Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

https://themastermindsite.com/2020/11/14/unai-emery-villarreal-tactical-analysis/

Interesting how I'm seeing a lot of people describe Emery as a defensive coach similar to Rafa but this article talks about how

"Emery likes to play out from the back, Villarreal are also quite good at keeping the ball in the opposition half and dominating possession once there. They’ve kept 57% of the possession so far this season (4th best in the league) and their possession and positional statistics are very balanced between the three thirds of the field."

Imagine playing football with the ball, crazy times.

Seen some people on Twitter criticizing Villarreal's league form but they've only lost 3 games out of 11 this season. If anything he'll make us a tough side to beat, which is what we need right now.

Chuffed with this if it's confirmed before the weekend.

Guest reefatoon
Just now, Ben said:

Imagine playing football with the ball, crazy times.

what is this witchcraft you speak of? We haven't done that for years. Thought it was just the norm to have 30% possession

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

https://themastermindsite.com/2020/11/14/unai-emery-villarreal-tactical-analysis/

Interesting how I'm seeing a lot of people describe Emery as a defensive coach similar to Rafa but this article talks about how

"Emery likes to play out from the back, Villarreal are also quite good at keeping the ball in the opposition half and dominating possession once there. They’ve kept 57% of the possession so far this season (4th best in the league) and their possession and positional statistics are very balanced between the three thirds of the field."

He's going to have a heart attack watching our lot try to keep possession

10 minutes ago, Rich said:

What’s wrong with Big River, like? Or is it Nail?

I just think it's dreary and the verses go on and on and on. Think Home Newcastle captures the feeling of Newcastle far better but each to their own.

No problem with Nail like, although my mother in law was seeing him years ago and reckons he's a dickhead. :lol:

Edited by kisearch

11 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Has he worked with a DOF before ?

Aye. 

Henrique at PSG

Miguel Ángel Tena at Villereal

Was involved getting a DOF at Arsenal, recommended Mochi (roma) deal agreed but he opted for Sevilla instead in the end. Think he overlapped with edu, who was another catalyst for his dismissal maybe?

Big River is one of my favourite songs so you can all get fucked. :lol:

Already in love with the idea of Emery, I think I said last week that he would be my pick.

Finally a manager befitting of this special club.  He's got his work cut out mind. I hope he's got some tricks up his sleeve to get us 3/4 wins before January.

At least we can go to some tough venues with a plan to upset teams.

We will have one of the best 6 managers in the league. Good stuff.

12 minutes ago, Ben said:

I've just checked out his signings for Arsenal....................oh dear.

What's wrong with them? Only problematic one I see is Pepe in hindsight. At the time it seemed like a good signing albeit fee was very high.

31 minutes ago, LRD said:

Was wondering who you would be happy with. :lol:

I quite like Graham Potter, done it in a smaller league, then the Championship and now doing a great job at Brighton, but don't mind Emery at all.