Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I'll add on that I'll be happy if the new owners keep Steve Bruce on till the end of the season as long as there is no danger of relegation just so they can get Rafa back (Everton sack their manager every season or so, 6 managers in 5 years or something like that)

19 minutes ago, LV said:

I probably would. Because I’m a sentimental fool. But maybe for 6 months to get the club straight while the owners settle in. 

There's never anything long term about Keegan but to get him in for the rest of the season and start the feel good factor within the squad and fans would be epic. Never have we been so low, could you imagine the impact of him?

He then goes upstairs at the end of the season.

Edited by Dokko

I don’t want Keegan in and around the football side of things. Think it’s a step back. However, it would be amazing if the new owners made a point of reaching out to our legends (KK, Shearer, heck even Jonas and Hughton) and recognised them. KK should at the very least have a fucking stand named after him.

This season is over anyway. Most of the top managers are not available and no matter how good Conte is, you do not want to be held to ransom by his demands or what if he says no? End of season will be a good time to assess who is available and appoint the best man. Hopefully Rafa.

Someone short term who will keep us up and then the real project can start in the summer.

I don’t think any top manager will come in while we’re in such a mess, and we are. We’re better than the results have been (I mean squad) but it’s still a very tough job to get that right. One or two decent signings in January would help massively

Rafa's too nice to leave Everton in the lurch, it is super convenient for his family, the squad suits him and while owners were extremely frugal they were honest with him and will back him in future. Very much doubt Rafa will be available for a while.

2 minutes ago, Tiresias said:

Rafa's too nice to leave Everton in the lurch, it is super convenient for his family, the squad suits him and while owners were extremely frugal they were honest with him and will back him in future. Very much doubt Rafa will be available for a while.

Yes but Everton sack their managers almost every season. There is a good chance he might be available in the summer. They need money for the new stadium so who knows if they break their promise and remain skint for the next few years. Their fans certainly doesn't want him there so that's another factor.

Edited by Misa

Just now, MandysMags said:

Don't forget Rafa played the most boring football ever seen at SJP...Would have him back even if he was available

Have you seen Everton's games this season? Give him control and the football is so different. He's pragmatic and will do what it takes to get results. I do disagree with the most boring football statement too. Much better than what Newcastle is playing now.

10 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Don’t want Shearer or keegan in any role that they have any influence on the football side of things.

Aye, Shearer is on record as saying that Souness and Dalglish are the best managers he has worked with. 

Pass.

4 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

And it begins

Always weird when players from my Merlin sticker books pop up in really senior behind the scenes roles in modern, successful  football clubs. Isn’t Scott Sellars doing a similar job at Wolves?

22 minutes ago, Dokko said:

There's never anything long term about Keegan but to get him in for the rest of the season and start the feel good factor within the squad and fans would be epic. Never have we been so low, could you imagine the impact of him?

He then goes upstairs at the end of the season.

Yep I’d be well happy with that 

20 minutes ago, MandysMags said:

Don't forget Rafa played the most boring football ever seen at SJP...Wouldnt have him back even if he was available

I’m pretending this is a joke 

13 minutes ago, Nepharite said:

Cant wait to see the fat bastard clear out his desk and bin all the old MacDonalds cartons live on SKY!

Will need a skip just for his food waste.

All his detailed gameplan and training notes will fit in a plastic carrier bag to be incinerated.

Edited by Hhtoon