Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Emery.

Tbf I think there a lot of guess work going on still, without any real evidence. Bruce is still here for a start, then a couple of people on talk sport suggest Lampard, and suddenly he's one of the favourites.

Edited by Klaus

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Discounting Conte who would by my number one choice but don’t think we will get him, who would people top 3 choices be in order ?

Mine would be :

Emery 

Favre 

Fonseca 

Can't do much better than those three given the state the club is in at the moment. All three are top managers.

Emery would be a fantastic appointment I think. He was given a rough deal at Arsenal and he’s one of the better more realistic names I’ve seen linked recently. He’s worlds ahead of the Lampards, Gerards etc 

Simeone is a dream appointment. Passionate, even crazier than Conte in sideline and really good results with Atletico. I would choose him at the heartbeat. But probably wont leave Atletico.

Jesus, hopefully these Lampard rumours die off soon. 

11 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I just can’t believe we risked giving Bruce a Press Conference where he could have leaked Bin Salman was calling the shots.

:lol: he’s too thick to know who that is. 

Another thing to be excited about when we get our proper manager is actual insight into our game prep during press meetings. 

39 minutes ago, FinnMag said:

Simeone is a dream appointment. Passionate, even crazier than Conte in sideline and really good results with Atletico. I would choose him at the heartbeat. But probably wont leave Atletico.

Jesus, hopefully these Lampard rumours die off soon. 

They will. It's just the bookies maximising their profits.

7 hours ago, toontownman said:

Dyche and Wilder suggested by Robbie Savage  :sweetjesus: ;)

I won't post the full article, it will make people more angry.

Thanks for your consideration mate, rising blood pressure averted. :thup:

2 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Discounting Conte who would by my number one choice but don’t think we will get him, who would people top 3 choices be in order ?

Mine would be :

Emery 

Favre 

Fonseca 

That’s the best realistic shortlist IMO. I’d be happy with any of them.

I have no idea why everyone is jizzing over Potter. 

Conte, Ten Hag, Emery, Fonseca, Glasner, De Zerbi, Frank, Bordalas, Crespo, Gallardas, Gattuso, Villas Boas and probably even more as I'm not too familiar with France and whatnot. I wouldn't really want Favre but him over Potter ten out of ten times. 

All attainable (based on names in the press) managers I'd want ahead of Graham "My PL win percentage is lower than Steve Bruce" Potter.

On 15/10/2021 at 15:50, HaydnNUFC said:

Why not? He's been embroiled in relegation battles before in his career at Bari and has led a promotion push at Siena, a bit like Benitez at Extremadura, Tenerife, et cetera. His personality fits the club imo and he'd be idolised in our support in a similar way to how Benitez was which I think he'd love. His squad building at Juventus lead to their success under both him and under Allegri after him.

I just want us to approach him, if he says no he says no.

Nothing to do with his ability. Just him as a person. I’ve been around the block enough times to have a feel for when a manager would “gets us” and the fans taking to him. Not sure he would personally hence my thinking. Unlike Rafa SBR CH KK. One of those unquantifiable things I suppose.

1 hour ago, Ankles Bennett said:

Thomas Frank anyone?

Looks like a really good manager in the making, I think he's going places. If we are looking for an interim manager, good shout, if we are looking to attract big signings, doesn't have the clout to do it yet.