Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

If Rangick's the sporting director of choice then it's him imo until the summer. Demba Ba just did an interview with The Athletic interestingly saying he's working under Rangnick for lessons one a week (he signed Ba at Hoffenheim) to be a sporting director through his consultancy program. Maybe an appointment in the future in some capacity.

But not as a manager [emoji38]

OK, so this is another area where I have to give some perspective. “No set-up, no structure is set in stone,” a good source told me on Monday night.

What we have to remember is that although Staveley and co have had plenty of time to study Newcastle’s books, they were under orders from Ashley not to speak to anybody employed by the club until the deal went through. They had met and talked to nobody until last week and had not visited the training ground until Monday. “We need to go in and do a very robust assessment of where the club is at every level and then come back and make decisions,” Staveley said.

While they do that, a report will be put together – what do they want the club to look like, what will the structure be? They have had plenty of ideas in the past, but individuals – like Benitez, for instance – have moved on and so those ideas have never crystallised.

At the same time, they will have to inquire about who might be available, so we can all expect a steady drip of names and stories. They will also be bombarded by agents telling them their clients are available. Some will use the media. Doesn’t mean they’ll be appointed, doesn’t mean they won’t be.

For a variety of complicated reasons, I was told there’s “no chance” of Rangnick coming to Newcastle, but I’m not setting that in stone either yet. I just don’t think the club are at the decision-making stage and won’t be for a while.

Is what Caulkin said. If they're not at the decision-making stage no wonder. But if reports suggesting he's interested (as a sporting director but could slot as manager if he committed though he might not want to now) are true I can't see why we shouldn't go for it 

20 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

I appreciate everyone saying it takes time and they haven’t been here long but we are going to have to get to the decision making stage sharpish or we will be cut adrift at the bottom

There's 31 games left, mate. Reckon there's enough time to get survival sorted. 

Just have to wait and see, the overall decision maker is supposedly arriving tomorrow, so we may see movement on a few things next week. Seems to me that this turnaround from the Premier League has caught them on the hop big time.

Personally think it's a big mistake keeping Bruce. Interesting that the press session has been put back to the afternoon, which suggests to me he is going to be well primed on what/what not to say. I honestly hate the cunt more than any manager in all the years I have been supporting, surpassing Pardew and Souness.  

8 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

So would you be comfortable sticking with Bruce another month if they still can’t decide a new manager ?

We've gone from 1 game, to an entire month now? :lol: 

Honestly? Sure. We need to act accordingly and improvement isn't going to move the needle until we can bring in new players come January. Should Bruce be in this job? Absolutely not and there's a reason (he's shit) why we plucked him from a mid table championship club, but if it's deemed having him short term is providing stabilization, then fine. 

A week ago we were faced with a season and beyond of Bruce. Now, we've all got the idea everything needs to happen at high velocity because the takeover was approved in 48hrs out of nowhere. There's been zero public support of Bruce from our new owners, with the only mention of performance quoted being "this club should not be 19th". Brucey's days are numbered, it will happen very soon.

2 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

We've gone from 1 game, to an entire month now? :lol: 

Honestly? Sure. We need to act accordingly and improvement isn't going to move the needle until we can bring in new players come January. Should Bruce be in this job? Absolutely not and there's a reason (he's shit) why we plucked him from a mid table championship club, but if it's deemed having him short term is providing stabilization, then fine. 

A week ago we were faced with a season and beyond of Bruce. Now, we've all got the idea everything needs to happen at high velocity because the takeover was approved in 48hrs out of nowhere. There's been zero public support of Bruce from our new owners, with the only mention of performance quoted being "this club should not be 19th". Brucey's days are numbered, it will happen very soon.

No I’m saying we need a decision pretty sharp which I think is a fair assessment based on our position and form. I’m also assuming that Bruce is here until a replacement is in so if they aren’t anywhere close to the decision making stage then I think it’s a fair assumption Bruce will still be here at least another game after Sunday.

1 hour ago, Scotty66 said:

Surely if it was Lampard this would have all been settled days ago now, keeping Bruce in the job says to me they haven't decided on who they want or they are waiting for a DOF first. 

Patience.

Things takes time. The two advisors, Frank McParland and Owen Brown, have put together a list of potential new managers to the consortium. But need their own contracts fixed first before getting ready to work. Steve Bruce will be sacked.

Also, I think they want Lucien Favre. Experienced and available.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in Luke Edwards' house the day Bruce is finally sacked. The relentless prick will be beside himself.

I'd ban the cunt for life personally. Fucking weapon. Hopefully goes to report on Lincoln or whoever else Bruce winds up rinsing for the next few years.

40 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

No I’m saying we need a decision pretty sharp which I think is a fair assessment based on our position and form. I’m also assuming that Bruce is here until a replacement is in so if they aren’t anywhere close to the decision making stage then I think it’s a fair assumption Bruce will still be here at least another game after Sunday.

:thup: Fair enough, but I think we also need to exercise patience as we're now run by a consortium and humans with another level of business acumen than Ashley and his cronies ever had. Even with Bruce on the touchline, I think we can win games between now and the end of his tenure.