Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

14 minutes ago, Kaizero said:

I once put £10 on Ameobi as next manager to post for a joke on here and Unibet slashed his odds immediately

:lol: It was probably that subconsciously nagging in the back of my mind.

59 minutes ago, geordie_b said:

Cant see it, why would he swap his curent project for one thats 3-4 years behind. Yes bigger potential but he would know its unlikely he lasts longer than 3 years

He's gone as far as he can at Leicester and he leaves with a high of the FA Cup.

1 hour ago, geordie_b said:

Cant see it, why would he swap his curent project for one thats 3-4 years behind. Yes bigger potential but he would know its unlikely he lasts longer than 3 years

He's got an ego as big as the Tyne bridge, he'd probably think he's winning the league if he gets a three year contract. 

I'd be very, very happy with Rodgers but I still can't see it. I know he made the jump from Watford to Reading and Celtic to Leicester, but is this not a bit much of a jump for him? He's very ambitious like but I just can't picture it happening.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

I'd be very, very happy with Rodgers but I still can't see it. I know he made the jump from Watford to Reading and Celtic to Leicester, but is this not a bit much of a jump for him? He's very ambitious like but I just can't picture it happening.

He’s a near champions league level manager and we’re second bottom ? 

5 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

In the short term this would definitely  be seen as a step backwards

1 minute ago, tgarve said:

He’s a near champions league level manager and we’re second bottom ? 

Only second bottom because of Bruce. The narrative pre takeover was literally anyone else would see us safe and I'll stand by that. We could well be out of the bottom three if we beat Spurs. Plus, going to sound like a deluded Geordie™ but with these new owners is our ceiling not higher than Leicester City's? He may want to be part of that.

I'm just trying to see the reasons on why he could make the jump from Leicester to here, I can't see it happening myself.

1 minute ago, Magpie said:

In the short term this would definitely  be seen as a step backwards

For him, probably. People in this country, especially outside of their respective clubs, look at solely league position or results and make judgments on that rather than looking at the relative, varying contexts. Leicester now are still a more well run club than us, been more successful than us in the last 6 years and have a brilliant side in spite of their iffy start this season. But like the post above, is our limit higher than Leicester's now given the money we have behind us? He might want to be part of it and would be a good choice for the owners, given Leicester's improvement from under Puel to them in the last 2 years.

I could see Rodger’s fancying it, especially if new owners sell him on their plans. He’s probably at that point now where currently he can leave and be viewed as a massive success, but the longer he stays how much further can he take them? Missing out on top 4 last 2 years must really have stung. Massive task to replace Vardy just round the corner too. Again if our lot convince him of their plans, probably makes taking that next step with Leicester even more difficult - double whammy.

Edited by Anderson

If Rodgers joins us from Leicester then the New Owners will have definitely of sold him a vision that we will compete and compete pretty soon ( couple year) , he will of been promised heavy investment and backing. He is currently at a team who the last 2 seasons have finished 5th while we have been in the bottom half and have an average squad. He wouldn't leave Leicester to join us unless he had been promised quite a lot.

27 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Only second bottom because of Bruce. The narrative pre takeover was literally anyone else would see us safe and I'll stand by that. We could well be out of the bottom three if we beat Spurs. Plus, going to sound like a deluded Geordie™ but with these new owners is our ceiling not higher than Leicester City's? He may want to be part of that.

I'm just trying to see the reasons on why he could make the jump from Leicester to here, I can't see it happening myself.

I can see it happening. Brendan is old enough to view Newcastle as a sleeping giant, he'll have seen the Keegan days, and he's big headed enough to fancy being the hero to deliver trophies to Newcastle IMO. 

I'm not saying that from some sort of delusion either, I'm not his biggest fan tbh, he always struck me as being something of a wanker. But part of him will definitely fancy it I think. 

Just now, Nepharite said:

I think Rodgers is a bit of a dick personally. But he makes the most sense if we cant get Rafa.

Yeah, despite not liking him personally, would take him any day of the week over Lampard and Gerrard. He's a good manager despite being a pretentious twat. 

1 minute ago, TRon said:

Yeah, despite not liking him personally, would take him any day of the week over Lampard and Gerrard. He's a good manager despite being a pretentious twat. 

But he'd be our pretentious twat. :lol:

Leicester played some lovely stuff in 19/20 and last season. Would have him all day if Conte doesn't fancy it.

Edited by HaydnNUFC