Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I also think there's a big difference between what's considered good enough for Newcastle United and what's considered enough good enough for Manchester United at this moment in time.

I actually don't understand why fans of other clubs, not just Newcastle care so much if someone is good enough for Man Utd though

13 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

You just said we should look at Potter's past history in Sweden, yet we're not meant to look at OGS'. That's my issue with it all. Not comparing their current situations. Fwiw I can see what OGS is doing as it's the same as what he did at Molde to great success, his issue has always been never having a proper plan b.

I absolutely get where you're coming from, but Potter has built upon what he did in Sweden and IMO has shown it wasn't a fluke due to working in a poor league.

OGS got the job because of what he did in Norway and his ties with Man Utd and has basically shown that what he did in Norway was probably due to it being a poor league.

I'm not saying don't look at OGS & Potter's comparable track records in Scandinavian leagues, i'm saying look at what both of them have done since.

Just now, steve_69 said:

I absolutely get where you're coming from, but Potter has built upon what he did in Sweden and IMO has shown it wasn't a fluke due to working in a poor league.

OGS got the job because of what he did in Norway and his ties with Man Utd and has basically shown that what he did in Norway was probably due to it being a poor league.

I'm not saying don't look at OGS & Potter's comparable track records in Scandinavian leagues, i'm saying look at what both of them have done since.

People keep overlooking OGS actually having the best record of the ones that have tried their hand since Sir Alex retired, but let's just stop it there as it's a shit argument anyhow and I can't believe I am even entertaining it as I hate Molde and I hate OGS. I just hate shit arguments based on feelings and not facts more. You could easily pick away at OGS' time at Man Utd using actual facts rather than "lol norway lol shit"

Also you could say the Swedish league is shit as well then as I'm not impressed by Potter at all.

That said, I honestly would want Zidane just for the star factor so I'm a shit person to ask :lol: 

1 minute ago, Kaizero said:

People keep overlooking OGS actually having the best record of the ones that have tried their hand since Sir Alex retired, but let's just stop it there as it's a shit argument anyhow and I can't believe I am even entertaining it as I hate Molde and I hate OGS. I just hate shit arguments based on feelings and not facts more. You could easily pick away at OGS' time at Man Utd using actual facts rather than "lol norway lol shit"

Also you could say the Swedish league is shit as well then as I'm not impressed by Potter at all.

That said, I honestly would want Zidane just for the star factor so I'm a shit person to ask :lol: 

Fair enough, let's leave it there and just enjoy the day pal.

As for Zidane, i'm not convinced :cool:

I honestly think Rafa would('ve) been perfect. Nothing to do with his priors here - but we're obviously gonna need a manager who is a strong coach to get the best out of a fairly shit bunch of players right now until the squad can be rebuilt.

Edited by Chicane

Oh we're definitely better than anything we'll see under the fat mess and I agree the squad is good enough to stay up.

But it's still pretty shit. Look at our strike options - Joey Linton, Dwight Gayle...guys like Emil Krafth are starting games. It's gonna take time to rebuild it and we need someone who can come in and get the best out of some very average players.

7 hours ago, Dokko said:

Keegan again? Anyone?

It would blow the roof off St James if that happened, you'd have a stampede of middle aged fans climbing over the turnstiles. Keegan would lift the whole city for the rest of the season, but longer term it wouldn't be a wise appointment. If only though. :love:

Just now, HaydnNUFC said:

The Keegan ship has sailed for me. Would love him to have some sort of role at the club but not a football one.

This...he's long past sell by date as a manager now.  He could have easily turned into a PFM if he'd kept trying for work over the last ten years and been shown up as a dinosaur. Utmost admiration for him and what he did for us, but ultimately he always knew when it was time to quit rather than Brucing it out.

Could easily be an ambassador though

Personally think there aren't many better managers than Keegan for a short term lift. Everyone thought he was past it when Ashley brought him back after sacking Allardyce, but he has a way of lifting teams an extra 50% and getting them playing football. 

No he's not the answer, but let's not forget what he can do, he doesn't need to prove it to anyone after two stints here. 

10 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

This...he's long past sell by date as a manager now.  He could have easily turned into a PFM if he'd kept trying for work over the last ten years and been shown up as a dinosaur. Utmost admiration for him and what he did for us, but ultimately he always knew when it was time to quit rather than Brucing it out.

Make him a global ambassador like Man United do.

Is Poch totally out of the picture now? There was talk of him fancying coming back to England for the Spurs job. I know he's at PSG, but apparently not totally satisfied with life over there. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Is Poch totally out of the picture now? There was talk of him fancying coming back to England for the Spurs job. I know he's at PSG, but apparently not totally satisfied with life over there. 

Would be the best 'fuck you' to Qatar also. Which, I'll be honest, I'd enjoy.

53 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Keegan could and would never allow himself to become a dinosaur and to suggest otherwise is quite frankly blasphemous.