Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

3 minutes ago, Lazarus said:

[emoji38] You know fine well neither would walk out on their clurbs.

I’m fairness, although we’re all sure that Rafa wouldn’t, Rodgers has walked out of jobs previously. Depends what the draw for him is, I guess. 

2 hours ago, Yorkie said:

... During his time at Gladbach, Favre revived a fallen giant of football, taking them from certainties for relegation to the pinnacle of world football in the Champions League. 

... In his first season, Nice finished third and qualified for the Champions League, their best league position in decades.

... Favre's teams play a dynamic, quick and attacking-minded football where ball possession and change of tempo alternate. This attractive style of play has brought results in every club he has managed. Furthermore, Favre is very skillful tactically, leaving his opponents struggling to penetrate his well-organized sides. 

Aye. Him. 

I’ve been a Dortmund fan on the side for a while and have watched most of their games.

I would not want Favre.

no one in Dortmund would want him back, even key players expressed their frustration with him after he was sacked. Quite openly I might add and with poignant critique of his tactical issues.

He’s good at coaching youngsters though. He does develop them well. 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/amanda-staveley-keeps-steve-bruce-in-the-dark-over-newcastle-united-job-ws3ntjrpt

Sources insist no decision has been made as to who will be the manager and that strategic reviews are taking place to avoid making mistakes that could damage the club. Names in the frame include Roberto Martínez, Frank Lampard, Lucien Favre and Graham Potter.

Really don't want either Gerrard or Lampard. Not being English, I never felt any obligation to pretend 

that I didn't hate the both of them.  

Had a genuine dislike for Rodgers, but I think I'm over it now.  Under the circumstances he'd be a decent choice.

12 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

Really don't want either Gerrard or Lampard. Not being English, I never felt any obligation to pretend 

Had a genuine dislike for Rodgers, but I think I'm over it now.  Under the circumstances he'd be a decent choice.

I’m English and cannot stand either of them.

Would be over the moon with Rodgers like. Would be a very ambitious appointment for where we’re at now. Would weaken one of the clubs we will see as rivals over the next few years too. 

9 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I’m English and cannot stand either of them.

Would be over the moon with Rodgers like. Would be a very ambitious appointment for where we’re at now. Would weaken one of the clubs we will see as rivals over the next few years too. 

I wanted us to go for Rodgers when it was obvious Rafa wasn't going to stay, but by the time he'd gone Rodgers was at Leicester. I'm not sure he'll jump ship but I'd be very happy if we got him.

I'd be OK with Martinez as well - we've maybe got a better chance with him as I've a feeling he'd want to return to club football and the Premier League specifically. 

They need to be on point with the next manager hire OR get someone inspirational enough to reignite our passion and sense of wonder for a while. 

We desperately need someone with some class and charisma that can inspire fans as well as the players. I just don't see that with Rodgers or Potter (the former also surely wouldn't come and the latter isn't better than Howe imo). Gerrard and Lampard make me shudder at the thought. Martinez would be better than some are giving him credit for but he is limited too. Many of the names on the list will disappoint people, such is the newly heightened expectation. 

Favre or Rangrick are the most intriguing for me and people that could potentially build something until we can truly attract a Conte.  People turned their nose up at Zinedine Zidane but the lift someone of his calibre for players and fans to look up to would make him an excellent person to bring in, if he didn't turn into the best long term hire I think he would spark peoples imagination and attract players. 

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

I'd get fully get behind every manager we've been linked too with the exception of those two too. I'd get behind Lampard with reservations and just wouldn't believe in Gerrard at all. Don't dislike him in anyway, just isn't ready and we'd be a stepping stone. With Rafa and Poch off the table honestly, given the situation were in, Rodgers would be the man for me too. Could get us out of this and progress us up the next stages so no seat filler situation. Thinks its really 50/50 whether he would but it seems he was tempted by Arsenal recently and he's butting against a bit of a glass ceiling now.

Edited by Wolfcastle

16 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

I'd get fully get behind every manager we've been linked too with the exception of those two too. I'd get behind Lampard with reservations and just wouldn't believe in Gerrard at all. Don't dislike him in anyway, just isn't ready and we'd be a stepping stone. With Rafa and Poch off the table honestly, given the situation were in, Rodgers would be the man for me too. Could get us out of this and progress us up the next stages.

It’s essential that the manager is exactly the right fit not only to ensure we’re still in the premier league, but also in a position to push on. Appoint the wrong person and there is a chance we will be relegated, resulting in the overall project being put on hold for a year and maybe even longer. Hopefully money talks and we can push through the deal to convince the right person to sign up.

Bruce has to be gone before Sunday, I can live with Jones being at the helm for a week or two, but keeping that fraud on will result in an atmosphere which will be totally against Bruce, instead of a celebration of new feeling of hope and a crowd totally behind the team from the start.

Edited by et tu brute

I'd take Rodgers but I can't see him leaving Leicester yet. Leicester fans I know can't either in spite of their iffy start this season.

Favre, meh for me, sacked at Dortmund, not fond of ASM, probably nah. By all reports he's defensively not great, won't help us atm.

Martinez should be a no, can't organise a defence to save his life and with our current Bruce-influenced mess that's not going to be a good appointment. :lol:

Lampard is a no. Didn't get Derby promoted with Tomori, Mason Mount and Harry Wilson in his team. Did well at Chelsea in 19/20 with a transfer ban but Chelsea got worse under him when he was able to splash. Chelsea fan I live with says we should stay well clear.

Gerrard is a no too, mainly because I think it's a non-starter as I doubt he'll leave Rangers. Plus, he's unproven in the PL and I think he'll only see us as a stepping stone to the Liverpool job. No from me.

Potter doesn't excite me. Good coach, done well with Brighton, but it's a tad meh to me. Unsure whether he'd leave either.

Howe looks like a non-starter as he loves the south so much. Probably got similar feelings about him now as I do Potter.

Conte is my dream choice as posted before. Can organise that defence, would galvanise the club and fanbase additionally to the mood created by the takeover, got the standing in the game to attract top players when the time comes. IMO, sell this to him, give him what he wants.

Ten Hag for me with a director of football above rebuilding the infrastructure, it might take a bit more time but the foundations will be great.

I fear Conte will buy older short life players for immediate success and leave us with another rebuild when he goes after two seasons.

Luke Edwards on TalkSport this morning peddling the idea that we are in for Lampard and that he would be a good manager for us. 

Edited by LV

29 minutes ago, LV said:

Luke Edwards on TalkSport this morning peddling the idea that we are in for Lampard and that he would be a good manager for us. 

With a bit of luck Edwards is now out of the loop with regards Staveley and Co and that's bullshit.

Think the Lampard talk is due to Jamie Ruben's Friendship with Lampard and Redknapp. I think it could be just paper talk of putting two and two together and getting 5. I think they are waiting until they sort the DOF first then look for a compatible manager. The new team seem to be more methodical and action planned than the old rabble of shite.

Edited by Schecter

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I think Lampard and Martinez would take us down.

yup. Lampard needs more experience and Martinez has never impressed bar his spell at Wigan. Both would be terrible appointments. 

8 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

They are the epitome of the next gen PFMs.

Got their jobs because of names and reputations as players

I think the issue with young up and coming managers like Gerrard and Lampard not to tarnish them all with the same brush but we need reform and reshaping from the ground up I dont see that from someone who hasnt been around, grown a network of contacts and being used to dealing with a regular influx of change window after window (assuming here we will buy every transfer window from now on as we look to move players on an improve the squad). 

If a DOF comes in and does most of that function and we get a manager in just to manage then I would still want someone with more experience this isnt a side that is regular top 6-8 season on season that needs the final push or bit of sprinkling of quality, while I believe Bruce has us in a false league position due to how bad he is I still think we are a lower mid-table side as a realistic ceiling (injuries dependent).