Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Conte, Mourinho etc are not going to come in to NUFC, with a shit squad and is currently 2nd bottom.  The next manager is a manager to get us up the league and to start to bring in better players.   Hopefully we will then be in the top 10 and then the Conte/Mourinho's of this world will become interested.   

The next manager is not the end game, its a building block, IMHO

Just now, Awaymag said:

Conte, Mourinho etc are not going to come in to NUFC, with a shit squad and is currently 2nd bottom.  The next manager is a manager to get us up the league and to start to bring in better players.   Hopefully we will then be in the top 10 and then the Conte/Mourinho's of this world will become interested.   

The next manager is not the end game, its a building block, IMHO

Be no good when he relegates us. If it was the start of the season and window open I'd be more open to it. As it stands he has to get a lot right and I don't think he's got enough in him to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Be no good when he relegates us. If it was the start of the season and window open I'd be more open to it. As it stands he has to get a lot right and I don't think he's got enough in him to do so. 

7 games into a 38 game league - we all know this squad is not a bottom 3 squad, we just had a bottom 3 owner and manager, holding them back.  2 wins and things will look totally different.

Edited by Awaymag

Just now, Awaymag said:

7 games into a 38 game league - we all know this squad is not a bottom 3 squad, we just had a bottom 3 owner and manager, holding them back.

7 relatively easy games gone with hard coming up and no window open to rescue any mistakes. Half a season will be gone before we can buy our way out of trouble. 

Literally the worst from the list by a country mile. I had some major knee jerk comments i just typed here and then deleted as he did do well at Derby. It was a big mistake to leave so early for Chelsea but no-one can blame him. His biggest problem was tactical naivety but more worryingly his lack of ability to work with the bigger name players and personalities they brought in and freezing others out. 

Trying to look glass half full, if it was an interim job maybe it would give players a boost and turn us around. He definitely has a lot to prove but would be MASSIVELY underwhelming in comparison to everyone on the list. I'd even prefer Howe or Potter, or Gerrard.  

From everything we have learned from his Chelsea stint this job would be a disaster waiting to happen. He comes across like the new Tim Sherwood. Cockney media darling, limited in reality.

What next, Bruce as DOF?

Edit: I even revised the post because I was knee-jerking and still knee-jerked more.

Edited by toontownman

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

7 relatively easy games gone with hard coming up and no window open to rescue any mistakes. Half a season will be gone before we can buy our way out of trouble. 

There's 11 games to the halfway stage including games against Norwich, Burnley, Palace, Brentford, Brighton, Arsenal, etc.

40 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

If Rodgers is interested then it'd be a good enough reason not to hire him.  

[b Good manager but he's already managing a brilliant club and should probably prove his credentials in the PL before sniffing around other jobs. [/b]

Also, if we're happy to look at managers of other clubs then Rafa should be miles ahead in any consideration for the post. 

Rodgers has more than proven himself as a PL manager. How much higher can he realistically take Leicester on a consistent basis? If he reckons he’s going to have the resources here to challenge for the title like Staveley said is the long term goal, rather than a 4th-6th place team depending on what Arsenal and Spurs are doing, he might go for it.

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Rodgers has more than proven himself as a PL manager. How much higher can he realistically take Leicester on a consistent basis? If he reckons he’s going to have the resources here to challenge for the title like Staveley said is the long term goal, rather than a 4th-6th place team depending on what Arsenal and Spurs are doing, he might go for it.

I think his goal at Leicester is to qualify them for the CL, that’s their long-term goal, and of course win cup competitions. To establish Leicester as a top 4/regular CL team. He’s capable, but how long that can be sustained at a club like Leicester isn’t as sustainable as it would be if he was say manager of Arsenal, Spurs and now an NUFC. I’d take him in a heartbeat, but he’s not someone you would appoint to win titles…

21 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He managed to make a world-class side look very ordinary and has been on record saying he doesn’t have a style of play just “good football and win the ball back aggressively”.

Not hyperbole to say he’d be a minuscule upgrade on what we have currently.

37 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I mean if we're hoping to be a CL club then he needs to prove he can do that for a start. He should have had that tied up twice now, it's not like he's doing it on a budget and I'm not sure the quality or player being signed is any worse than most thr other teams around them.

The other thing is that I quite like Leicester as a club, and if you turn your back on a club like that then are you really someone who I'd want at my club? 

Edited by Thumbheed

4 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I mean if we're hoping to be a CL club then he needs to prove he can do that for a start. He should have had that tied up twice now, it's not like he's doing it on a budget and I'm not sure the quality or player being signed is any worse than most thr other teams around them.

The other thing is that I quite like Leicester as a club, and if you turn your back on a club like that then are you really someone who I'd want at my club? 

Aye but he’s still up against 4-5 clubs with far superior squads & resources.

44 minutes ago, Sima said:

It's honestly a toss of a coin whether I'd keep Bruce or get Lampard in.  He's that shite.

As much as it pains me - I agree.  I am hoping it's just click bait as I am sure the press have as much clue about what is going on as us.