Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

I wouldn't say they need to be out of job, we're not operating under Big Mike anymore.

On a side note, the idea that there are no good, quality options out there because a couple of geezers on an internet forum can't think of any is great.

3 minutes ago, InspectorCoarse said:

Can you name them please ?

I’ll have a go at naming some. Jorge Jesus from the previous page is an excellent shout. But also Roger Schmidt especially if Rangnik becomes DOF, Ten Haag, Gasperini though that might be a bit ambitious at this stage. Galtieri if he would come after just accepting a new job offer not that long ago. AVB, Jardim especially if Campos comes in instead of Rangnik.

3 minutes ago, kamakazeee said:

Favre is the most obvious choice. He's a brilliant man manager, tactically very versatile and has done the job/journey we need to go on over next few years in 2 of his previous 3 jobs. (and done it well). He's took the job at Gladbach in a relegation fight and had them in the champions league in 2 years. I also think a quiet, dignified and unassuming manager over the next few years might be just what we need, especially considering how much noise there will be off the pitch.

Also, the ASM story is red herring imo, ASM played 38 times in that season they had together., whilst also producing his best numbers, 5 goals and 8 assists. 

Favre was excellent at Gladbach. He was being spoken in about in the same conversations as Klopp.

He developed some excellent youth (Sommer, Xhaka, Kramer, Hazard,  Herrmann, etc) and transformed the club into regular Champios League qualifiers, playing some loveky stuff.

It just didn't work out for him at Dortmund competing against a very good Bayern outfit, every error was punished. Their defence was unreliable and his in-game management was often questioned. 

I don't know much about his spell at Nice, but based on his time in Germany we could do a hell of a lot worse.

8 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Favre was excellent at Gladbach. He was being spoken in about in the same conversations as Klopp.

He developed some excellent youth (Sommer, Xhaka, Kramer, Hazard,  Herrmann, etc) and transformed the club into regular Champios League qualifiers, playing some loveky stuff.

It just didn't work out for him at Dortmund competing against a very good Bayern outfit, every error was punished. Their defence was unreliable and his in-game management was often questioned. 

I don't know much about his spell at Nice, but based on his time in Germany we could do a hell of a lot worse.

He got Nice to their highest finish and Champions league football and also had Balotelli playing arguably the best football of his career.

The thing Favre, he hits a brickwall. He's very good at getting teams overachieving and into European football - which is where largely most of his success has come. He hits a brickwall when it comes to getting teams over the line in terms of winning leagues etc. But, that's not the job we are looking for in the short term, we actually just need Favre to do what he does best, get teams playing good football, develop players and get us moving up the league. 

Longer term, obviously he could be an issue, but I don't think he's a long term appointment anyway, he's 62/63 now. 

Edited by kamakazeee

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Frank Haise is doing a superb job at Lens. Fofana would be an excellent buy too.

Agreed. He's very good at developing players too. But, this is his first job in a top league and he's only a year in - big risk in terms of experience?

52 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

I wouldn't say they need to be out of job, we're not operating under Big Mike anymore.

On a side note, the idea that there are no good, quality options out there because a couple of geezers on an internet forum can't think of any is great.

simpler to get someone in who's available right away rather than having to agree compensation with a club to get someone 

1 hour ago, kamakazeee said:

Favre is the most obvious choice. He's a brilliant man manager, tactically very versatile and has done the job/journey we need to go on over next few years in 2 of his previous 3 jobs. (and done it well). He's took the job at Gladbach in a relegation fight and had them in the champions league in 2 years. I also think a quiet, dignified and unassuming manager over the next few years might be just what we need, especially considering how much noise there will be off the pitch.

Also, the ASM story is red herring imo, ASM played 38 times in that season they had together., whilst also producing his best numbers, 5 goals and 8 assists. 

This is exactly how I feel, and I know a couple of people have expressed some uncertainty about him in the thread, but I think it's a really good fit at this stage, and potentially further.

The job he did at Gladbach is a huge plus for me, and exactly what we need here initially. And if he can then go on to actually build on that and compete then brilliant. He was also in discussions with both Palace and Everton prior to this season and so I would imagine he's been keeping an eye on the Premier league and should have a good idea about it.

The fact he already also has a good idea of managing our best player is also massive and so there would be no surprises there. He also got the best out of Balotelli while he was at Nice and there is no character more complicated than that guy!

Edited by KaKa

I’m all in on Favre based on what I have read on here and some of the articles I have seen.

My number one choice is still Conte and him not officially ruling himself out gives me hope it’s possible. He was linked with Arsenal about 6 weeks back and came straight out to deny that, he’s been linked with us for a week now and still hasn’t. Still a long shot I know but it would be such a statement and match with the ambition the consortium spoke about last week.

Just now, madras said:

Could also be someone comes in as  interim Manager then moves on to become DoF type role at the end of the season when the manager/head coach we want is more likely to come.

Rangnick would be ideal if this is the move.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Could also be someone comes in as  interim Manager then moves on to become DoF type role at the end of the season when the manager/head coach we want is more likely to come.

I’ve never liked this approach. It blurs the lines too much. It’s the reason Mourinho didn’t come here when SBR said he was going to it.

Just now, christ said:

I’ve never liked this approach. It blurs the lines too much. It’s the reason Mourinho didn’t come here when SBR said he was going to it.

It would mean saying no now to someone like Conte.