Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Wonder if the Rangnick fella would take the managers job till the end of the season then choose his own successor?

Would be a decent shout. Not sure if he would be interested in the manager part or not. I think we need experience and quality though. We can't throw a younger manager to the Wolves unless he has the charisma, talent and broad shoulders to cope with turning this squad around until January recruits. 

I would however be shocked if we don't see a completely different looking squad against Spurs even if we lose the game. The place will be electric and every player will have got a shot in the arm... (well not that shot obviously)

1 minute ago, toontownman said:

Would be a decent shout. Not sure if he would be interested in the manager part or not. I think we need experience and quality though. We can't throw a younger manager to the Wolves unless he has the charisma, talent and broad shoulders to cope with turning this squad around until January recruits. 

I would however be shocked if we don't see a completely different looking squad against Spurs even if we lose the game. The place will be electric and every player will have got a shot in the arm... (well not that shot obviously)

The ones who think they’re good enough to stay most certainly. The rest may worry they’re out the door. Either way though the crowd is going to be the best we’ve seen in a decade. 

14 minutes ago, Dokko said:

The ones who think they’re good enough to stay most certainly. The rest may worry they’re out the door. Either way though the crowd is going to be the best we’ve seen in a decade. 

Since it comes down to attitude. Shelvey will be the first to give up.  Though I do feel most of the rest will have the right attitude about it even if they've no chance (Krafth) of making the grade.

All the younger players that were in a struggling 2nd division team under Ossie, held their own under Keegan when called upon - even in the PL against far better opponents Watson, Clark, Elliott, Pav, Howey, Nielsen held their own or improved - its possible for a fair few to step up. Its all down hill from here if they don't but a world of difference from the pervasive vibe at the club since Bruce arrived in mentality.

Edited by Wolfcastle

I was thinking about this today, I just don't think Conte would be a good fit at the moment. 

At this moment in time, we have maybe one player who's good enough for the top six, a handful of midtable players and a lot of lower Premier League/Championship standard players. 

We need to start by establishing ourself as a top half team, picking up the best talent in the Championship, poaching the best players from the teams around us and young, unwanted players on the fringes of the CL sides. Once we have a solid core of players, we can push on again. 

I'd therefore like to see someone who can evolve us from a struggling PL side into one that is regularly finishing in the top half, ready to push on and build for Europe. I therefore think Potter and Rodgers (if he's even available) would be solid appointments at this moment in time.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I was thinking about this today, I just don't think Conte would be a good fit at the moment. 

At this moment in time, we have maybe one player who's good enough for the top six, a handful of midtable players and a lot of lower Premier League/Championship standard players. 

We need to start by establishing ourself as a top half team, picking up the best talent in the Championship, poaching the best players from the teams around us and young, unwanted players on the fringes of the CL sides. Once we have a solid core of players, we can push on again. 

I'd therefore like to see someone who can evolve us from a struggling PL side into one that is regularly finishing in the top half, ready to push on and build for Europe. I therefore think Potter and Rodgers (if he's even available) would be solid appointments at this moment in time.

I mean that’s the minimum we’re going to get and I’m very happy with that for the next few years. Anything else is gravy. 

I'm also not buying Conte isn't right for us now. If Rafa was OK then Conte is OK. He's not some over privileged manager that's only had success at top clubs with top players and facilities all in place. He's managed at Bari and won Serie B with them, and got Siena promoted from same division. Surely coming in and getting everything how you want over the course of a couple years has it's allure.

1 hour ago, GeordieDazzler said:

We'd need to be a few years further down the line for Conte. He's a bit like Mourinho he likes to take over a stellar squad and improve it. At this level anyway, I know he managed some smaller clubs pre-Juve.

That's a chicken and egg situation. How can we attract top players and be in a top 4 battling position to attract a manager capable of becoming such a thing? - if Conte gets what he wants he will come and can do it. It's absurd to say otherwise. 

13 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It’s just about possible Shelvey might step up, since he knows this is how the club will be forever now. 

Either way it won’t matter since he’ll be gone soon. 

It's not possible for Shelvey to step up unless he somehow acquires a new set of lungs. He might get through until January, then surely any manager who wants to compete at the top end of the league will bin him. 

37 minutes ago, hakka said:

That's a chicken and egg situation. How can we attract top players and be in a top 4 battling position to attract a manager capable of becoming such a thing? - if Conte gets what he wants he will come and can do it. It's absurd to say otherwise. 

...because we're probably not going to attract top players or be battling for the top four for a couple of years at least.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

...because we're probably not going to attract top players or be battling for the top four for a couple of years at least.

We can attract top 4 players, just have to pay them over the odds like Chinese clubs or citeh in the early years. Rather we didn’t personally. Whether we challenge with them or not is a different story. 

2 hours ago, hakka said:

I'm not convinced by Howe. Certainly not for a project of trying to get in to top 6 and beyond. 

A week ago he was my first choice based on it being about the ceiling (probably above it tbh) of what I’d have expected from an Ashley replacement if he sacked Bruce. Don’t think there is a ceiling now.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Personally speaking I'd rather try to attract young talent from the lower leagues and teams around us (similar to how Spurs used to operate) than overpay for has-beens.

Think if we’re going to get to the very top we’ll see a combination of both. We’ll probably see a few over-the-top signings who don’t amount to much here just to get the ball rolling.

15 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

If it's true what's being reported, then Conte is interested in hearing what our proposal is and assurances around recruitment control. Surely if both parties are aligned then go for it now?