Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Wouldn't be averse to it being Lascelles and Fernandez as the two CBs. That rick from Fab at the end nearly cost us just as much as Clark. 

I would agree with this if he's sticking with two CB's 

The main problem with Lascelles, for me. Isn’t his ball watching, his dithering or his panicked style when in possession. It’s that he’s not even physical anymore. Couldn’t even put Saka on the weights and got bullied and given the runaround by Toney. 

I’m sure he used to bully strikers when they backed in, he was a beast in the air and was getting stuck into meaty 50/50’s and coming out on top. Apart from his crowd pleasing slide tackles, that don’t really achieve anything. I feel like he’s gone to shit as a defender. Even his leadership seems to have gone. Doesn’t have a presence about him like before and seems almost timid at times. 

Hope he gets his mojo backed. Used to love watching him. 

1 minute ago, Yorkie said:

Wouldn't be averse to it being Lascelles and Fernandez as the two CBs. That rick from Fab at the end nearly cost us just as much as Clark. 

True, but Schär not being in the side means only Shelvey has the capability to competently pass the ball forward.

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

True, but Schär not being in the side means only Shelvey has the capability to competently pass the ball forward.

Fede isn't the worst at bringing it out but obvs you're right in that it's one of Schar's best attributes. Just feel like those two lads vs Wood and Barnes, assuming Burnley still play both them two, might serve us better. I know that's us setting up to nullify them rather than playing to our strengths but we're probably not in a position where we can take any game to anyone yet. 

8 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Fede isn't the worst at bringing it out but obvs you're right in that it's one of Schar's best attributes. Just feel like those two lads vs Wood and Barnes, assuming Burnley still play both them two, might serve us better. I know that's us setting up to nullify them rather than playing to our strengths but we're probably not in a position where we can take any game to anyone yet. 

Barnes is out fwiw. I see what you mean though but Burnley will still sit off. They sit off almost everyone.

13 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

My mate is a Burnley fan and said they have played the two battering rams for a while. Barnes not getting much of a run out. 

Been Wood up top with Cornet, who’s he says has been fucking magic, playing around him. 

Fede and Schar would start for me.

8 minutes ago, Pilko said:

I was very critical last week, he got it right today. First half was shit and nervy but we grew into it, pushed for the second and the game management last 15 mins was spot on, subs and all.

Same, I was extremely critical but today it was truly on point. Hopefully he told Jones to shut his mouth about the players in the club