Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

1 hour ago, nbthree3 said:

OK, so this is another area where I have to give some perspective. “No set-up, no structure is set in stone,” a good source told me on Monday night.

What we have to remember is that although Staveley and co have had plenty of time to study Newcastle’s books, they were under orders from Ashley not to speak to anybody employed by the club until the deal went through. They had met and talked to nobody until last week and had not visited the training ground until Monday. “We need to go in and do a very robust assessment of where the club is at every level and then come back and make decisions,” Staveley said.

While they do that, a report will be put together – what do they want the club to look like, what will the structure be? They have had plenty of ideas in the past, but individuals – like Benitez, for instance – have moved on and so those ideas have never crystallised.

At the same time, they will have to inquire about who might be available, so we can all expect a steady drip of names and stories. They will also be bombarded by agents telling them their clients are available. Some will use the media. Doesn’t mean they’ll be appointed, doesn’t mean they won’t be.

For a variety of complicated reasons, I was told there’s “no chance” of Rangnick coming to Newcastle, but I’m not setting that in stone either yet. I just don’t think the club are at the decision-making stage and won’t be for a while.

Is what Caulkin said. If they're not at the decision-making stage no wonder. But if reports suggesting he's interested (as a sporting director but could slot as manager if he committed though he might not want to now) are true I can't see why we shouldn't go for it 

This is interesting and makes a lot of sense, if they are only now just getting an opportunity to evaluate everything from top to bottom. Fair enough.

25 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

:thup: Fair enough, but I think we also need to exercise patience as we're now run by a consortium and humans with another level of business acumen than Ashley and his cronies ever had. Even with Bruce on the touchline, I think we can win games between now and the end of his tenure. 

Agreed with the patience it’s just because it’s Bruce really and I don’t trust him at all 😂

11 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Agreed with the patience it’s just because it’s Bruce really and I don’t trust him at all 😂

At least he'll have a noose around what he can or can't say where I don't think Ashley really cared what came out of his mouth. :lol: 

13 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

At least he'll have a noose around what he can or can't say where I don't think Ashley really cared what came out of his mouth. :lol: 

His press conference tomorrow (if he makes it to 1:30pm) will be an entertaining watch 😂

1 hour ago, The Bonk said:

:thup: Fair enough, but I think we also need to exercise patience as we're now run by a consortium and humans with another level of business acumen than Ashley and his cronies ever had. Even with Bruce on the touchline, I think we can win games between now and the end of his tenure. 

I doubt it, tbh. Absolutely nothing that he's served up on the pitch so far this season suggests otherwise.

We have Steve Bruce, our standards have been so low for so long that im amazed anyone would turn their nose up at a Martinez or Emery and its going to be a journey that will probably see a turnover of managers on next 5 years.

I thought it was because Paratici wanted someone more conservative, or at least that's the narrative Fonseca played https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/12415204/paulo-fonseca-says-tottenhams-fabio-paratici-pulled-out-of-deal-to-appoint-him-over-his-attacking-football

He told Telegraph Sport: "The agreement was done. We were planning the pre-season and Tottenham wanted an offensive coach. It wasn't announced but we planned pre-season players.

"But things changed when the new managing director arrived and we didn't agree with some ideas and he preferred another coach.

"I have some principles. I wanted to be coach of the great teams but I want the right project and a club where the people believe in my ideas, my way to play, and this didn't happen with the managing director.

"It's what the chairman (Daniel Levy) and the sporting director (Steve Hitchen) asked for: to build a team who can play attractive and offensive football and I was ready for that.

Martinez was relegated with Wigan, underperformed with Everton and hasn't delivered international silverware with one of the best teams in Europe over the last decade.

His teams play some nice looking stuff, but a constant theme is their inability to defend, individually or as unit. 

He'd represent a massive risk for a team in 19th that already struggles for clean sheets.