Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

12 hours ago, Collage said:

:lol:

This guy is fantastic on twitter. Very very funny. If you're at a loose end you should watch his dad videos "Hello Marcus, it's your father..." - they've been going for around a year and there's effectively a storyline built around the dad now. 

I think he's also a Newcastle fan, which is a bonus.

11 minutes ago, 54 said:

Where he said that?

“For a variety of complicated reasons, I was told there’s “no chance” of Rangnick coming to Newcastle, but I’m not setting that in stone either yet. I just don’t think the club are at the decision-making stage and won’t be for a while.”

39 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

This guy is fantastic on twitter. Very very funny. If you're at a loose end you should watch his dad videos "Hello Marcus, it's your father..." - they've been going for around a year and there's effectively a storyline built around the dad now. 

He is. He does a Newcastle podcast called Newcastle natter

Edited by gdm

14 minutes ago, Manxst said:

“For a variety of complicated reasons, I was told there’s “no chance” of Rangnick coming to Newcastle, but I’m not setting that in stone either yet. I just don’t think the club are at the decision-making stage and won’t be for a while.”

Got to wonder that the plan is then ? Is it going to be Bruce or jones till then, either way doesn’t fill me with hope that we can get out of the relegation zone 

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

He hosts a podcast; ”Newcastle Natter”. Listened to the latest episode, much about our conflicted feelings about the takeover. Worth a listen.

Edited by Collage

Lampard makes me think of when we appointed Shearer as manager. Trading mostly off his name as an outstanding England player, not really proven anything as a manager. I just don't see the point. 

Probably zero chance of a manager like Rodgers coming in at this point. Why would he or Poch or even Potter for that matter leave an exciting project for a relegation scrap? Rangnick as a manager would be perfect, perhaps then as a DoF later on. Very experienced, great tactician, not shy of a challenge and has considerable experience of building clubs with newfound money from the bottom up. If he's interested we'd be bonkers not pursuing him. Conte would probably be my first choice though.

This is exciting. I am currently feeling excitement towards NUFC. What the fuck.

23 minutes ago, sixx said:

Probably zero chance of a manager like Rodgers coming in at this point. Why would he or Poch or even Potter for that matter leave an exciting project for a relegation scrap? Rangnick as a manager would be perfect, perhaps then as a DoF later on. Very experienced, great tactician, not shy of a challenge and has considerable experience of building clubs with newfound money from the bottom up. If he's interested we'd be bonkers not pursuing him. Conte would probably be my first choice though.

This is exciting. I am currently feeling excitement towards NUFC. What the fuck.

Because we’re now an exciting project ourselves with literally a blank canvas and infinite amount of money with which to sculpt the future if this great club in their own vision. If all goes to plan, we’ll be bigger than PSG, Man City, Man Utd, and certainly Brighton, and the chance to be there from the start of this journey and guide the club on its path to true greatness must (should!) be a HUGE pull.

35 minutes ago, sixx said:

Providing the new owners don't become Mike Ashley Mk II, this really shouldn't be approaching anywhere near a relegation scrap. There's 31 matches left, the club are 1 point from safety and a three match winning run from the top ten.

There's enough in this squad for a competent manager to get a tune out of for three months whilst planning for the January reinforcements that should also be be way above relegation scrap quality.

Rodgers in particular is a massive narcissist, isn't he? :lol: He would probably love the thought of a club that now has the richest owners in the world but with barely any infrastructure that he could build from the ground up in his vision, with the very realistic aim of a trophy to make him a literal legend in the eyes of a region that has been starved of success for so long.

I think some people may be very surprised at the level of manager that may now be willing to lead this 'relegation scrap'.

19 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Because we're now an exciting project?

Plus we'll always have the aura of a big football city that Leicester will never have IMO. It's why Rafa came here when so many people scorned the idea he would ever be interested. I think some of the younger fans just don't understand how big Newcastle can be, and why that excites people in the game. 

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

I forgot how annoying next manager betting odds were. :lol: One of the most easily-manipulated markets going, isn't it?

I once put £10 on Ameobi as next manager to post for a joke on here and Unibet slashed his odds immediately

Edited by Kaizero