Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

A lot of the anxiety here came from the league position we are in. Add to a lack of news and the two lackluster performances, it is understandable why people wanted things to move faster.

I wouldn't be as worried if we are mid-table. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

Many were screaming for Fonseca last week and starting to criticise the owners for taking their time.

Noone knows what obstacles were in the way and what was costing them time. Perhaps Emery wasn't available for interview until Friday?

The point is, don't bitch because you feel impatient. Wait for the outcome, then discuss its merits.

Perhaps he was available the moment Conte and Rodgers showed their hand and removed themselves from the race.

In which case we could have had Emery 2 weeks ago, like you say, nobody knows.

It works both ways.

Great appointment, people were right to be concerned at the length of time it was taken, especially as the concerns were off the back of them bungling the sacking of Bruce.

Chuffed to bits about this. Huge upgrade on Bruce and Jones. The Europa League is no pushover and is simply undervalued by the English media.  

10 wins and a few draws and we'll stay up. Appointing Emery is a big step toward it happening.

3 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

Perhaps he was available the moment Conte and Rodgers showed their hand and removed themselves from the race.

In which case we could have had Emery 2 weeks ago, like you say, nobody knows.

It works both ways.

Great appointment, people were right to be concerned at the length of time it was taken, especially as the concerns were off the back of them bungling the sacking of Bruce.

But they can’t/shouldn’t just move onto a single target- being thorough means interviews and finding out future plans. You can’t just appoint someone simply because you think they’re ‘next on the list’. IF Emery comes, the club have done well in the time they’ve had. Bungling Bruce sacking? How? They gave him his last 1000th game then got rid. Sacking him before that would’ve achieved nothing other than pander to fans who want everything right now. 

Aye that's right, let's assume we are taking too long AND making a bad decision.

Jesus, years of MA has really scarred us.

Can we at least say, next time patience is required, it's perhaps worth waiting?

Anyway, enough negativity, let's hope Emery gets appointed and we can start Dicking teams.

1 minute ago, Manxst said:

But they can’t/shouldn’t just move onto a single target- being thorough means interviews and finding out future plans. You can’t just appoint someone simply because you think they’re ‘next on the list’. IF Emery comes, the club have done well in the time they’ve had. Bungling Bruce sacking? How? They gave him his last 1000th game then got rid. Sacking him before that would’ve achieved nothing other than pander to fans who want everything right now. 

👍🏻 And would have turned the media even more (if possible) for not giving such an important manager in the history of English football his 1000th game! 🙃

1 minute ago, STM said:

Aye that's right, let's assume we are taking too long AND making a bad decision.

Jesus, years of MA has really scarred us.

Can we at least say, next time patience is required, it's perhaps worth waiting?

Anyway, enough negativity, let's hope Emery gets appointed and we can start Dicking teams.

:lol: It was only 2 weeks as well. Was unbearable. 

It'll not be the end of the whiney posters whining. There'll be something else soon enough. 

Guest reefatoon

An actual real life proper manager. This is going to take ages to get used too. Those manager hunting days under Ashley were fucking hideous.

6 minutes ago, Manxst said:

If you don't think keeping Bruce on (after briefing every media outlet around he was going) was a mistake then you're already at the point of refusing to criticise the new owners purely on the basis they're better than Ashley.

If Conte is available, you don't interview Lampard or Howe as they operate in different leagues. It's the same with Emery, he's won multiple European and domestic trophies, you don't interview managers that have promotion from the championship on their CV when he is attainable.

I'm not going in to back on forths on this, they mishandled the Bruce situation, which, along with league position and performances led to people worrying about the "delay" in getting a new manager. Ultimately, they've made an exciting appointment (if it happens).

Calling people out for having legitimate concerns and worries is poor.

Edited by PlymouthGeordie

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

:lol: It was only 2 weeks as well. Was unbearable. 

It'll not be the end of the whiney posters whining. There'll be something else soon enough. 

"Hurry up and sign Mbappe man. He would have already had 10 goals had we signed him last week."

Owners have been in charge of the club less than a month.:lol:

21 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I’m obsessed with Torreira, great potential and wouldn’t be too expensive. 

I can't really remember it happening but been reading Arsenal fans saying he played him massively out of position as their number 10 when he was there. Think he went to Atletico and then got played as a left back [emoji38]

Just now, Jaqen said:

I can't really remember it happening but been reading Arsenal fans saying he played him massively out of position as their number 10 when he was there. Think he went to Atletico and then got played as a left back [emoji38]

Won the quadruple with Stuttgart on FIFA with him coming in to the DM role. Good enough for me. 

He is tiny mind. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

"Hurry up and sign Mbappe man. He would have already had 10 goals had we signed him last week."

Owners have been in charge of the club less than a month.:lol:

:lol: 2 months ago I'd have been happy with an owner of moderate wealth, Eddie Howe and planning for the future. Possibly from the Championship next season.

Then all of a sudden we have useless owners for not sacking Bruce before Spurs or having someone in for Palace and Chelsea. I'm glad these lunatics dont make decisions for our club. We'd be a right fucking mess. 

Edited by Super Duper Branko Strupar

There's bound to be unreasonable and emotionally loaded whining no matter what, simply due to the wealth of the new owners.

I was absolutely desperate for them to get Bruce out as number one priority (I'd set it higher than meeting & greeting with players, staff etc), but now that he is gone I don't really mind them taking their time to appoint a new manager, as long as they leave enough time for said manager to get familiar with the squad and identify potential targets ahead of the January transfer window.

14 minutes ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

If you don't think keeping Bruce on (after briefing every media outlet around he was going) was a mistake then you're already at the point of refusing to criticise the new owners purely on the basis they're better than Ashley.

If Conte is available, you don't interview Lampard or Howe as they operate in different leagues. It's the same with Emery, he's won multiple European and domestic trophies, you don't interview managers that have promotion from the championship on their CV when he is attainable.

I'm not going in to back on forths on this, they mishandled the Bruce situation, which, along with league position and performances led to people worrying about the "delay" in getting a new manager. Ultimately, they've made an exciting appointment (if it happens).

Calling people out for having legitimate concerns and worries is poor.

So you're saying they were wrong to have back up plans? [emoji38]

What if they went all in for Emery and then after 2 weeks of negotiations were left back at stage 1 with no back up plan? That sounds more like the behaviour of Mike Ashley than competent owners to me. 

Just now, Joey47 said:

So you're saying they were wrong to have back up plans? [emoji38]

What if they went all in for Emery and then after 2 weeks of negotiations were left back at stage 1 with no back up plan? That sounds more like the behaviour of Mike Ashley than competent owners to me. 

Clubs don't bid for players without first knowing if the player wants to join. It is the same with managers.

He was not my first choice but a massive upgrade on the previous manager. 

His record in Europe gets him a yes from me. Once we eventually get out of this mess we are in then we should be, based on our wealth,looking to establish ourselves as regular European competitors.

He may not be the long term answer if we want to be competing with City and PSG at some stage but to be a bridge to that through higher league positions, the Europa, and success in cups, then he fits the bill. 

He didn't do well at Arsenal, but he was dealing with being the replacement for a very long term manager. Similar to the task David Moyes had at Manchester United. He isn't doing too badly at the moment and he has no where near the pedigree of Emery. 

Edited by Bintang