Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

yep. Its about as natural and honest as you can get in football these days. Of course money has been spent and some questions over where that money comes from but considering the standards these days its pretty much fairytale stuff.

Well, apart from the bit when they went into administration and wiped off £70m of debt...

1 minute ago, nbthree3 said:

Brendan's holding out for Man City instead https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-10089635/Brendan-Rodgers-REJECT-approach-Newcastles-owners-holds-Man-City-job.html

Sources have confirmed that the Leicester boss would feature on a shortlist to succeed Guardiola at the end of next season. He has admirers at the Etihad and was discussed as a replacement for Roberto Mancini in 2013.

Rodgers’ name has been part of the conversation among Newcastle’s new owners in the past week, as have several others.

However, there is a feeling that making a move for a rival top-flight boss would be politically disruptive at this stage of their ownership, even though some have said he is the best man for the role.

Pep needs to leave citeh at the end of the season and go back and sort out Barca. 

5 minutes ago, Dokko said:

Pep needs to leave citeh at the end of the season and go back and sort out Barca. 

I’m a few years once someone else has sorted it, and got their finances straightened out. There’s no way Pep will want to be there with little chance of silverware and title hunting to add to his CV, no matter how much he loves the club. 

Wouldn't it be refreshing if Amanda came out tomorrow and said something like ' Media have linked us to 40 managers and 100 plus players so far but just want to say to NUFC fans that they should ignore everything they write as we haven't started to look yet as we are focused on getting a DOF in'   Would just love that as all of it is clearly bullshit!

Edited by Awaymag

A sporting manager before a manager is the right way imo, I can trust Jones to handle the team for a few games at most.

Sporting manager 1st gives them a chance to have a say over the manager, so a Rangnick figure can put someone he trusts to play the gegenpress as manager (his Russian side have just appointed Gisdol for example) rather than it be the other way round and potentially conflict.

And give Rangnick whatever he wants 

1 minute ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Starting to get concerned that no one wants the job . Surely the media should be full of managers dropping hints at the very least ? At the minute theres a weird silence 

It is 6 days since they bought a football club for the first time, nobody knows anything 

2 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Starting to get concerned that no one wants the job . Surely the media should be full of managers dropping hints at the very least ? At the minute theres a weird silence 

People want the job man, chill out :lol:

Just now, InspectorCoarse said:

That doesnt stop interested managers dropping hints in the media - so far it would seem - nothing

Giroud was plugging lampard the other day and there have been fifty billion quantum articles written linking just about every plausible person under the sun. I really get the desire to sack Bruce and get someone in as soon as possible but people are losing their minds already and nothing has happened. Ashley has given us PTSD. 

7 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

This is the new thing to W A I T for, it really is!

We will need a sensible period with Jones as Caretaker Manager to find the very "best Director of Football" in the world (the best name is already being regularly mentioned for this) THEN, between him and the Board, to find the "best Manager in the world". 

Our new owners will only ever want 'worlds best' (or as near as they can get to that) for everything, and this takes T I M E, I would imagine, quite a lot of very careful time!

Edited by manorpark

5 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Course not man, soon as Bruce is peddled you won't get moved online for hints of managers wanting it. Also, look how the takeover (towards the end) was kept under wraps. Appreciate they were apparently forced to do it fast, but Downie said yesterday he got wind 5 weeks ago it could be on the cards and nothing leaked.

Got no doubt at all it just happened so fast that they've barely had time to breathe yet, but also no doubt the consortium have had agents touting their clients for the job.

Still think they'll want a simultaneous announcement. Bruce out and either Jones for a bit (if he fancies it) or their new man announced within a day or 2 of Bruce going. 

If we’re hiring a proper sporting director then he’s not going to limit us to UK based managers or whoever the media says are the favourites. There are quite a few managers out there that have good records and are out of a job.

14 hours ago, Thumbheed said:

Jorge Jesus has always intruiged me. 

What's he upto nowadays? Surely he'd fancy a bash in the PL? 

EDIT: Interestingly had a spell at Al-Hilal in KSA...

Good catch! Jesus had a very successful (short) run at Al Hilal in Saudi Arabia.

I do think he is a very good manager, but I prefer someone with experience in PL.

3 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

If we’re hiring a proper sporting director then he’s not going to limit us to UK based managers or whoever the media says are the favourites. There are quite a few managers out there that have good records and are out of a job.

Can you name them please ?

Favre is the most obvious choice. He's a brilliant man manager, tactically very versatile and has done the job/journey we need to go on over next few years in 2 of his previous 3 jobs. (and done it well). He's took the job at Gladbach in a relegation fight and had them in the champions league in 2 years. I also think a quiet, dignified and unassuming manager over the next few years might be just what we need, especially considering how much noise there will be off the pitch.

Also, the ASM story is red herring imo, ASM played 38 times in that season they had together., whilst also producing his best numbers, 5 goals and 8 assists.