Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

So happy for him. There were loads of positives in that second half. He gives me confidence that we could surprise a few teams in the coming weeks. Wishful thinking? A bit, yeah, but at least he gives me hope.

6 minutes ago, SiLvOR said:

So happy for him. There were loads of positives in that second half. He gives me confidence that we could surprise a few teams in the coming weeks. Wishful thinking? A bit, yeah, but at least he gives me hope.

We certainly shouldn't be afraid of Leicester and Man Utd. Liverpool's the only one where you take the 0-3 and get the hell out of there. 

2 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

We certainly shouldn't be afraid of Leicester and Man Utd. Liverpool's the only one where you take the 0-3 and get the hell out of there. 

Aye. That Liverpool game is the only one I'd say is a goner. Heck, get Wilson's susspension over with in that one.

49 minutes ago, Ben said:

I'm taking this as a dig at Bruce.

Can we change the title to Eddie Howe Newcastle United Manager ? 

I don't think it's meant to be a dig at Bruce, although obviously that could be inferred. Winter has always had a soft spot for Newcastle, I think he's just genuinely delighted to see a quality manager here. When you watch Howe at work, and listen to him talk, you can't help but be mightily impressed tbh. 

Asked how important it was to be going into those games with a win under their belts, head coach Howe said: “I try not to look at groups of fixtures. It’s a waste of energy and a waste of time because you’ve got to play them one at a time and we’re going to look at the first one.

“The minute you start looking at groups, it’s a dangerous thing to do, We’ll be really boosted by the win today, that should give us a lot of confidence and hopefully some positive momentum to take into a tough away fixture.”

:smitten:

The new boss looked even more drained than his players as he exited down the tunnel, a glaze in his eyes after an emotional lap of appreciation.

Seconds earlier, Howe had clenched his fists and shook them in the direction of the East Stand. He perhaps did not anticipate that the entire crowd would ape his celebration. ‘F****** love it’ he appeared to scream back at them.

:aww: 

2 hours ago, toon25 said:

As quick as I'd like progress to be, and as desperate for points as we are, I'm always reminded of the parcel of festering shit this guy was handed by his feckless predecessor on days like today. 

Before anyone has a go at EH , come back to this post , then realise he’s a great manager and coach .