Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, ManDoon said:

After a couple of beers, Zidane tbh. Imagine that bald lion rocking up at SJP 

I might make the odd Cup game like…

Would be delighted with Rodgers but we should go all out for Conte. Big wage and financial support in the transfer market to build us into a top side. It really depends if a manager fancies a project or if they want to walk into a ready made team. 

There is no need for a transitional manager, they will be tapping someone up for the long term. While we would be happy with practically anyone other than Bruce at this point, I think the owners would be looking beyond the likes of Howe.  

Imagine if they just bought Rafa out lol. 

I would expect them to make an impactful statement appointment for Manager. It's more about who really wants a project that is available right now. 

Because of the situation with Rafa and Everton I just don't think he'd leave. They really would truly hate him then. :lol: Having said that he should absolutely come back, the project is here and waiting for him and he is absolutely adored here. Life's too short, come back Rafa, the scouse mackems don't and never will appreciate you properly. 

Just now, STM said:

Wonder if they have someone lined up? They are bound to, right?

If it really has been close for weeks like reported or looking like happening for a while, you would think/hope so. 

Depends whether they want to hire an exec, DoF and do a whole review of the club first. In a normal situation I would think they would do that and keep Bruce on until that is done. We are always nothing like normal though and Bruce's position is untenable, they wont want that stink and bad taste in the fans mouth's. A big name stop gap caretaker for the season maybe? Really why wait though. 

1 minute ago, Decky said:

Because of the situation with Rafa and Everton I just don't think he'd leave. They really would truly hate him then. :lol: Having said that he should absolutely come back, the project is here and waiting for him and he is absolutely adored here. Life's too short, come back Rafa, the scouse mackems don't and never will appreciate you properly. 

It would just give other fans an excuse to hate us from day one though and I don't think the Saudis want that. I'm not sure I do either.  I love Rafa and I always wanted him here when the takeover went through but I don't want us just steeling other clubs managers and players to prove a point. Then it would just be buying the league title and everything else

25 minutes ago, STM said:

We have no choice but to sack Bruce and replace ASAP. Safe choice would be someone like Potter, who could get turn us into a top 10 side while the club sorts its self out.

Crazy how Potter has become the safe option now. Only a few years ago I said he would have been an excellent punt, before most on here would have even heard of him.