Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, Decky said:

I'd hate to see us go for Gerrard, too much of a risk. We need someone whos gonna come in and keep us up and we should go for a decent proven manager. 

I’m surprised he’s been linked - he might well be a good manager one day, but beating a disintegrating Celtic does not make him the right man to lead our charge into the superclub group.

My dream is Conte but would be equally surprised if we could get someone of his quality straight away.

Hell, just two signings in January should mean even Bruce could keep us up, and look at in the summer. It’s not impossible he gets some time. Needless to say I fucking hope not, but Im steeling myself for it…

EDIT: I just saw the tweet saying Bruce is to be sacked when the consortium takes over... So Conte (because Rafa ain't coming), maybe Martinez because of the Jones connection. 

Edited by Raconteur
Failed prophecy

5 hours ago, madras said:

Martinez had a mention ?

I know he had that one relegation but I think he’d be a decent shout while we transition. Obviously has the link with Jones so would get the inside track on the current squad easily enough so would like to think he’d steer us out of trouble before we start getting cut adrift. Similar to the ‘I don’t mind us doing it the Leicester way’ though, if we want to go and get Conte, Allegri or Zidane then cool.

Glorious absolutely fkin glorious, the thought of that fat fraud slobbering around the PIF "advising" them on how football works in the UK makes me weep, for me, for me for the PIF to have a blinder of a start its plain & simple, hoof the fucker naked down northumberland street 1st chance they get, no mercy, no tippy tapping, out the door as the inks drying.

Anyway were done with the fat slob, now were the richest club in the world with the pick of the planets top coaches who would you choose to spearhead our champions league charge & why would you choose Rafa Benitez ? 

Roberto Martinez has been touted as the next manager for Barcelona, they think he has matured with international football and is now capable of holding his own in league situations whereas previously he was seen as too blinkered with playing a style instead of substance and points.

Would be an absolute coup if we got him....

Just now, Collage said:

Have to say I’m a little bitter this has been dragged out for so long that we can’t have Rafa. He would have been perfect in the build-up phase.

Feel for him that he's gone there to survive on scraps again just as we might become a proper club again :/

16 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Keegan again? Anyone?

I probably would. Because I’m a sentimental fool. But maybe for 6 months to get the club straight while the owners settle in. 

I really hope Amanda goes all out to bring Rafa back but I think he has too much integrity to do it. It will be the perfect rebuild for him. Newcastle needs someone who is more than a coach or manager. Newcastle needs a man with a vision who can revamp the training facilities, medical, scouts, youth, first team and re-connect with the fans and community. Can't think of any other better than Rafa to do it.

2 minutes ago, LV said:

I probably would. Because I’m a sentimental fool. But maybe for 6 months to get the club straight while the owners settle in. 

The game has moved on from KK's days. We need a tactical first team manager and a DoF to oversee recruitment and the development of the club's infrastructure.

Just now, morpeth mag said:

The game has moved on from KK's days. We need a tactical first team manager and a DoF to oversee recruitment and the development of the club's infrastructure.

Long term, of course yeah.