Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It really is vital we stay up because I am worried the PL (or their puppet masters the big 6 and BeIn) will pull some kind of shenanigans to ensure we never get promoted again even if we win the Championship.

:lol:

6 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Both you and Pilko will come around eventually. 

Right after we smash Conte's Spurs 3 nil.

It's not about "coming around" - from what I've seen of Howe there are clear positives to the guy but also legitimate concerns. Which of those weigh heavier I'm not sure yet and that in itself is a large part of why I'm struggling to get behind the idea. Also, my expectation was a blockbuster appointment and the new owners leaking names and the Emery thing only served to feed that, giving Howe the mark of someone well down the list and that underwhelmed feeling that I'm struggling to shake.

I'm 50/50 on whether Howe is the real deal or not right now. 6 weeks ago I'd have snapped your hand off for someone who I was 50-50 on (from a position of someone we were all 0-100 on..) - now, I can't help but feel we should/could have got better.

As I've also said several times already, I really, genuinely hope he's an excellent appointment and that my doubts are proven wrong. He'll either be the best or second best manager we've had in 15 year by virtue of not being an absolute fucking numpty, but how good he is beyond that remains to be seen. I'm sure it'll be interesting if nothing else!

1 hour ago, cannybagoftudor said:

I have a good feeling about this appointment - always had a soft spot for his dad (Don) who was a very able coach - it is in his DNA - so hopefully like father like son and he will go from strength to strength and surprise us all.

You talking about the ex-Arsenal manager?

That’s not his dad

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

Even Bruce was wearing a suit 1st game with the new owners [emoji38]

Such a blatant attempt to brown nose, that.

'Lerk. Please don't make wuh redundant. Amandah, wuhs can chaynge it'

11 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

It really is vital we stay up because I am worried the PL (or their puppet masters the big 6 and BeIn) will pull some kind of shenanigans to ensure we never get promoted again even if we win the Championship.

I think that’s a legitimate worry 

5 hours ago, Geogaddi said:

I will get behind him but for me it’s such an underwhelming appointment , just feels like another Mcclaren / Bruce /Pardew type appointment , thought them days were supposed to be over . I think a half decent manager could have attracted some half decent players in January and we would have stayed up but I am 100% confident we will relegated under Howe, hopefully I am wrong but I just can’t see how we stay up under him. 

Bedwetter. There's a few on here at the moment, I'm going to call you all out.

15 minutes ago, Pilko said:

It's not about "coming around" - from what I've seen of Howe there are clear positives to the guy but also legitimate concerns. Which of those weigh heavier I'm not sure yet and that in itself is a large part of why I'm struggling to get behind the idea. Also, my expectation was a blockbuster appointment and the new owners leaking names and the Emery thing only served to feed that, giving Howe the mark of someone well down the list and that underwhelmed feeling that I'm struggling to shake.

I'm 50/50 on whether Howe is the real deal or not right now. 6 weeks ago I'd have snapped your hand off for someone who I was 50-50 on (from a position of someone we were all 0-100 on..) - now, I can't help but feel we should/could have got better.

As I've also said several times already, I really, genuinely hope he's an excellent appointment and that my doubts are proven wrong. He'll either be the best or second best manager we've had in 15 year by virtue of not being an absolute fucking numpty, but how good he is beyond that remains to be seen. I'm sure it'll be interesting if nothing else!

That's fair enough.

From all accounts he was always on the list and had ultimately made the final two based off of the interviews they conducted. And so the new owners clearly felt he met the requirements they were after. I don't think they came into this just looking for a big name established manager per se. They were certain points they were targeting, some of which have since seen mentioned, a more modern progressive manager that is detailed oriented and organised, and who is big on improving players he has at his disposal.

They've said from the outset that their approach was going to be a slower and sustainable one that really establishes the club as a future force because quality foundations have been set, and so I think this meant they were also going to be more open to a manager that had big potential that could also grow with the club at a similar rate, which is more of the mould Howe is in. 

3 hours ago, neesy111 said:

100% getting my backing.  We have to get behind him.

He’s up for it, knows it’s going to be a challenge and I hope to fuck he comes good and we dick over Villarreal in the Europa Final with Emery in the opposite dugout.

:lol: I am not bitter. 

Meh. Personally think he’s a poor man’s Favre but at least he has the slight advantage of knowing- to a certain degree- how a few of the other teams play in this league, which will hopefully help us to pick up more points in the short- term.

Edited by McCormick

31 minutes ago, LV said:

I think that’s a legitimate worry 

Why? At the end of the day the PL stated that they were happy that PIF and the Saudi state were separate. Once they done that they’re fucked as they can’t then go back and say you’re not separate anymore. If they even tried to (they won’t), it would be thrown out at court straight away. Not going to happen that boat has well sailed now.

Edited by et tu brute

18 minutes ago, aa5773 said:

Not convinced with this guy at all.

PS : It is an opinion but I hope it's not against the rule...

Opinions are opinions mate, that's why the forum works so well.

Fwiw I was totally against Howe,  but after reading more about him and watching the videos posted on here, I've changed my mind completely.

He seems to have a vision which impresses the consortium,  I'm 100% behind him now. As should every NUFC fan should be, look he's not a massive name or owt, but he has what we've been looking for. 

Ambition.  

There’s quite a few on here who think we’re a better prospect than we actually are. Some might not want to be personally associated with PIF. 

I’m surprised we got that close to signing Emery. We’re 19th, winless, have just been taken over (look at the shit our new owners are getting, some deserved) a month ago, probably appear amateur as fuck to anyone coming from an organization with proper structure.

Howe is up there with the best we could hope for right now. Like I said replying to @neesy111, he seems up for it, came prepared to our interviews and wants to be here.

He could have fucked us off after the Emery debacle and waited for another opportunity more appealing than us. He’s talented, a player’s manager, that is data driven, tactical and ambitious.

We also have no idea how much PIF are going to spend on this club until we’ve matured operationally and organizationally. 

Edited by The Bonk

I think the best part is 2.5 years. Being realistic, best hope for 21/22 with any manager is avoiding relegation

22/23 is stabilising to midtable

Probably 23/24 is upper midtable.

Then he leaves.

Alternatively, NUFC can't stay up and 22/23 is returning back to PL for which Howe is a good option and 23/24 is stabilising.

Club have shown that they're ready to get a big name if available and people much better than Emery will be willing to join then.

Not a NUFC fan though, so an outsider-ish view

Edited by TopSnagger

2 minutes ago, TopSnagger said:

I think the best part is 2.5 years. Being realistic, best hope for 21/22 with any manager is avoiding relegation

22/23 is stabilising to midtable

Probably 23/24 is upper midtable.

Then he leaves.

Alternatively, NUFC can't stay up and 22/23 is returning back to PL for which Howe is a good option and 23/24 is stabilising.

Club have shown that they're ready to get a big name if available and people much better than Emery will be willing to join then.

Not a NUFC fan though, so an outsider-ish view

Well said, mate. Appreciate a non bias view. 

Let's be honest - he wasn't the name that jumped into people's heads when we found out we had become the richest club in the world.  We were all hoping for a bigger name - someone that would lift the club from the lull of the last 14 years and give us the momentum to get out of the bottom 3.  However, the reality is the bigger names in the game didn't want the job.  Howe did - so fair play to him. My main concern with Howe is whether he up to the job of dragging us up the table as it's a big ask - I am sure the owners will give him support come January but my fear is that may come too late.  Brighton is a massive game - we need a win.  It is going to be interesting to see the reaction from the players on Saturday.