Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Strange time to appoint a manager, maybe too long for an interim one but too soon for a world class one. Conte working with Richie and Kraft is a hilarious thought, but so is a Graeme Jones getting 2 or 3 class players. Weird, it’ll be interesting to see which way they go. 

30 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Galtier

I watched most Lille games last season for Jonathan David and they were anti football and zero squad cohesion. Still don't know how they won the league. While it was likely more the personalities in the squad it was horrific to watch. 

We need someone classy and charismatic to unite the fanbase but also someone that plays attacking football that suits the club/fanbase.

Just now, toontownman said:

I watched most Lille games last season for Jonathan David and they were anti football and zero squad cohesion. Still don't know how they won the league. While it was likely more the personalities in the squad it was horrific to watch. 

We need someone classy and charismatic to unite the fanbase but also someone that plays attacking football that suits the club/fanbase.

34 minutes ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Galtier

If the new owners look, review and choose a new manager that they feel is right to try and get the club progressing again, I'll back the decision.

It'll just be a pleasure knowing that a manager has been chosen with the best intentions in mind, even if they do make a mistake.

I didn't realise Conte was even a free agent. He's been my 'if not Rafa' for years. Really liked his Chelsea team from 16/17. He caused everyone to start playing 3-4-3. :lol:

I'd just love an Italian in the dugout, think it would be class. 

Don't even need to caveat posts like this any more. Could literally happen tomorrow at this rate. :lol:

Caretaker in immediately. Then, February 9th. Everton at SJP. Teams come oot the tunnel. What’s this? What’s Rafa doing? Oh my god, he’s wearing the black-and-white tie. Oh my god. He’s joining the Newcastle bench. This is unbelievable. It’s the return of the king.

and jiiiiizzzz.

Edited by Tomato Deuce

58 minutes ago, Ketsbaia said:

Would rather not have Rafa, Howe or Keegan. Certainly not Gerrard.

Brendan Rodgers would be fantastic but the ship has sailed there - no way is he leaving Leicester yet.

how come? Money talks mate , you will understand that in the coming years .if they want, they will get , it’s alien to us but get used to it.

we are the wealthiest club IN THE WORLD :lol:

Whomever it is needs to get working quickly - hence the absolute necessity bin the fat cunt asap and get someone working with them immediately. The squad is in a fucking appalling state both fitness-wise and organisationally.

They'll have to be a miracle worker to get some results out of this lot before the transfer window.

6 hours ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Give Conte absolutely anything he wants, if he still says no, then at least we did all we could.

A part of me would still love Mourinho, he may be out-of-touch in the modern English game and his teams can be very negative, but the connection with Sir Bobby and his on-record enthusiasm for the club provokes some strong romanticism.

Gerrard and Lampard far too risky I think.

This club would probably be as good a fit for Mourinho as any in football, he'd revel in our high decibel passion for the game, but I really don't think his football has adapted well to the modern game.

If Conte is available, he has all of that passion and his football is great. That he's a free agent at the moment makes it seem almost a no brainer. 

17 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rodgers would be fantastic like. Always thought he should stay at Leicester because he could break the top 4 with them, but we’ve probably ironically scuppered that as a long term project. :lol:

Always had a mild dislike for the bloke tbh, ever since he took credit for the football at Swansea after Ardiles left. That said I had a dislike of Rafa before he came here, and Rogers does play good football. 

I have a feeling Jones will be in charge for a few games while we interview candidates for the job long term. I doubt we'll make any rush appointments.