Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

His record in the transfer market at Arsenal wasn’t anything outstanding but he was caught up in the post-Wenger politicking. I know that Pepe, for example, was someone bought above his head because he initially wanted Zaha and then Perisic.

That said I remember reading something suggesting he wants to be a coach first and foremost. He prefers working with a DOF he trusts so he can get on with stuff.

54 minutes ago, Sima said:

I'm probably prejudiced by the singer tbf.  

'SHE'S LYIN!'

I'll not have a bad word said about Series 1 & 2 of Auf Wiedersehen, Pet however.

Totally agree. 

Jimmy Nail as an actor: yes

Jimmy Nail as a musician: no

In terms of our new managerial appointment, I really can't wait to have pride in a cloob and a manager again and actually be able to watch an interview/press conference. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

You'd have preferred Lampard in 2 weeks ago than Emery now? 

You need to change the fuse in your sarcasm sensor.

I was referring to the morons cryarsing because we hadn't got a new manager in. We would have had Fonseca last week.

13 minutes ago, STM said:

Really think we should have just gone for Lampard the day after Bruce was sacked. :lol:

Fucking clowns. :lol:

Haven't seen one person say they wanted Lampard.

If you're going to dig people out at least be fair about it.

Emery is a good appointment and worth the wait. Could've been done sooner imo as you work your way down the list.

Conte, Rodgers and Rafa weren't interested, next on the list is Emery in terms of pedigree. Could've saved time by going for him without talking to Lampard, Howe etc given his CV is far superior.

We're all delighted with Emery, no need to be digging people out over wanting it done sooner.

This really does feel like night and day, compared to the last manager search.

I.e. scrabbling about in the bargain bin without a plan, being rejected by anyone with a brain, and then massively overpaying for a complete and utter idiot [emoji38]

He was lifting at Spartak Moscow like. Got peddled after few months and lost a the Moscow derby 5-1 at home (all info i got from Wikipedia) Just a blip as he has been quality nearly everywhere else. I am very happy we have this sorted before Brighton 

Edited by Pokerprince2004

9 minutes ago, number37 said:

Totally agree. 

Jimmy Nail as an actor: yes

Jimmy Nail as a musician: no

In terms of our new managerial appointment, I really can't wait to have pride in a cloob and a manager again and actually be able to watch an interview/press conference. 

He sang a cracking Country and Western song in series two of Auf Wiedersehen Pet 

2 minutes ago, Pokerprince2004 said:

He was lifting at Spartak Moscow like. Got peddled after few months and lost a the Moscow derby 5-1 at home (all info i got from Wikipedia) Just a blip as he has been quality nearly everywhere else. I am very happy we have this sorted before Brighton 

Everybody hurts, sometimes. 

2 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Haven't seen one person say they wanted Lampard.

If you're going to dig people out at least be fair about it.

Emery is a good appointment and worth the wait. Could've been done sooner imo as you work your way down the list.

Conte, Rodgers and Rafa weren't interested, next on the list is Emery in terms of pedigree. Could've saved time by going for him without talking to Lampard, Howe etc given his CV is far superior.

We're all delighted with Emery, no need to be digging people out over wanting it done sooner.

Many were screaming for Fonseca last week and starting to criticise the owners for taking their time.

Noone knows what obstacles were in the way and what was costing them time. Perhaps Emery wasn't available for interview until Friday?

The point is, don't bitch because you feel impatient. Wait for the outcome, then discuss its merits.

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Timing is an important part of the decision like. It’s great that they’ve got someone class but I think it was valid to worry about how long it would take. 

The answer is "it depends", would I have waited another week for Rafa? Two for Conte? 

Time isn't as important as outcome, it never is.