Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Just now, ManDoon said:

Literally a two second search, you're calling everyone 'know nothing bedwetters' for any criticism of Howe yet not even a year back you're taking the piss out of him. Doesn't defeat my point at all, people can change their mind, critcise howe and still want him here but you seemingly don't think they can.

It’s more because of our position and who we can attract mate , not my first choice but we can’t get the top notch managers yet can we , fair comment? 

11 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There's an Allardyce one at NUFC kicking about somewhere lol, its pretty horrendous. I don't think it's much different to other elite clubs but compared to a Bruce one, night and day imo.

Is that the "if we put the ball in this area we have a 48% chance if winning it and getting it to that area where we have a 37% chance of moving it on to there wher we have a 22% chance of getting a shot" one ? And the players just look a mix of confused and disinterested.

14 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

Who was the mackem that full on lost it on here? I miss that guy :lol:

I know we had Hithere after original Mackem lost the plot. I wanna say it was Wearside something? and it might have been changed to Wireside because he threatened to wire someone's jaw?

We need a forum lore expert please.

Imagine being a  player though. For two years, you've been told to stand around, take days off in training, get behind the ball, run around a bit

Then someone comes in who expects you to actually train. Expect you to actually press. Who probably monitors how much you've run in a game and will rinse you for not running.

And then after all that, imagine you want to throw a strop and then realise the club can easily replace you because they're loaded now. Will be hilarious to watch some get their comeuppance 

Just now, ManDoon said:

Yeah I’d agree with that. My only issue is calling people bedwetters for any apprehension. 

you have to admit we have had a few at it ? I was pissing my pants the other day at Emery not coming so I’m guilty anarl , no worries think you took it out of context . We all know he took Bournemouth down and who knows he may just end up shite but let’s get behind him and the new owners , I’m just fed up of division but fair dos folk have opinions/reservations.

I'll be really happy with this appointment tbh, think it could work out really well for all parties.

Concerns are his defensive record (hopefully he's thought on this during his lengthy time off) and it sounds daft but his apparent unwillingness to move from the South Coast up to now. Hope he doesn't have bother settling or anything.

The relegation doesn't worry me, almost all managerial spells fizzle out in the end and they only narrowly went down in the end anyway. Maybe the relegation takes the job he did at Bournemouth down to an A from an A+, but no more than that as the job he did there was unbelievable. 

There's a lot to get excited about imo - attractive style of play, innovative methods, obsessive attention to detail and also this is a bloke who has had ample time out of the game to recharge and doubtless feels like he has something to prove now. 

See no reason why both Howe and NUFC can't push on together now, but we do need wins soon if we're to attract decent players in January. He needs to galvanise the squad quickly and I think he has the type of personality where he can do that. 

Edited by Interpolic

11 minutes ago, TopSnagger said:

Imagine being a  player though. For two years, you've been told to stand around, take days off in training, get behind the ball, run around a bit

Then someone comes in who expects you to actually train. Expect you to actually press. Who probably monitors how much you've run in a game and will rinse you for not running.

And then after all that, imagine you want to throw a strop and then realise the club can easily replace you because they're loaded now. Will be hilarious to watch some get their comeuppance 

Can’t see any of Bruce’s backers liking the new regime (Shelvey etc). Pretty obvious the rest have become lazy by getting it coached into them. 

19 minutes ago, Pixelphish said:

I know we had Hithere after original Mackem lost the plot. I wanna say it was Wearside something? and it might have been changed to Wireside because he threatened to wire someone's jaw?

We need a forum lore expert please.

Remember one called 'Obvious Infaltrator' on an old forum. Stopped popping on when wasn't working so missed the plot losing.

After relegation to the old regional leagues was it?

Edited by Wolfcastle

Is his ability to draw players (or, I guess, supposed inability) really that big of a deal? I don't think we're really going to be a legit destination for galactico types at the outset anyway. And I've got to think there are a shit load of players better than most we've got now who would be happy to be a part of what would seem to be, on the whole (despite where we are in the league), an upward looking outfit. 

Edited by B-more Mag

9 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

There's been a few.

Watch your letter box, or you might end up with a wired jaw

There was one called Wearside who was renamed Wireside 

EDIT - Just seen pixelphish's post on the previous page.  I'm sure there was on on here called Definitely Maybe as well?

Edited by Sima

5 minutes ago, ManDoon said:

There was one who started off okay then gradually went bad, can’t think of his name though 

They all went that way.

Start ok, but gradually the inferiority complex wore them down till they went full RTG

1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

These afre a good watch

Can't say how much I am impressed by this.

OK I'm sure the ideas, training wise, aren't anything out of the ordinary but his intensity, his micro management, his praise/criticism balance is spot on.

There's no hiding place. Any of our bad eggs are about to have the shock of their life.

Shelveys reaction is going to be interesting. Funny enough, watching their drills, hes one of the only players we have with the touch and awareness of passing. Sadly his pressing will let him down on day one.

Sean Longstaff needed Eddie Howe's coaching two seasons ago. I hope it's not too late.

Willock, Almiron, Manquillo, Lewis should all benefit massively from this, they have the engines to deal with with this style.