Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I look at it in tiers:

Tier 1- Worldies like Conte etc

Tier 2- People who would quickly take us too a higher level in the medium term, Rodgers, Emery etc.

Tier 3- Ones who we would have snapped your hand off two days ago but now seem underwhelming. Lampard, Potter, Howe.

The problem with the Conte shout is that the guy lives to win the league and compete for trophies... immediately. He falls out with clubs when that stops being their instant objective or when he feels they're not putting in the same effort to achieve it. Chasing European positions is not what he wants to do. As such, I'm not sure he'd want the job.

Guest HTT II

I’d love Conte here, it would be a real statement, but kind of pointless as he’s not a project/rebuild manager, you appoint him to win the league/CL not to keep a club up then look to finish maybe top 8-6 the following season and then top four the next, which by that time he’ll be off. Howe makes a lot of sense, knows some of the players, has worked with Jones, is available and I think he’d keep us up. 

6 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Roberto Martinez odds on favorite right now. Flurry of activities on him in the last couple of hours.

His odds have shortened but I can’t see anywhere where he’s odds on

1 minute ago, Strawberry said:

Sorry mate, the history of the market shows he's never been any shorter than 11/4 

Click on his name, a new page opens giving you the market history 

Edited by RUHRLYASLEEVESUP

Guest reefatoon
30 minutes ago, duo said:

I'd ignore the names being banded about - no one has a clue.

fucking hell, we’ve had 14 years of not gossiping and talking about exciting new managers and players, let’s go nuts man, not ignore it.

44 minutes ago, ATF said:

The problem with the Conte shout is that the guy lives to win the league and compete for trophies... immediately. He falls out with clubs when that stops being their instant objective or when he feels they're not putting in the same effort to achieve it. Chasing European positions is not what he wants to do. As such, I'm not sure he'd want the job.

I think that's a fair shout, he's probably one of the most in demand managers in the world. We might well be too far behind the leaders for him to consider us at this point, and I think that's fair enough. No harm in asking the question though, and we shouldn't take offence if he turns it down either. This guy turned frosty on Chelsea once they started (in his eyes) messing him about. He reminds me a bit of Keegan, absolutely 100% committed when he's all in, but easy to rub up the wrong way if he feels he's not getting it back. 

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

I’d love Conte here, it would be a real statement, but kind of pointless as he’s not a project/rebuild manager, you appoint him to win the league/CL not to keep a club up then look to finish maybe top 8-6 the following season and then top four the next, which by that time he’ll be off. Howe makes a lot of sense, knows some of the players, has worked with Jones, is available and I think he’d keep us up. 

Agree on Conte, but he’s not a project manager. I don’t think he’d go for it either. Howe would’ve been my choice to replace Bruce under Ashley but I’m not so sure now. Rafa would’ve been perfect but there’s no way he leaves Everton right now. Just nice to be talking about decent managers again to be fair [emoji38]