Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Guest HTT II
3 hours ago, hakka said:

Conte is the one. He's available and he is the exact status of intent we need. If we get him and his team in then fuck, buckle up for the ride that's coming.

I'd love Rafa, but he's too honourable to leave Everton so soon.

I’d love Conte here, but he’s more of a short term type of let’s get success now type manager than someone for a rebuild which is what we need/require right now. Rafa would be perfect, but that’s not going to ever happen now. I’d go for Howe and let him rebuild and then see where that leads us first.

Edited by HTT II

Guest HTT II
Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Please not Roberto Martinez 

I think he’s a decent manager, attacking wise anyway, but with our defence… disaster!

13 hours ago, Elephant said:

No, just no. I’m BVB fan as well and was so happy to see him gone. Absolutely no skills to react to changes during the game, always horrible substitions and many times losing games due to that. Also horrible at organizing defense and tactically very mediocre.

Would be horrible to see him here after much joy of being sacked (way too late).

I'll bow to your wisdom on him but as Kaka said always seemed a manager who built dynamic sides that played good football. Your description of him is exactly what I don't want mind.

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Don't see the Gerrard thing at all tbh. Even if he was superb (and let's face it, we don't know that yet), he's nailed on to follow Klopp at Liverpool over the next few years.

Great point.

8 minutes ago, triggs said:

Couldn't see Conte wanting to join at this point. Wouldn't mind getting a decent stop gap in until the summer and then going for someone who really fits

This seems the way to go, not sure who but someone who'll come in and give the place a bit of a lift and get them playing good football.

And stay up, of course :lol:

People will hate this but I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of Bruce staying short-term until Jan or the end of season (provided we steer clear of danger). This is a hugely important appointment and one we need to get right - rather than just going for who is available right now. Personally, I think we'll end up with a coach who is focused on player/club development over the long term rather than a Conte-type appointment. I just don't think the model of the consortium involves spending the type of money that would make us Champions League contenders next season - sounds like this is a 5-10 year project. A name that I don't think has been mentioned so far that I think would be an interesting option is Roger Schmidt (PSV manager, formerly of Leverkusen and RB Salzburg). 

1 hour ago, Minhosa said:

Don't see the Gerrard thing at all tbh. Even if he was superb (and let's face it, we don't know that yet), he's nailed on to follow Klopp at Liverpool over the next few years.

You think they may be put off by the falling short of this approach with Lampard and Ole?

Liverpools owner's don't have the cushions of the Chels and Man U to get it wrong either. 

38 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Think it’ll be someone like Howe or even Martinez for now. Ten times better than Doubtfire. 

I don't actually think Martinez is that much better, absolutely dreadful coach in my opinion 

Just now, GeordieDazzler said:

You think they may be put off by the falling short of this approach with Lampard and Ole?

Liverpools owner's don't have the cushions of the Chels and Man U to get it wrong either. 

Genuinely don't know mate.

It's just felt 'written in the stars' as his destiny.

And he's probably one of the only 'names' big enough to get some time off their fans after Klopp.

He's got massive shoes to fill imho.

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Gerrard's Rangers contract runs out the same day as Klopp's Liverpool contract. Coincidence?  

1 minute ago, stozo said:

People will hate this but I'm pretty comfortable with the idea of Bruce staying short-term until Jan or the end of season (provided we steer clear of danger). This is a hugely important appointment and one we need to get right - rather than just going for who is available right now. Personally, I think we'll end up with a coach who is focused on player/club development over the long term rather than a Conte-type appointment. I just don't think the model of the consortium involves spending the type of money that would make us Champions League contenders next season - sounds like this is a 5-10 year project. A name that I don't think has been mentioned so far that I think would be an interesting option is Roger Schmidt (PSV manager, formerly of Leverkusen and RB Salzburg). 

Honestly, I just want to have a manager that is not a complete has been charlatan and have owners that are actually trying to bring in players to improve squad each window regardless of the status of these players, so I really couldn't be any happier right now.

8 minutes ago, stozo said:

If Bruce is allowed to continue until January it'll be a huge struggle for his replacement to get enough points to avoid relegation.  He's a woeful manager and is actively hindering the team.

We need shot of him as soon as possible to make sure that we're not still on single digits come the new year.

1 minute ago, ikri said:

If Bruce is allowed to continue until January it'll be a huge struggle for his replacement to get enough points to avoid relegation.  He's a woeful manager and is actively hindering the team.

We need shot of him as soon as possible to make sure that we're not still on single digits come the new year.

Didn't even register that bit in his post about Bruce staying. Heck NO!!!

That disaster of a guy would absolutely find a way to relegate us right after we finally get taken over.

51 minutes ago, HTT II said:

I think he’s a decent manager, attacking wise anyway, but with our defence… disaster!

I’d take him for this season if he fancied it like. Mentioned it yesterday but short-term he’d obviously have that connection with Jones who’d give him the inside track on the current situation. He had that one relegation but he did well up to that point keeping them above water and if he can’t keep us up then I’d take an FA Cup win. Another year in the Championship with this ownership knowing it’d be a short stay wouldn’t be too bad.

11 minutes ago, ikri said:

Firstly, obviously if we have a great replacement lined up I'd be very happy to see Bruce gone ASAP.

Given it might take time though I think we should see how things play out. I'd be tempted to wait until at least the November international break and then see how many points we have. Obviously if we remain averaging less than a point per game then we need to change but it wouldn't surprise me if there is an a mini up turn in form post-takeover - the atmosphere at home to Spurs is going to be a huge advantage. 

I guess my main point comes back to how important this next appointment is. Yes, we want Bruce gone. But if that means Howe or someone else 'because he is available' and then we end up needing to sack him mid next season (and find ourselves again going to the 'available option'), then we risk being stuck in a very unsatisfactory cycle that is going to hamper us. 

We are no longer shackled by money in the sense sacking a manager due to compo and how that will impact budgets is no longer our problem. 

While i don't want a revolving door of managers in this instance sack Bruce now and then if manager 1 doesn't work start again we are so early doors while we don't want to waste the chance to rebuild let's face it bad decisions are made by everyone difference here I hope is that I hope this ownership just brush it off and move on. 

Edited by nufcjmc

has to be KK for a few weeks.

honestly - sack bruce this morning. give keegan a week to work with the squad for the spurs game, then take a couple of weeks or months to get the right man in.