 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

When Chelsea batter us at the weekend, I reckon a few more will tune in to my thought process.

Just you wait!

I’m off to support the mackems anyway personally since we haven’t hired a new manager yet, new beginnings for me.

I don't think it's wrong to be a bit impatient given how bleak we look at the moment. But I have faith they'll get it right soon. 

Also thing it's interesting that they're clearly going for quite a big manager immediately, rather than just someone who can keep us up and be replaced. 

4 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Just you wait!

We could have Pep in the dugout, we're still getting battered by Chelsea. It's a formality, so it makes no difference if we have a new manager in place now or afterwards

6 minutes ago, New Beginnings said:

Just you wait!

Boy, talk about getting your panties in a twist 

Of course it can be a bit frustrating waiting for this.

But I have faith that they do what they think is right and will get a set-up in that will take us forward.

As for this weekend's game, anything other than a defeat is a bonus due to how our team looks and how mismanaged we've been for such a long time. A new manager wouldn't change that IMO.

Would definitely be for the best to have the new man in place before Brighton and the international break though.

Guest reefatoon

I’m glad they are taking their time and making sure the manager is the perfect choice for what we need and where we want to go. Saying that though, I am a little flummoxed at no DoF being in place yet. They have had 18 months to have people they think they would like to see in that role. I thought that position (if they are going down that route) would have been straight in and ready to go, so really surprised at how long and slow it is taking to get that vital cog.

Edited by reefatoon

Guest dazzanufc1892
2 hours ago, New Beginnings said:

This is moving from a thorough process to indecisiveness.

I genuinely don't understand the delay. They've been in over 3 weeks and this is THE decision they have to make!

This is what the process should be:

1) you compile your list

2) You go after your no.1 targets (DoF and Manager) and you ask if they're interested. If they are great, offer them the deal. 

3) If person above doesn't want it go to next on list and so on and so on.

All the pissing about speaking to all and sundry looks amateurish to me!

Yeah, that isnt how it works. At all. Unless you're inside the game or have been, you will never understand it.

5 minutes ago, kisearch said:

I didn't think there'd be a new manager or DoF announced this week or anything, but the lack of even one or two tenuous links this week has been quite surprising, it's been completely dead. 

It's great stuff.

Chelsea is a write-off anyway but you'd hope the structure will start to take shape pretty sharpish soon after that; we can't just go on and on without a manager

Brighton, Brentford, Arsenal, Norwich, Burnley to come before of an absolutely vile set of Christmas fixtures, so November/early December is huge. 

They are either being professional or indecisive. We are all impatient for a big name but don’t mind waiting as long as it isn’t Lampard et al. 

I’m sure it will work out. Courage mon Brave. 

Apparently they are working with people that are in advisory roles at the minute.

I think once they gave Jones both the Palace and Chelsea games it was an indication this week would be a quiet one. 

If next week follows suit in the same way then that would be somewhat concerning.

Now Bruce has been sacked I’m totally calm about all this. I know they are trying to get the best person for the job, not the cheapest. That’s massive but will take some time whilst they find their feet. We know how important a manger is to a club and this next appointment is as big as it gets for a club on its knees. 

1 minute ago, Dokko said:

Now Bruce has been sacked I’m totally calm about all this. I know they are trying to get the best person for the job, not the cheapest. That’s massive but will take some time whilst they find their feet. We know how important a manger is to a club and this next appointment is as big as it gets for a club on its knees. 

I’m in exactly the same place. As soon as Bruce was removed I’m happy for them to make sure they’ve got the right structure in place and get the right man for the job. 

Assuming it doesn’t go too far past the Chelsea game I’m pretty calm about it. 

4 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Absolutely. Would be even more appreciated if they get in some one really decent. Can you even imagine if they had insisted on keeping Bruce during the whole time until they found a replacement though. This place would have been wild :lol: