Eddie Howe

InspectorCoarse

Potter's just a bog standard Championship plodder who has been on a media training course in the summer and then had a lucky run of form at the start of this season. 

Would not be worth the punt. 

10 minutes ago, wfmk2 said:

Potter's just a bog standard Championship plodder who has been on a media training course in the summer and then had a lucky run of form at the start of this season. 

That's bollocks like, he's doing a decent job at Brighton.

2 minutes ago, Ben said:

Any chance someone can suggest a manager that would come and build the club from scratch so I can stop thinking that bloke is Rafa.

A good DoF should be doing some of that tbf, I think maybe we got hung up on Rafa's dedication just because we didn't have one. 

2 minutes ago, STM said:

So annoying that we have missed these managers by a couple of months. That's why an interim might work, because we can wait for the right man.

I would add Tuchel to that as well if he was still free after PSG I think he would have come here 

20 minutes ago, STM said:

So annoying that we have missed these managers by a couple of months. That's why an interim might work, because we can wait for the right man.

Yeah, I quite like the measured approach taken by the new ownership for this reason. I'd rather not make rash decisions based on short term thinking, overhauling the football side of this is not going to happen overnight. 

21 hours ago, wfmk2 said:

What a load of bollocks

12 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Not to keep banging the same drum but I’ve had a horrible feeling it’s going to be Lampard since this all started 

Please man, don't say this. I don't even dislike Lampard as much as some on here, but it would be such a poor appointment in the circumstances. We'd be in big trouble I think.

Don't think we're gonna get a world class manager at this point. Our squad is too poor, bad position in the league and awfull training facilities.

Important to get a manager in now who can organise the team. Someone who is tactically good. A manager who can save us this season and start building a team for the future.

I mean just look at Frank at Brentford, Potter at Brighton, what Howe did at Bournemouth(before relegation) and so on...

Doesn't have to be a big name to get us to the next level. Must be many like thoose out there.

Maybe someone like Kasper Hjulmand, who is doing great with the danish national team?

They are well organised and play attacking football.

Edited by Toon No9

28 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Please man, don't say this. I don't even dislike Lampard as much as some on here, but it would be such a poor appointment in the circumstances. We'd be in big trouble I think.

Yeah could easily take us down, he's not going to have Chelsea's superstars to work with here. Can't see him getting much of a tune out of Ritchie or Hendrick. 

Whoever comes in has a massive job on his hands. These players look like they've been on holiday since May. With the fixture list we've got coming up, could be January before we start seeing any upturn in results.