Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

5 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

A week ago he was my first choice based on it being about the ceiling (probably above it tbh) of what I’d have expected from an Ashley replacement if he sacked Bruce. Don’t think there is a ceiling now.

Agreed. Howe > Bruce for better football and chances of improving under Ashley, but now things are very different. 

How annoying it is that Rafa was interested in all avenues of the club and the city. I would like a manager to have this quality but I’d imagine it’s somewhat rare. 

I just hope if we get a top draw manager in that only cares about what happens on the pitch, there will be others at the club to oversee the development of other areas.

6 minutes ago, hakka said:

If it's true what's being reported, then Conte is interested in hearing what our proposal is and assurances around recruitment control. Surely if both parties are aligned then go for it now? 

Makes sense, I just don't see it happening. Maybe I'm still under Big Mike's inferiority spell :lol:

90min

There is little suggestion at this moment that Jones could be appointed permanent manager, but he is popular with the players and sources have told 90min that he could very well be trusted to take the role until the summer, particularly if manages to keep the club well clear of the relegation zone, where they are currently stationed.

Conte also said through third parties he wouldn't be ready according to this - but knowing he takes jobs in the summer this could work until a long term manager is appointed. Risky but you never know

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

90min

There is little suggestion at this moment that Jones could be appointed permanent manager, but he is popular with the players and sources have told 90min that he could very well be trusted to take the role until the summer, particularly if manages to keep the club well clear of the relegation zone, where they are currently stationed.

Conte also said through third parties he wouldn't be ready according to this - but knowing he takes jobs in the summer this could work until a long term manager is appointed. Risky but you never know

Rather try and persuade Rangnick to come in as manager till the end of the season and then going back to his preferred option of sporting director appointing his successor. 

3 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

90min

@gdm 33/1

:tobey:

No reason to doubt such a credible source as 90min.

We are literally in a position in the table that we can’t risk it on giving Jones anything other than 1 game or going anywhere near lampard. If any of those options become reality I actually would still expect us to go down.

7 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

90min

Shite source but hypothetically speaking....

Jones as manager would probably only work with an experienced assistant and/or staff.

Whats the point of bring all them in to support Jones only to bin them if the new manager doesnt fancy them??

I disagree. We’re one point from safety with 31 games to go.

This squad is more than good enough to easily stay up and any half decent caretaker would achieve that.

If we signed someone like Conte on a pre-agreement to join in the summer, allowing Jones to steady the ship wouldn’t concern me too much at all. 

If results began to sour or he didn’t get us clear enough of the drop, we could change it instantly and use the January window to keep us clear.

Of course if there is a good managerial appointment available now, we should be snapping them up. This scenario is only relevant if we have to wait until January or the summer to bring someone in.

1 minute ago, Fantail Breeze said:

I disagree. We’re one point from safety with 31 games to go.

This squad is more than good enough to easily stay up and any half decent caretaker would achieve that.

If we signed someone like Conte on a pre-agreement to join in the summer, allowing Jones to steady the ship wouldn’t concern me too much at all. 

If results began to sour or he didn’t get us clear enough of the drop, we could change it instantly and use the January window to keep us clear.

Of course if there is a good managerial appointment available now, we should be snapping them up. This scenario is only relevant if we have to wait until January or the summer to bring someone in.

That’s all based on the hope jones would have the ability to start getting us wins and soon which I’m convinced he doesn’t considering his only managerial experience was him getting sacked by Luton town.