Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Keep having to remind myself how the team took time to adapt to Rafa's methods, so trying not to be too critical, but last night's back four should be a massive lesson for him as well as Joelinton bring more suited to the flank.

Will be disappointed if that still isn't apparent next game.

Took about 4 games under Rafa if memory serves. 

Either way he can’t afford many more bedding-in mistakes. 

20 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Defensive unity is getting there 

Improved fitness

High pressing 

Committing players forward in numbers 

Shelvey and Joelinton actually playing like Premier League footballers 

Definitely this, although if I was being critical it feels like ASM and Wilson are slightly less effective.

28 minutes ago, ElDiablo said:

I'm sure I saw Shelvey sprinting back like his life depended on it in added time. Definitive proof Howe is on to something. 

Shelvey has a weird running style that Ive noticed a couple of times now.

He sort of sets off at a sprint but after a couple of seconds he sort of backs off and coasts.

Be great to see if he can improve further

28 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

Shelvey has a weird running style that Ive noticed a couple of times now.

He sort of sets off at a sprint but after a couple of seconds he sort of backs off and coasts.

Be great to see if he can improve further

It's because he literally has no speed. 

13 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

What would people's thoughts be in Howe threw Ritchie and Lascelles straight back into the mix? 

Be disappointed, but would still be behind the manager and the team. I think it would be totally undeserved on recent form. Actually, performances that goes back quite a while. 

I think I said on here that Benitez used to have me scratching my head with team selection. Often left some of my preferred players out. But it often worked, so what do I know. 

Waste of 24 minutes. Didn’t blame other people for the results, talked positively about our players and didn’t even threaten a journalist or say their employer should give them a slap. 

3 minutes ago, JeffJ said:

Waste of 24 minutes. Didn’t blame other people for the results, talked positively about our players and didn’t even threaten a journalist or say their employer should give them a slap. 

Yeah, really disappointed that no players were thrown under the bus

4 hours ago, Nobody said:

https://www.nufc.co.uk/nufc-tv/latest-videos/howe-pre-burnley-h-media-briefing-21-22/

Like how calmly he answers every question. Just gives a very professional demeanour, especially compared to our previous head coach. 

First time I've watched a full press conference in ages (thanks for the link), got to say, every interview I watch I just feel better and better about him being our manager. 

Not only does he play every question with a straight bat, by the end of it he seems to have the journalists eating out of his hand.  Reminds me of Keegan tbh. If you were a player you would run through walls for him. He makes them all sound like world beaters. :lol:

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

First time I've watched a full press conference in ages (thanks for the link), got to say, every interview I watch I just feel better and better about him being our manager. 

Not only does he play every question with a straight bat, by the end of it he seems to have the journalists eating out of his hand.  Reminds me of Keegan tbh. If you were a player you would run through walls for him. He makes them all sound like world beaters. :lol:

👍🏻 Our Gaffer! :smitten:

31 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

What would people's thoughts be in Howe threw Ritchie and Lascelles straight back into the mix? 

I wouldn't put either of them back in but I can see the reasoning behind Lascelles going back in - he's captain, he brings physicality and we'll need that v a team like Burnley.

Ritchie back in ahead of Lewis would be a ridiculously poor decision. I don't think Howe will do that given how well Lewis played the other night, I think Ritchie might be introduced from the bench.